Gailey: "Today, there's no way I can envision anyone else" starting at QB next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Gailey: "Today, there's no way I can envision anyone else" starting at QB next year

Chan Gailey today on whether he can envision someone other than Fitz starting at quarterback for the Bills next season: "Today, there's no way I can envision anyone else."
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Gailey: "Today, there's no way I can envision anyone else" starting at QB next year

Today he cant, lets talk after April

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Re: Gailey: "Today, there's no way I can envision anyone else" starting at QB next year

I also have a feeling Chan is old-school and, even if he/Nix drafted Luck, would want the rookie to sit for a year to learn. Fitzpatrick has been playing well enough that they can do that.

At this point, I see them grabbing someone in the mid to late rounds again and trying to develop him.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

In Gailey's eyes maybe Fitz has done enough to earn that role. He will see it a lot different than the fans will being that he is with these guys on a daily basis. JMO

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

that's why he said 'today'. tomorrow he could totally think otherwise.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• dog14787
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Coach Sal
            Chan Gailey today on whether he can envision someone other than Fitz starting at quarterback for the Bills next season: "Today, there's no way I can envision anyone else."

The ideal situation would be to begin the season with Fitzpatrick as the Bills starter and win some football games regardless of what we do in the draft.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

"Today, Chan has no choice"...Still a long season though.
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

I don't think Fitz's play will derail the team from taking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. I think they let the rookie battle it out with Fitz during training camp, Fitz wins the job heading into the 2011 season, and the rookie waits for his opportunity. Whether that being 2012 or Week 7.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                  In Gailey's eyes maybe Fitz has done enough to earn that role. He will see it a lot different than the fans will being that he is with these guys on a daily basis. JMO
                  Bullseye.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                    You can't possbily be suggesting that Gailey is more qualified to assess Fitz's play than all the "experts" here.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Neither can I, because besides Luck (which isn't happening), I'd rather have any other rookie QB sit behind Fitz for a while and learn the position. Fitz would be the perfect mentor.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mayotm
                        You can't possbily be suggesting that Gailey is more qualified to assess Fitz's play than all the "experts" here.
                        It's quite possible we could be on to something here. I'm just saying. lmao...

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

Is anyone else not looking forward to the possibility of having a rookie QB taking the field in 2011? I'd prefer to stay with an average at worst QB with a solid supporting cast around him, than a fresh outta college QB learning the system with the same supporting cast that Fitz has around him now.

Fitz is not a super star, but QB is also not our biggest need in the draft IMO.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                            Gailey is mid-season with a QB who has been playing well. What does anyone expect him to say?

Do I think the Bills can convince themselves Fitz is all they need? Sure. Haven't we watched them do just that for a decade or more? Could he be? There is a chance.

But maybe Gailey used the word "today" because he's smart enough not to anoint Fitz as the guy who's all we need at this point.

This situation will be way more clear after the season is over and we would have been able to assess a whole body of work.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              At this point, I see them grabbing someone in the mid to late rounds again and trying to develop him.
                              That's what Levi Brown was supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X