PDA

View Full Version : What if Fitz beats the Steelers?

Extremebillsfan247
11-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Where will he stand with you? Pittsburgh is a really good football team and a Bills win over them Sunday would be a pretty big statement in my opinion. If we lose this game, I don't think much changes. If we win, everything changes. We would then have to really take the Fitz discussion on here seriously when it comes to the immediate future at qb.

northernbillfan
11-24-2010, 02:11 PM
If the Bills beat the Steelers, it won't be because of Fitzy. It will be due to major adjustments on D.

Extremebillsfan247
11-24-2010, 02:15 PM
If the Bills beat the Steelers, it won't be because of Fitzy. It will be due to major adjustments on D.Nice way to avoid the question.

Joe Fo Sho
We won't have to read any more of Taylor's annoying Luck/Locker/newest QB fad posts...

Dujek
Unless the Bills trade for Kolb Fitz already has to be taken seriously as a starting option for next year, because he'll be starting ahead of any rookie that's drafted.

SquishDaFish
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
First off if the Bills win its the BILLS who win not the QB. Same if they lose.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
If Fitz throws for another 300 yards with a decent td/int ratio, we need to start thinking about defense/o-line with our first pick.

northernbillfan
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Nice way to avoid the question.Fitzy stands pretty high with me. He's one hell of a gamer and I have great respect for what he's doing for the Bills.

trapezeus
11-24-2010, 02:18 PM
i think it's pretty much cemented now that fitz is your starter opening day barring any injury before then.

the bills don't need to rush a new guy into action.
with fitz as qb, the bills have scored more than 21 points, 4 out of 8 games, and only had one truly miserable game against the jets. i think it doesn't matter what happens against the Steelers. Fitz just needs to stay consistent.

Extremebillsfan247
11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Fitzy stands pretty high with me. He's one hell of a gamer and I have great respect for what he's doing for the Bills. Yeah, this is more of a question about how far Fitz would have to go to earn the respect of the fanbase here in general. With Pittsburgh being as good as they are, it would be pretty hard to avoid looking at him as more than just another backup. JMO

RockStar36
11-24-2010, 02:31 PM
If the Bills beat the Steelers and Fitz is a huge part of it, I'll seriously consider asking him to marry me.

Ed
11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Some people around here have already made up their minds about what Fitz is and what he's capable of. Nothing he does against the Steelers is going to change that. Fans don't like to feel wrong about their opinions, so they'll find some way to convince themselves that his performance wasn't legit.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM
We won't have to read any more of Taylor's annoying Luck/Locker/newest QB fad posts...
I wouldn't count on that. LOL. Also, I've never touted Locker.:comedy:

T-Long
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM
If he finds a way to help beat the Steelers, that would be simply amazing. This is my SuperBowl

RockStar36
11-24-2010, 02:37 PM
If he finds a way to help beat the Steelers, that would be simply amazing. This is my SuperBowl

It's not often that we 100% agree on something, but this is it. This is the game for me. It's the one I circled the day the schedule was released.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
It's not often that we 100% agree on something, but this is it. This is the game for me. It's the one I circled the day the schedule was released.
Do you really think we can beat the Steelers? A tall order.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't count on that. LOL. Also, I've never touted Locker.:comedy:

No, I said "Taylor's" threads....

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
No, I said "Taylor's" threads....
Sigh. I sure wish they'd change my username back to Dr. Zaius. I hate being linked unfairly to the banned Taylor.:surf:

RockStar36
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Do you really think we can beat the Steelers? A tall order.

Realistically, no I don't.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Realistically, no I don't.
I think we'll keep it close, at least for a while. They just have more talent. Plus it's at home.:1:

PromoTheRobot
11-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Where will he stand with you? Pittsburgh is a really good football team and a Bills win over them Sunday would be a pretty big statement in my opinion. If we lose this game, I don't think much changes. If we win, everything changes. We would then have to really take the Fitz discussion on here seriously when it comes to the immediate future at qb.

Opi will come up with some reason to dismiss it.

PTR

Commissioner
11-24-2010, 02:56 PM
If the Bills beat the Steelers, then some people will say, "Well the Steelers aren't a very good team then, so we can't judge...."

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Sigh. I sure wish they'd change my username back to Dr. Zaius. I hate being linked unfairly to the banned Taylor.:surf:

Doesn't help when you answer to Taylor, though.

Jan Reimers
11-24-2010, 03:38 PM
It will be one more step in our developmental path. It won't mean Fitz is our long term solution at QB, but another good game will indicate that he's at least a capable starter, and take a little more pressure off our having to reach for a QB in the draft.

It won't change our need to draft a ton of help on defense, either.

X-Era
11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
If Fitz manages to move the ball around, makes few mistakes, and get several TD's in a win against Pitt, my percentage on the "He Is All We Need O'Meter" will go from 20% to 50%.

I can't do any better job of giving measurables to how I would feel... that's as good as it gets.

If you want to know whether Fitz is the long term answer just read "HIAW-NO"...

X-Era
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
It will be one more step in our developmental path. It won't mean Fitz is our long term solution at QB, but another good game will indicate that he's at least a capable starter, and take a little more pressure off our having to reach for a QB in the draft.

It won't change our need to draft a ton of help on defense, either.I really like this take Jan. It's not, no we don't need a QB or shouldn't draft one. It's lets not reach for one. If a QB makes the most sense at our pick we should take one. If not, draft another position... easy, and time tested way to draft.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Doesn't help when you answer to Taylor, though.
Why? The powers that be have added to my name. I hate it.:wtf:

Mr. Pink
11-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Why? The powers that be have added to my name. I hate it.:wtf:

So make up a new user name you ***********************

mayotm
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I really like this take Jan. It's not, no we don't need a QB or shouldn't draft one. It's lets not reach for one. If a QB makes the most sense at our pick we should take one. If not, draft another position... easy, and time tested way to draft.Jan's post is completely logical as usual. I think it represents how most of us feel. Unfortunately, there is a small vocal percentage that feel the Bills have to take a QB with their first pick regardless of whose available. That is absolutely no way to get things turned in the right direction. Ideally, Fitz continues to progress and the Bills have their QB of the future. I don't understand why some feel he can't get better with another year under Gailey. He's playing significantly better than last year. Is it unreasonable to think he can still improve? He's only 28. They next six weeks should tell us a lot.

Beebe's Kid
11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Unless the Bills trade for Kolb Fitz already has to be taken seriously as a starting option for next year, because he'll be starting ahead of any rookie that's drafted.
Kolb is a West Coast Offense QB...who has been concussed. I'll take Fitzy.

X-Era
11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Jan's post is completely logical as usual. I think it represents how most of us feel. Unfortunately, there is a small vocal percentage that feel the Bills have to take a QB with their first pick regardless of whose available. That is absolutely no way to get things turned in the right direction. Ideally, Fitz continues to progress and the Bills have their QB of the future. I don't understand why some feel he can't get better with another year under Gailey. He's playing significantly better than last year. Is it unreasonable to think he can still improve? He's only 28. They next six weeks should tell us a lot.I think I have been clear that I don't want to reach. Yes, I'd like to have Luck. But if he doesn't declare or he is already gone, I'm happy in addressing other positions if there is no QB worthy of our spot.