PDA

View Full Version : I thought all WNYers were Bills fans

northernbillfan
11-24-2010, 02:10 PM
WTF?

I was watching the Rochester news (Yes we get that channel all the way up here in Edmonton) last night and they did a teaser to the Johnson "Serious" story. The teaser said, "Is writing on a shirt fine worthy?" They did not show the shirt, but by yesterday it was all over the media, and the weather announcer asked the main anchor, "What was on the shirt?" The anchor replied, "I don't know. I guess we'll find out next."

Idiots.

trapezeus
11-24-2010, 02:20 PM
sounds like a way to get you to come watch the show after commercial break. i doubt he didn't really know what was on the shirt.

but those rochester folk try to pretend their more NYC than buffalo. they get all giant/jet on you in certain parts of rochester.

seanbillsfan
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
I live in Catt county and it's like 50/50 bills fans to other teams. A lot of pos steeler fans

SABuffalo786
11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Rochester is a mixed bag.

You'd be surprised at the amount of plastic Dolfags that live/were raised in Buffalo.

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I became a Bills fan from my time in Rochester. Some people there are seriously anti-Bills.

I guess I can understand the mentality. I live 20 mins from Green Bay and yes there are a ton of Packer fans but then I also know people who are big time anti-Packers, just because they're so sick of hearing about the Packers all the time, especially if you're originally from elsewhere.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2010, 05:41 PM
I live 45 min from Detroit, and I am anything but a Lions fan. Thank God.

YardRat
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Lots of Browns fans in WNY also, especially amongst the old-timers.

Thief
11-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I personally think that if you live in, and were raised in, WNY and you are a fan of a different team over the Bills, then you are an idiot.

I don't know why you would root for someone else's team, especially in this region, unless your IQ is less than 70.

But a lot of my good friends are ******ed.

seanbillsfan
11-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I personally think that if you live in, and were raised in, WNY and you are a fan of a different team over the Bills, then you are an idiot.

I don't know why you would root for someone else's team, especially in this region, unless your IQ is less than 70.

Totally agree. Some of my best friends are dolphins, cowboys, and 49er fans. F**k heads

more cowbell
11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Grew up in Rochester, Grew up a Bills fan.

Only the uneducated football fans aren't Bills fans. There are a lot of them sadly....that claim they like the Cowboys, Steelers, or Eagles or some other team and can name 4 players on the team.

Rochester is filled with "Jersey Shore" wanna be's, and people who think they are upper class when in reality it is the exact same city as Buffalo, located 60 miles from Buffalo.

If you are from Rochester, I'm sure you agree with me, but there are some people who get offended (who wear the blinders) ...either way I was born and raised there and it doesn't even come close to comparing to Buffalo in terms of the people, culture, and pretty much every thing else.

imbondz
11-24-2010, 10:53 PM
I grew up near Rochester. Most everyone I know are Bills fans. From my experience, even the non-Bills fans respect the Bills fans. And when the Bills were good, everyone in Upstate NY was a Bills fan.

justasportsfan
11-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Rochester is filled with "Jersey Shore" wanna be's, and people who think they are upper class when in reality it is the exact same city as Buffalo, located 60 miles from Buffalo.

If you are from Rochester, I'm sure you agree with me, but there are some people who get offended (who wear the blinders) ...either way I was born and raised there and it doesn't even come close to comparing to Buffalo in terms of the people, culture, and pretty much every thing else.

there's a reason why Rochester is called little chicago. Lots of guidos living here.

northernbillfan
11-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the clarity on this issue.

YardRat
11-25-2010, 09:14 AM

As I stated earlier, there are people in WNY that , yes, believe it or not, were Browns fans before Buffalo had an AFL football team, and raised their kids to be Browns fans in the '60's and '70's because it was their team.

If Rochester hypothetically were awarded an NFL team, and many current die-hard Bills fans from the area kept their fan card for Buffalo, would they automatically become ******s?

chernobylwraiths
11-25-2010, 10:26 AM
When the team stinks for this long, a lot of people jump off the bandwagon.

Thief
11-25-2010, 08:36 PM
As I stated earlier, there are people in WNY that , yes, believe it or not, were Browns fans before Buffalo had an AFL football team, and raised their kids to be Browns fans in the '60's and '70's because it was their team.

If Rochester hypothetically were awarded an NFL team, and many current die-hard Bills fans from the area kept their fan card for Buffalo, would they automatically become ******s?Oh WTF, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

If much of your local ecconomy is based on a football team, how would it be logical to root against it? How would it be logical to be a 20-40 year old Dallas fan who was raised in, and still lives in Buffalo?

I'll give you the old Browns fans (because "fandom" isn't always "logical"), but the Rochester example is kind of rediculous. No offense.

BillyT92679
11-26-2010, 03:31 PM
I grew up between Syracuse and Utica
Pretty much 50/50 Bills and Giants fans, which is logical. Kind of inbetween both Buffalo and NYC... you'd get your stray Jet or Cowboy or Dolphin or Pat fans, but they were the exceptions to the rule.

I moved to Rochester for college. 60% Bills fans, but TONS of fans of other teams, especially the Fish. Real anti-Buffalo mentality exists with some residents of the Rochester area.

Cleve
11-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Lots of Browns fans in WNY also, especially amongst the old-timers.

Yep - my buddy who lives in Farmington HATES the Bills - he's a Browns fan.

jlruss90
11-26-2010, 06:45 PM
ive been in the roc my whole life....havent really noticed any huge anti buffalo segmants though. I love the Bills and Buffalo, and i know ALOT of people who do too...most of the older people are bills fan but the young ones were raised bills but jump off because weve been horrible.