PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young apologized to Fisher

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Vince Young (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3602) seems to be having second thoughts about his decision to walk out on Jeff Fisher. And now Young is in damage control mode.
ESPN reported today that a source close to Young told Adam Schefter that Young had texted Fisher and apologized on Tuesday. The apology came two days after Young reportedly spewed obscenities at Fisher and stormed out of the Titans’ locker room.

According to the report, Young’s text message thanked Fisher for the opportunity to play for the Titans, wished the team good luck for the rest of the season, asked for Fisher to have faith and confidence in him moving forward, and told Fisher that he and Young both want to win a Super Bowl. (Young presumably had to send more than one text message to get all that groveling across.)

The apology is a sign that Young knows he has screwed up his relationship with his coach, and passing word of the apology on to Schefter is a sign that Young knows he has screwed up his public image as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/24/vince-young-texts-jeff-fisher-an-apology/

First of all, Vince Young hasn't done enough to earn a nickname based on his initials, so it makes me puke when people (Jamie Dukes) spew all kinds of love for "VY".

Secondly, Vince Young is done in Tennessee. He sucks, and is an immature self-righteous bum (hello Pacman Jones). No I would NOT want him in Buffalo either and no he's not an upgrade to anyone we have.

RockStar36
11-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Apologizing through text. Nice to see Vince is still 16 years old.

Yeah, he's done in Tennessee and I'd hate for him to be anywhere near my team. No way.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Vince Young needs to be on medication. He has to be bi-polar.

YardRat
11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Dude goes from bust to bang to bust quicker than any player I can think of at the moment.

Thief
11-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Dude goes from bust to bang to bust quicker than any player I can think of at the moment.Mike Vick did the opposite pretty fast, does that count?

YardRat
11-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Mike Vick did the opposite pretty fast, does that count?

No, because Vick had a pretty extended vacation during his bust period. Young has made the ups and downs within basically a little over one season's number of games.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
what a pussy. he wasn't man enough to apologize in person. he acted like a child when he swore and stormed out and still couldn't man up to apologize. apologize in a text? unbelievable.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Vince Young is a joke of a quarterback, and an even bigger joke of a person.

sdbillsfan2
11-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Apologizing through text. Nice to see Vince is still 16 years old.

Yeah, he's done in Tennessee and I'd hate for him to be anywhere near my team. No way.

I agree !!!!! Everyone knows it's tacky to text an apology...
I heard the coaching staff is partial to chocolates and flowers!:clown:

imbondz
11-24-2010, 11:03 PM
The funny thing is that Jeff Fisher came out and said something like, 'yeah, I'm not much of a text guy. usually a man apologizes face to face.'

ouch.

justasportsfan
11-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Young:" YO. OMG Jeff. I'm sry but W/E. U shld be chillaxin.Lol. G2G but brb. MOS .BF4L. VY"

Cntrygal
11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
My first thought was "Really? He apologized by TEXT? It's not like he was running late for lunch." Idiot.

The funny thing is that Jeff Fisher came out and said something like, 'yeah, I'm not much of a text guy. usually a man apologizes face to face.'

ouch.

:rofl:

Beebe's Kid
11-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Fast forward two years... Vince has a big game for Seattle, or whoever he signs with, and there are 350 threads per week about how Nix screwed the pooch and didn't pick him up... It somehow translates to fire Modrak, and crucify Marv.

It is funny with all of the nut licking that Vick gets to see the reaction to Young.

Young clearly has a mental illness. Those can be fixed through medication and counseling... Vick killed and tortured 1000's of dogs, over several years. I guess you could say that could be repaired through intense rehabitation...which is the last thing you can expect in our prison system.

I could give a **** less about Fisher or the Titans, so I will view Young as the extremely talented athlete he is, and sympathize for the torture that mental illness can cause a human being. I'll forgive him for hurting his multi-millionaire coach's feelings, who was so compassionate to call him out in public.

Best of luck to you "VY." **** Jamie Dukes. "Git'r done" Buddy.

better days
11-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Fast forward two years... Vince has a big game for Seattle, or whoever he signs with, and there are 350 threads per week about how Nix screwed the pooch and didn't pick him up... It somehow translates to fire Modrak, and crucify Marv.

It is funny with all of the nut licking that Vick gets to see the reaction to Young.

Young clearly has a mental illness. Those can be fixed through medication and counseling... Vick killed and tortured 1000's of dogs, over several years. I guess you could say that could be repaired through intense rehabitation...which is the last thing you can expect in our prison system.

I could give a **** less about Fisher or the Titans, so I will view Young as the extremely talented athlete he is, and sympathize for the torture that mental illness can cause a human being. I'll forgive him for hurting his multi-millionaire coach's feelings, who was so compassionate to call him out in public.

Best of luck to you "VY." **** Jamie Dukes. "Git'r done" Buddy.

I agree that Young is a very talented QB, but sadly not everybody can "fixed". The OL player for the Raiders Barett Robins, missed the most important game of his life, the Super Bowl, is an example of that.

imbondz
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Young:" YO. OMG Jeff. I'm sry but W/E. U shld be chillaxin.Lol. G2G but brb. MOS .BF4L. VY"

LOL!!!

ZacGriffi~82
11-25-2010, 11:48 AM
He's going to take Fisher down with him.

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-25-2010, 08:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/24/vince-young-texts-jeff-fisher-an-apology/

First of all, Vince Young hasn't done enough to earn a nickname based on his initials, so it makes me puke when people (Jamie Dukes) spew all kinds of love for "VY".

Secondly, Vince Young is done in Tennessee. He sucks, and is an immature self-righteous bum (hello Pacman Jones). No I would NOT want him in Buffalo either and no he's not an upgrade to anyone we have.
Vince Young is such a drama queen and he is sporadic when it comes to playing well.