PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's View: Bills beat the Bungles

shelby
11-25-2010, 09:50 AM
The always entertaining trapezeus breaks down the win. Enjoy!

Oh man, a win that really felt exciting. It was a win where you actually jumped up and made a sound other than a sigh of relief. This was a long time coming. And it didn’t look so promising at first. In fact after the first half, I was ready for a classic “One Fan’s View” that talked about how we shouldn’t be subjected to a 2 point win to the Lions and a blow out loss to a struggling Bengals team. I was armed and ready.

But the strange thing was that Kellys Bar, the lower east side Bills bar, didn’t really lose any energy. Now some of it may have been due to the fact a bunch of guys were playing Quickdraw. After the Bills went down 28-7, they quickly went to tracking their numbers. I won’t try to recreate how funny they were, but they needed a 2 for big money. They didn’t hit the 2, but they kept the mood light. In fact it was surprisingly light for a game where we let the first three Bengal drives turn into TD’s, the name Brian Brohm and the words “he should be in” were buzzing, and a couple WTF’s were dropped at Ed-Ho’s direction.

During halftime, a random Bills fan walked in said, “what are we rooting for? For them to lose or them to win?” I said to him, “well if we lose out, Luck won’t declare. If we win, maybe he’ll declare, the first team will pass on him, and we’ll get him. I say win, but I’m ok with a loss at this point.” He said back, “gaming the system. I like it.”

Then the second half started. Gailey has been doing this for about 5 weeks now, but he came out with adjustments and the Bills drove pretty matter of factly to a TD drive. And then there, in a matter of three plays, the Bills went from being down 31-14 with no hope of winning to being down by 3.
It was there where the jumping, the hooting, the hollering, and my high five to a random occurred. I know when I interact with random people at a bar, the Bills are doing something right. I haven’t done that in years. The game mattered on a whole other level at this point. It was worth being mildly social. It was worth not second guessing my every move with new people. When the Bills win in exciting fashion, I’m a really enjoyable guy to know. For the last 10 years, no one has befriended me. FACT!

Anyways, I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy and content with a 2-8 team before. I’ve never loved a 2-8 Quarterback as much as I like Fitz. I’ve never been happier with a defense that gives up 300+ yards weekly.

read more.. (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/11/25/one_fans_view_week_11_bills_blow_out_the_bengals.php)

Cntrygal
11-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Trap - Other than inviting/compelling Mark to join you for the game - GREAT article!

:biggrin:

Buddo
11-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Nice one.
Watching the game, for me, one of the most satisfying aspects was that the longer it went on, the more sets of two fingers were proverbially raised, to just about everyone, the Bungles, the Zebras, the NFL, Batman and Robin, and even quite a lot of doubting Bills fans.
While I think I can live without going behind 21 points on a regular basis, coming back from such a deficit to win, is surely entertaining.
Oh, and btw, here's hoping your m8 pulls a hamstring or something, and can't make the game. ;)