PDA

View Full Version : I'm Thankful for :

sdbillsfan2
11-25-2010, 10:34 AM
On this Thanksgiving day I'm thankful because :

A-The Bills are actually on a mini win streak

B- Slowly but surely I Billieve were on the right track

C- family

D- I have a place to go when I need my Bills info fix.

Thanks to all my fellow zoners for another great years worth of reading.

:gobills:

TacklingDummy
11-25-2010, 10:36 AM
A: I'm thankful for the Bills not being in the position to draft Luck.

B: It's all about the defense.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Got to love some of these comments these people make in their mocks.

4. Buffalo Bills: Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama
Poor Bills. They've won one too many games, and are now out of position to draft Andrew Luck. Meanwhile, Chan Gailey is convinced that Ryan Fitzpatrick is good enough to start at quarterback in 2011. It seems like it'll be another playoff-less decade for Buffalo.

With Luck off the board and Ryan Mallett a poor fit for Gailey's offense, the Bills could opt to address the huge void on their defensive line. Marcell Dareus, who can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4, which will intrigue the Bills, who can't seem to decide on a defensive scheme.

4. Buffalo Bills- 3-4 DE Marcell Dareus (Alabama)

Poor Bills. They’re out of Luck. Literally. I could see them drafting Ryan Mallett, but they’re not going to reach for Jake Locker here at 4. They’ll probably just try to bulk up their defense and go at it again next year with Fitzpatrick, who hasn’t been terrible this year, and an improved defense. Dareus might be the overall top defensive player in this entire class. He fits both their 3-4 and 4-3 scheme as they run mixes of both.

2. Bills - D'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - If Luck is gone, I doubt they reach for a QB here. While Fitzpatrick may not be their franchise guy, he's looked solid enough at times to pencil him in as the start for next season. Meanwhile, the Bills' run defense is the worst in the league. Bowers is not known for his run-stopping prowess, but he's s remarkable DE that has the ability to bulk up to play in a 3-4 scheme.

2. Patrick Peterson CB from LSU

We all know that the Bills need a franchise QB, but Mallett & Locker just aren't #2 overall values. Look for Buffalo to target Kevin Kolb in a trade this offseason. His mobility and superb accuracy in the short passing game would fit perfectly in Chan Gailey's scheme. With Luck off the board, the Bills will take the best player available, just like the Lions did at #2 in last year's draft with Suh. Peterson has once-in-a-generation potential at CB, and could bolster the awful Buffalo D by shutting down 1/2 the field. GM Buddy Nix will consider A.J. Green here, but shutdown CB value trumps that of a WR.

2 (34) DeMarcus Love OT/OG Arkansas Could start immediately at RT, and has the athleticism to play LT should Buffalo decide to abort the Demetrius Bell project.

3 (66) Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple This unheralded 6-5/310 disruptor is flying under the radar while dominating the MAC. Could replace Marcus Stroud as a 3-4 LDE or 4-3 RDT.

2 A.J. Green JP Analysis WR from Georgia

With just Lee Evans to work with, it's no wonder that Ryan Fitzpatrick can't achieve his maximum potential. Giving him (or any other Bills QB) a slam-dunk top notch wide reciever would give them less excuses for poor games. The Bills have had a history of picking WRs in the first round before, so they shouldn't hesitate with this pick.

X-Era
11-25-2010, 11:03 AM
1) Most of all, I'm thankful for the BillsZone board

2) I'm thankful for quality discussion on this board

3) I'm thankful for quality posters on this board

4) I'm thankful that the Bills are finally on the right track

YardRat
11-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm thankful for the health and happiness of my family and friends, and wish the same for all Zoners.

YardRat
11-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Got to love some of these comments these people make in their mocks.

2 A.J. Green JP Analysis WR from Georgia

With just Lee Evans to work with, it's no wonder that Ryan Fitzpatrick can't achieve his maximum potential. Giving him (or any other Bills QB) a slam-dunk top notch wide reciever would give them less excuses for poor games. The Bills have had a history of picking WRs in the first round before, so they shouldn't hesitate with this pick.

Not that I'm criticizing the pick of Green, but whoever wrote this one might want to get his head out of '09's ass and watch some game film from this season.

wmoz11
11-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Thankful for:

1) Growing up in a part of PA where Bills games were always on. I could have been a Stillers fan... yuck.

2) Finding this board. In 5 years of membership at the BBMB I have only about 100 more posts there. Just an awful place. I truly thought all Bills fans were ******s.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

HAMMER
11-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Thankful for my wife, family, health , and job. Thankful that I will have the privilege to be at RWS on Sunday rooting for the Buffalo Bills from the Paul McGuire Club with in- seat beverage service.

Beebe's Kid
11-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I am thankful for my family and friends. Of course I am thankful for the Zone.

I started at 2 Bills Drive, and there are some good posters there, but I, like WMoz, thought all Bills fans were ******s. We have some "special" posters here, but the bad ones get booted and we keep the ones with character.

I enjoy coming here and reading everyday. I look forward to coming here while we go on another SB run!!!

Thanks, Zoners!

Oldbillsfan
11-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Here I am thankful for Buffalo Bills Football!