X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Donald Jones showing Buffalo Bills he's worth their while

I read this article earlier today and really enjoyed it and wanted to share with you peeps in case you didn't see it. It's from the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle about rookie WR Donald Jones.

ORCHARD PARK — As the senior season for Donald Jones III went along, NFL scouts made frequent visits to the Youngstown State campus to watch practices and games.

The scouts knew the 6-foot, 214-pound wide receiver had talent. They just needed to determine where he fit on the 2010 draft board.

As it turns out, the 30 teams decided he ranked somewhere at No. 256 or later. Not good when there are only 255 selections made.

Talk about a letdown for Jones. When he overcame the disappointment of not being selected, he then needed to deal with the worry of, What now?

It's one thing to wonder what the future holds when you're just out of college. It's quite another when, in four months, you're going to become a father.

"I definitely thought I'd get drafted," he said, "and when I didn't, it was tough. That thought did go through my head, 'What if this doesn't work? What do I do next?'
    Rest of article- http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...RTS03/11260334
    Impossible is Nothing.

• Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Donald Jones showing Buffalo Bills he's worth their while

I love the story. Like many here, I was caught off gaurd when they chose to keep him over Chad Jackson and James Hardy... Especially after more than a few drops in the preseason.

But his success has caused me to have even more confidence in Gailey and Nix and Co. I think the Bills are finally in competent hands.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

I like Jones he is a nice player...
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

"Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
        X