• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Peter King Predicts Two Teams that might Pick Cam Newton

On the NBC post-game show Peter King just predicted two teams who will have top 10 picks and who might have an interest in, "their QB of the future", Cam Newton.

San Francisco and Buffalo.

Thoughts?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: Peter King Predicts Two Teams that might Pick Cam Newton

Puke.. I''ll jump off a bridge if the Bills take Newton with a Top 10 pick

Comment

• IAG
      • Jan 2005

Keep with Fitz. Find a D-Lineman to match with Kyle Williams

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Peter King is often wrong. Unless the Bills trade back in the first round, I could really take or leave any first round QB that isn't Andrew Luck. I think that there are big enough question marks on Mallett, Locker, and Newton that risking a top 5 or 10 pick on any of them would be a huge gamble.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

i would rather the bills sign fitz for 7 years than have them pick fig newton in the draft.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I doubt I've ever seen a guy throw that good on the rollout. Blitzing him is suicide.

He knows he can't take off on design runs in the NFL but he has all the athleticism in the world and can drill the numbers off his receivers. And he still has an upside. I like him far better than Mallet or Locker.

I'll gamble on that today & tomorrow.. Then D Front 7 the next 2-3 Picks.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Newton hasn't shown he can go through progressions, appears to have character concerns, and is a one year wonder... pass.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                • Jan 2010

in the first round?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

no! i will take front 7 the whole draft

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                    • Sep 2010

Character issues? The guy has a smile on his face 24/7! I would love to have him.
                    Originally posted by OpIv37
                    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller
                      Character issues? The guy has a smile on his face 24/7! I would love to have him.
                      Charles Manson used to smile a lot too. Just kidding, I had to.

What I want to see is the NCAA clear his name. NFL teams may want to do there own investigation on him as well.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                        Charles Manson used to smile a lot too. Just kidding, I had to.

What I want to see is the NCAA clear his name. NFL teams may want to do there own investigation on him as well.
                        King said he will be very well investigated and might end up the most investigated college player of all time.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          King said he will be very well investigated and might end up the most investigated college player of all time.
                          I hope for his sake, he comes out clean.

I've never been a big fan of QB's who either throw to the primary target or run. I feel the best QB's are able to pick apart defenses.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 11-27-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

King is an *******. That being said...

I really hope the Bills don't blow a top 5 pick on a late first/early second round pick, but Newton certainly is having the type of season that vaults guys up the draft board. I'm not a fan of hybrid RB/TE/WR/QB's that tuck and run if their first check is covered...would rather have a pocket passer that has a little bit of experience going through progressions.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                              Newton hasn't shown he can go through progressions, appears to have character concerns, and is a one year wonder... pass.
                              You just said why the Bills will not draft him. Buddu Nix does not like one year wonders.

Comment

Working...
                              X