PDA

View Full Version : steve johnson sucks

DrGraves
11-28-2010, 03:46 PM
i dont care what his stats are. he has no hands. mckelvin ****ing sucks too.

SABuffalo786
11-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Nah, he doesn't.

BillsNick
11-28-2010, 03:49 PM
He sucked today.

Jaybird
Relax.... he does not suck, just didn't make the plays today. He needs to keep his head in the game at all times. If anything, this experience will teach him a something. His rise to being a household name is imminent. However, without the mental focus he won;t be able to stay there.

Lesson #1

Slim

Overreaction.

I guess we should have cut Eric Moulds after 97', cause he sucked. Or Jimbo in 84' beacuse he didn't want to play for the Bills, he sucked.

Get a life.

Buffalo Thriller
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Go to hell, he doesn't suck

Ginger Vitis
11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
He doesn't suck but I will never forget that drop in the endzone in OT

TrEd FTW
11-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Back away from the computer when you're angry. It's better than looking like a knee-jerk-reacting moron.

mrbojanglezs
11-28-2010, 03:54 PM
http://welldonefillet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/overreaction1.jpg

tampabay25690
11-28-2010, 03:55 PM

He had a bad game no doubt...
But to say he sucks..WELLLLLLLL:wtf:

tomz
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
He doesn't suck but he lost this game for us. OR rather, failed to win it when it was in his hands. No need to give up on him or anything.

This does remind me of the classic Josh Reed drop.

BADTHINGSMAN
Stevie had the game in his hands and dropped it. I still like Stevie and he will learn from it. Im sure the great Jerry Rice had some bad games. As did Moulds, Reed, Owens, Moss, etc etc etc. Im sure Stevie feels worst then most the fans about that catch. To go from such a high from the Bengals game to a low like today has to be gut wrenching for the guy.

ServoBillieves
Bad game. Everyone has a bad game. But.. man that was crushing.

Joe Fo Sho
11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah, being a Bills fan definitely comes with a side of Bipolar disorder.

X-Era
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Stevie had the game in his hands and dropped it. I still like Stevie and he will learn from it. Im sure the great Jerry Rice had some bad games. As did Moulds, Reed, Owens, Moss, etc etc etc. Im sure Stevie feels worst then most the fans about that catch. To go from such a high from the Bengals game to a low like today has to be gut wrenching for the guy.It was a huge negative play. But this team left a lot of plays on the field today. They get a mortal victory for this because its a meaningless season and they are playing like a well coached team. I like where we are headed but we need a few key cog's on the D among other things.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, being a Bills fan definitely comes with a side of Bipolar disorder.

:rofl:

Scumbag College
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm hoping this game brings Stevie down to earth. I like his game and he was on fire for the last month or so before today. I'm thinking he probably started reading his own press a little too much and his head started to swell.

If he has another game like today though than there is a big problem with him. I think it's going to be a big next couple of weeks for him. If he can return to form, great. If he puts his head in the sand and doesn't stay aggressive or continues the drops, then WR may be another big offseason need for the Bills.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2010, 04:08 PM

I'm not sure how to say how much I disagree with this other than :wtf:

X-Era
11-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm hoping this game brings Stevie down to earth. I like his game and he was on fire for the last month or so before today. I'm thinking he probably started reading his own press a little too much and his head started to swell.

If he has another game like today though than there is a big problem with him. I think it's going to be a big next couple of weeks for him. If he can return to form, great. If he puts his head in the sand and doesn't stay aggressive or continues the drops, then WR may be another big offseason need for the Bills.Totally agree... this type of huge negative play can be the inspiration to build a star. I think he will use it and get even better.

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Chill

Cleve
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, it was a bad drop by Johnson. However no one seems to be blaming McKelvin for losing 17 yards on the punt - add those 17 yards to our final field position in that last Bills drive and the Bills are WELL within Lindell's field goal range. Or how about Fitzpatrick throwing too high and causing an interception when the Bills were in the Red Zone? It would have been a chip-shot field goal otherwise - add that in and the Bills don't even need to go to overtime - they win in regulation.

So will either of these three guys get their lawns decorated like last year? LOL.

X-Era
11-28-2010, 04:20 PM
12 of 19... that was Pitt's 3rd down efficiency. 12 of 19.

Mendenhall had 151 yards and a TD

426 total yards given up

Crisis
11-28-2010, 04:21 PM
12 of 19... that was Pitt's 3rd down efficiency. 12 of 19.

Mendenhall had 151 yards and a TD

16 points

thats how much pitt scored in regulation

steve johnson had this game won on a pass 5th graders could've caught.

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh yea, SJ does not suck dude. Drop passes can happen to any WR under pressure.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah, it was a bad drop by Johnson. However no one seems to be blaming McKelvin for losing 17 yards on the punt - add those 17 yards to our final field position in that last Bills drive and the Bills are WELL within Lindell's field goal range. Or how about Fitzpatrick throwing too high and causing an interception when the Bills were in the Red Zone? It would have been a chip-shot field goal otherwise - add that in and the Bills don't even need to go to overtime - they win in regulation.

So will either of these three guys get their lawns decorated like last year? LOL.

I gave McKelvin game goat in the GDT thread. That was major F up on his part not protecting the ball better.

Captain gameboy
11-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Stevie Johnson, while being our latest attraction, has serious problems as a performer in his profession.
Serious problems.

In other professions, such repeated failures would cause really serious reactions.

Grow up, perform, or get out.

Tiburon1724
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I hate McKelvin. He's lucky he didn't blow another game with another fumble.

Philagape
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
The losers who want the Bills to lose should be thanking him.

He's young, this will be a growing experience, it didn't cost the Bills a playoff game or anything. I forgive him.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I hate McKelvin. He's lucky he didn't blow another game with another fumble.

Florence saved him on that fumble. Little more patience on the return before that one, and he may have taken it to the house.

X-Era
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
16 points

thats how much pitt scored in regulation

steve johnson had this game won on a pass 5th graders could've caught.You go with that.

Crisis
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
what was pitt's 3rd down conversion % in the 2nd half and OT?

X-Era
11-28-2010, 04:54 PM
what was pitt's 3rd down conversion % in the 2nd half and OT?No clue, but enough to get into FG position and kick to win.

151 and a TD, that's what Mendenhall got on us... but that's not a factor either.

And the pathetic 1st half wasn't a part either.

Crisis
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
the defense didn't play well but at the end of the day they held a superbowl contender to 16 points in regulation and not only set up the offense with great field position off a turnover (which the offense failed to score a TD on), but they got the ball back after the INT off stevie's hands, and they forced pitt to punt on their own 1 yard line in OT?

defense was far from perfect but they played well enough to win

Philagape
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I want to make clear that while I forgive SJ, his day was inexcusable, and he is by far the No. 1 reason for the loss. Catching the ball is what receivers do, and he failed massively.

zone
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Stevie J. had a heartbreaking drop today, but it doesn't take away from the hard work he has put in this year. 1 game does not make a player. Freddy has had some crappy games with fumbles, drops, etc. It happens to the best of them. Payton Manning threw a game ending int against the cheatriots last week, doesn't mean he sucks.

zone
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I want to make clear that while I forgive SJ, his day was inexcusable, and he is by far the No. 1 reason for the loss. Catching the ball is what receivers do, and he failed massively.
Yea and our number 1 had a costly fumble and a couple of drops to boot. Luckily he made up for it with a fumble recovery. While it sucks he dropped key passes today, he also had some key receptions to keep drives alive.

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2010, 05:28 PM
i dont care what his stats are. he has no hands. mckelvin ****ing sucks too.lol He dropped a pass in the end zone, big deal. It happens. Be thankful that this team even made it a game worthy of regret by a 3 point loss in overtime. It shouldn't have even been this close. Winning takes a team effort especially on one with little talent. It isn't prevalent on whether Stevie Johnson catches every single ball that's thrown his way. Some fans just need to lighten up. We weren't 4-4 battling for a playoff spot. This was a 2-8 team playing for nothing but pride. Let's not forget that.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Stevie Johnson, while being our latest attraction, has serious problems as a performer in his profession.
Serious problems.

In other professions, such repeated failures would cause really serious reactions.

Grow up, perform, or get out.

Why so serious?

YardRat
11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I was so pissed at SJ and McKelvin (for blowing the kick return by running over Moats) I headed right out of the house to hit town and cool off. Listened to SJ's presser on the way, and he knows how badly he ****ed up. I feel bad for the guy, and the team mates he let down.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM

don't be gay

G Wolly
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
This thread is stupid.

No receiver has ever caught 100% of passes thrown to him. It happens. He's young, he'll learn.

Funny how quickly people forget his big couple of weeks and throw away praise when he drops one pass.

Michael82
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
This thread is stupid.

No receiver has ever caught 100% of passes thrown to him. It happens. He's young, he'll learn.

Funny how quickly people forget his big couple of weeks and throw away praise when he drops one pass.
Ummm, it wasn't like it was just one drop. He dropped about 6 passes during the whole game, including that one huge one that cost us the game.

unpaid_bills
11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Let's see how he bounces back. Will he work hard, continue to make plays and want the ball? At least he is getting the ball thrown to him to drop, where has Lee Evans been? 9M+ year. Steve had a bad game, but when you are getting 10-15 looks a game against the BEST and hardest hitting defense in the NFL. He was defintely trying to prove he belongs, maybe trying too hard, nerves whatever. He should have caught the ball, he wanted to win like everyone else, Cut the guy a break he has made HUGE plays all season, basically came out of nowhere to be a rising star in the NFL. The Bills TEAM simply lacks play makers especially down in crunch time. Like Chan said these are the games they have to learn how to win.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Ummm, it wasn't like it was just one drop. He dropped about 6 passes during the whole game, including that one huge one that cost us the game.

He dropped 5 passes but two of them were low passes to the ground where he got tattoed in the back. I consider those more of a break up, to say Johnson sucks after one bad game is idiotic.

User Manuel
11-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Pathhhhetttiiiccccccc Post.....:db:

Try being original next time.

Spiderweb
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
He doesn't suck but I will never forget that drop in the endzone in OT

Nor will I, and I'll also remember his tip on a ball that hit both hands near the goal line that ended up a pick. I'll also remember his 3 other drops as well. In short, he was horrible yesterday, utterly horrible.

But.....he doesn't suck. He's given us some of the best WR play the past 4-5 weeks that we have seen in a long time. Much of that goes to Fitz who goes to Johnson, and goes to him often so he has the opportunities. Yesterday, Johnson blew them multiple times.

I just hope he can shake it quickly and get back to the guy Fitz obviously likes to throw to.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2010, 03:39 PM
If Steve Johnson wasn't as flamboyant and a showman he wouldn't have gotten as much criticism by many for the drop. As well as the week long media tour after the breakout game against Cincy.

If Donald Jones drops that ball there isn't 10 threads about it.

That's all there is to it really.

Mad Max
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Stevie's horrid performance came with perfect timing, as it came during a meaningless game in a lost season.

He'll remember it, learn from it, and probably never have another as bad as it. And most importantly he'll be mentally ready for when our games are going to count in future seasons.

imbondz
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
If he goes the way of TO and/or Ochodorko cocky and arrogant, he won't be successful. If he learns from this, he could be great, he has tons of potential.

JD
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I can't wait to fork this thread in a few weeks/years