PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a moral victory?

imbondz
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
or do they just add to a huge list of games where the Bills ultimately choke, like Madbomber said, 'The Almost Bills', and that is the foundation of this organization.

Going into the game I thought we could win this. As it played out, there's absolutely no good reason we lost this game.

a friend of mine said it's a moral victory to take the Steelers into OT. Is there such a thing at this level? How many moral victories do you need before you turn a corner?

If you ask me, multiple games like this are de-moralizing.

Thurmal
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Moral victories exist when you're #16 seed East Buttnut St. playing #1 Duke in the NCAA tournament and only lose by five.

When you blow a game in the NFL against a better team that you should've beaten, it's called a "heartbreaking loss."

X-Era
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
or do they just add to a huge list of games where the Bills ultimately choke, like Madbomber said, 'The Almost Bills', and that is the foundation of this organization.

Going into the game I thought we could win this. As it played out, there's absolutely no good reason we lost this game.

a friend of mine said it's a moral victory to take the Steelers into OT. Is there such a thing at this level? How many moral victories do you need before you turn a corner?

If you ask me, multiple games like this are de-moralizing.Yes, to me this is a moral victory. New HC, new schemes on O and D, and playing into OT against a team that had you pinned... yes, this is a moral victory.

But, it doesn't replace real victories and that's the next hurdle. We need a big win against the Pats or Jets to turn the next corner.

SabreEleven
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
if the Bills weren't 8-2 or 7-3, then it would have been a heartbreaking loss. I think this is a moral victory

imbondz
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
how was that not a heartbreaking loss?

Crisis
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
it was a moral victory until stevie dropped that pass.

that play just deflates everything they accomplished.

SABuffalo786
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Best of both worlds: We should've won but still stay in contention for a top 5 pick.

I still like this team.

X-Era
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
how was that not a heartbreaking loss?Absolutely was.

Crisis
11-28-2010, 04:31 PM
i could've dealt with lindell missing a long FG in OT with the wind in his face....but to drop a perfect pass that hits you in the numbers like that is just wow....and something that only happens to us

Cleve
11-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Plenty of bad teams lose games by close margins year after year. While the Bills are better than their 2-9 record suggests, they are far from being a good team.

TigerJ
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Moral victory? No, it always sucks to lose. Are there positives to take from this game. Absolutely! The Bills were not physically beat up by the Steelers. That has happened to Bills teams in the past, and that is generally the way the Steelers try to operate. The Bills still gave up a lot of yardage on the ground, but for stretches at least they played pretty well. Holding Pittsburgh to 16 points in regulation is not an easy task. Of the teams remaining on Buffalo's schedule, only New England might be a tougher team to face than Pittsburgh. The Bills are going to win some of them. I feel pretty confident that should there be a season in 2011, Buffalo will be much better, and should have a winning season.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2010, 05:06 PM
There is no such thing as a moral victory when it comes to professional sports.

Like the Steelers, every player on the Bills is also paid to do their job.

You don't do your job correctly and competently, you lose.

You start piling up games like today, and players start thinking what's going to go wrong next?

SabreEleven
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Absolutely was.

Heartbreaking losses are losses that knock you out of the playoffs or playoffs losses themselves, not losses that is the difference between 2-9 or 3-8.

YardRat
11-28-2010, 05:12 PM
We're past the moral victory stage...we need to start winning, and players need to make the plays that win the game, not mistakes that end up being shoulda/coulda/woulda.