PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans was absolutely terrible today

dasaybz
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I was at the game today and man was he brutal. I commented to my buddy who I was at the game with how many times he was on single coverage and couldn't beat his guy. On top of that he has an awful fumble and a brutal drop and he could have had his worst game as a pro. I'm generally not on the whole get rid of Evans bandwagon, but man he's definitely lost a step, and his hands just aren't very good.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree. Overrated.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2010, 06:37 PM
he definitely hasn't played worth a **** since he got that huge contract.

zone
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
He did have a big fumble recovery though...

Mr. Pink
11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
It's about time someone notices that Lee Evans isn't constantly doubled and just doesn't get open on most routes.

G Wolly
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Evans is decent. He's not a highlight receiver because he doesn't have the big play ability.

He makes catches, but for that long ball in OT, you gotta lay out and try to catch that ball.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
1 catch, 9 yards

k-oneputt
11-28-2010, 06:50 PM
9 mil. for any wr is just plain stupid, but that's the Bills for ya.

Crisis
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Evans is decent. He's not a highlight receiver because he doesn't have the big play ability.

He makes catches, but for that long ball in OT, you gotta lay out and try to catch that ball.

what are you talking about? the only thing evans does well are the highlight plays...other than that he's completely invisible

wmoz11
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm a big Evans fan, but he was abysmal today. It was embarrassing, actually.

G Wolly
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
The only "highlight" I can recall is the TD catch against SD when he held it against his helmet.

Sure, he catches long passes, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Crisis
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
last i checked 40+ yard TDs were all highlight plays in the NFL

the only thing evans can do is run in a straight line and have someone heave it up there for him to run under

Mr. Pink
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
last i checked 40+ yard TDs were all highlight plays in the NFL

the only thing evans can do is run in a straight line and have someone heave it up there for him to run under

He does well at hovering around the LOS too.

mrbojanglezs
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
he's afraid to take a hit so he only runs along the sidelines

jimmacie
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
It comes down to who is the most overrated player on the Bills - Lee Evans or Poz. MY vote goes to Poz who couldn't cover his grandmother on a pass route and is constantly out of position. That being said, Evans is not worth what he is being paid and doesn't have much more time left with the Bills in my opinion. I hope they are both gone SOON.

Oldbillsfan
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
The Bills were the ones who made him a #1 receiver. Maybe he never was.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
i'm a huge lee evans fan but he sucks now. i wish he didn't. out with the old, in with the new.

edit: if i was gailey i would have to think about not starting lee. nelson and johnson seem to put forth much more effort. even donalds jones does too.

justasportsfan
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
easily his worse game.

McBFLO
11-28-2010, 08:36 PM
He did have a big fumble recovery though...
He was lucky... in the right place at the right time.

better days
11-29-2010, 08:24 AM
He was lucky... in the right place at the right time.

True, he was lucky to be in the right place at the right time, but he was not alone. There were Steelers there as well. Evans made a good effort to get that fumble.

tampabay25690
11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
When his contract is up I can see Donald Jones going into that role.
Just needs to learn the game a bit more but has the speed and hands...
I like this kid Jones.....

justasportsfan
11-29-2010, 02:55 PM
When his contract is up I can see Donald Jones going into that role.
Just needs to learn the game a bit more but has the speed and hands...
I like this kid Jones.....

Easley.

tampabay25690
11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Easley.

He hasnt even played yet but yea throw him in the fold....

TacklingDummy
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Like Maybin, Evans is a waste of money.

jamze132
11-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Lee Evans career isn't over, dude had a bad game. He'll bounce back.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Let's not get rid of Lee quite yet. He gives us a veteran presence amidst a group of young/unproven guys. Stevie is looking good in his first productive year, despite the drops Sunday; Jones and Nelson have shown only potential; Roscoe was ressurrecting his career, but is oft injured; Easley hasn't seen the field yet; and Roosevelt is just up from the PS.

I think Lee is still a productive receiver, and one we still need until we are sure that our kids are going to develop.

TacklingDummy
11-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Lee hasn't done much since JP tossed him bombs in 06. One could say Lee hasn't done much in 6 out of 7 years.

k-oneputt
11-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Dime a dozen. Can always find wr's and rb's.

S.Johnson 7th rd.
D. Nelson -free agent
D. Jones -free agent.

Lee Evans- way overpaid

It's about the qb.

trapezeus
11-30-2010, 08:45 AM
interestingly enough, to give fitz credit, as poor as evans and johnson were on sunday, we were still in this game until the end. Do you think JP or Edwards would have been able to deal with that kind of brutal play? they probably wouldn't have even tossed half those balls.

Evans was terrible and he's been invisible for a while now. it was convenient for him to blame edwards when edwards wasn't throwing to anyone but the RBs. but now that there is aQB who is throwing to everyone, and most are getting the ball, you'd think that people would open their eyes on evans.

I don't know if i'm for bailing on evans just as of yet. god knows we get a sophmore curse of everyone next year. but they should dangle him and see what he's worth. i still thought at the time, we should have been offering him to minnesota. They were hot on needing a wideout to change their fortunes. Evans would have been safer than moss. And now they are as bad as us. We could have had a high round pick.

justasportsfan
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
. Do you think JP or Edwards would have been able to deal with that kind of brutal play? they probably wouldn't have even tossed half those balls.

JP yes, Edwards no.

ChristopherWalken
11-30-2010, 11:06 AM
It seems more and more his role has been reduced to safety decoy. Gailey's offense typically likes to spread the ball and Fitz targets the receivers hitting holes in the outside zones. The deeper passes have typically been thrown to the reciever loaded in the slot.

I think Evans has top notch ability but hasn't been utilized all that much in this offensive scheme. I'm alright with it, until Fitz reads the one-on-one on the outside stretch and then it becomes painfully obvious that the timing between Evans and Fitz is quite cold.

I'm not worried though. As defenses better prepare for this offense, Evans will find himself more and more alone and in open territory. I'm willing to bet his numbers increase down this last stretch of the schedule.

Cleve
11-30-2010, 11:33 AM
The good news is... we actually have a quarterback now, in "Fitzmagic" who provides us the opportunity to truly evaluate our receivers' performance.

It's interesting - Cincy's pass defense is ranked at 15 vs 22 for the Steelers, yet as a whole our receivers performed more poorly against the Steelers. Part of the problem may have been too much reliance on the pass vs the run which allowed Pittsburgh to focus more on pass defense. Bills only had ~70 yds of rushing on Sunday.

Figster
11-30-2010, 12:08 PM
It seems more and more his role has been reduced to safety decoy. Gailey's offense typically likes to spread the ball and Fitz targets the receivers hitting holes in the outside zones. The deeper passes have typically been thrown to the reciever loaded in the slot.

I think Evans has top notch ability but hasn't been utilized all that much in this offensive scheme. I'm alright with it, until Fitz reads the one-on-one on the outside stretch and then it becomes painfully obvious that the timing between Evans and Fitz is quite cold.

I'm not worried though. As defenses better prepare for this offense, Evans will find himself more and more alone and in open territory. I'm willing to bet his numbers increase down this last stretch of the schedule.

Great post ,

Myself personally, hitting smaller windows of opportunity with velocity and accuracy is not a strong point of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Being the smart fella that he is, Fitz is content to use Evans as a decoy most of the time as long as the Stevie Johnson's, the David Nelson's etc. continue to produce, which they have.

Utilizing the TE position more in the passing game could really help the Offense in my opinion.

Lee Evans sets the tone from a professionalism standpoint for what you want to see on and off the field from your football team.

Stevie Johnson needs to look no further then Lee Evans to use as an example for how you want to conduct yourself in the National Football League...

dasaybz
12-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I think Evans has top notch ability but hasn't been utilized all that much in this offensive scheme.
I don't know if he's being under-utilized or not. The fact of the matter is that he was 1 on 1 countless times on Sunday and he couldn't beat the CB. That is not acceptable.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't know if he's being under-utilized or not. The fact of the matter is that he was 1 on 1 countless times on Sunday and he couldn't beat the CB. That is not acceptable.

It's not just this past Sunday where that happens. People turn blinders on to that fact even though it happens on a normal basis. So that's why I first applauded you for posting this thread.

Oh yeah, this just in, Pittsburgh doesn't have a shutdown type corner either.

dasaybz
12-01-2010, 12:16 PM
It's not just this past Sunday where that happens. People turn blinders on to that fact even though it happens on a normal basis. So that's why I first applauded you for posting this thread.

Oh yeah, this just in, Pittsburgh doesn't have a shutdown type corner either.
I was talking with my buddy last night about him and he made an excellent point. When is the last time you saw Lee go over the middle? This guy just doesn't do it. Lee has the speed to take a slant to the house, yet for some strange reason, it just doesn't happen.

Figster
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I was talking with my buddy last night about him and he made an excellent point. When is the last time you saw Lee go over the middle? This guy just doesn't do it. Lee has the speed to take a slant to the house, yet for some strange reason, it just doesn't happen.

Working Evans across the middle makes sense in an effort to get him more touches. Andre Reed made a good living working the middle of the football field.

Better TE production in the passing game would help matters in my opinion and I hope we see more of Shawn Nelson and Jonathan Stupar as pass catching threats as the season winds down.

Stupar is a fearless athlete with good hands and we should utilize him more in the passing game.

Oaf
12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
If the offense wasn't producing, I would give credence to the argument, but it is, as well as we could be expecting. Since we're able to move the ball, I don't think Evans is an issue whether he's indirectly or directly involved..

TacklingDummy
12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
TO, Rice, Moss, Welker, Harrison, Wayne, Reed, Johnson, etc...were all #1 type receivers and they still consistently received the ball. What's Evans problem?

Mr. Pink
12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
TO, Rice, Moss, Welker, Harrison, Wayne, Reed, Johnson, etc...were all #1 type receivers and they still consistently received the ball. What's Evans problem?

Excuses.

The Jokeman
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
It's about time someone notices that Lee Evans isn't constantly doubled and just doesn't get open on most routes.
Fitz notices, that's why he doesn't throw to him.