PDA

View Full Version : Steve blames god for the drop

X-Era
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2010/11/stevejohnsontweet.jpg

http://twitter.com/steviejohnson13

Steve, I will back you but don't do childish **** like this. Shut up and take your lumps like a man. This is not how to be a professional. I hope this kid isn't a head case.

I hope he can learn from this and grow up a bit because this is stupid. Go out and play and let your play do the talking. If you win, say little, if you lose, say less.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Have to blame someone!

Nighthawk
11-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Yikes...very stupid.

G Wolly
11-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Have to blame someone!

And since he's a black guy, there's very few choices for him to place blame.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
What a clown lol

Still love the kid, but he's a clown

nolimit
11-28-2010, 07:05 PM
You guys need to STFU. He took his lumps like a man in front of the press at the podium.

Ebenezer
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away"

Mad Max
11-28-2010, 07:12 PM
lol.

That was seriously one of the dumbest things I've ever read coming from an athlete...and this is in a world where HeHateMe and Lebron James live.

Next he'll be telling us that he's taking his talents to south beach.

X-Era
11-28-2010, 07:12 PM

Instead of "Why so serious?" I was going with "Why hast thou forsaken me?"

T-Long
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I think he is just immature and still learning how to handle situations like this. He went from the penthouse to the outhouse in 1 week. The kid is in his early 20's...give him a break for now. If he continues this kind of stuff, then yeah, then it's time to pile on.

Scumbag College
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
He needs to cut it with the twitter bull****. Stevie needs to get his head out of his ass and concentrate. I'm sure this kind of nonsense had some hand in is baloney performance today.

Don't Panic
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Wow. I guess we forget he's a dumb kid who has a lot to learn. If I had a dime for every time I said "why God?" The only difference is I don't have a Twitter account. Much ado about nothing in this thread.

Ebenezer
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow. I guess we forget he's a dumb kid who has a lot to learn. If I had a dime for every time I said "why God?" The only difference is I don't have a Twitter account. Much ado about nothing in this thread.
couldn't have said it better...everybody blames God now and then when things get tough.

JD
GUYS..

He is NOT talking about God.

HE IS TALKING ABOUT US, THE FANS. He has praised us non-stop on twitter. Obviousssllllyyyy, his twitter was BOMBARDED with boatloads of hate and negative comments.

That was simply his response to us. Funny how people jump to conclusions though when they see the word "Praise" :rofl:

Mad Bomber
Yeah right...God, from His heavenly throne, reached down with his finger and nudged the ball out of his hand. Blame God? I could blame God for DECADES of Bills failures...but you know what?

God doesn't care about football. He doesn't hate Buffalo, and He cares about much larger things than touchdown passes or wide right field goals.

Bills fans, on the other hand.....

Don't Panic
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
GUYS..

HE IS TALKING ABOUT US, THE FANS. He has praised us non-stop on twitter. Obviousssllllyyyy, his twitter was BOMBARDED with boatloads of hate and negative comments.

That was simply his response to us. Funny how people jump to conclusions though when they see the word "Praise" :rofl:

If that's the case then its even more of a non-issue. Either way, I'm not seeing the reason many are finding to bash Stevie on this one.

B-DON
11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Sounds more like him asking god why it happened then him blaming god. Way to twist it around x.

nolimit
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Give the kid a break...if any of you haven't seen or heard his presser...I suggest you do. Unless your a heartless *****, you might actually feel for the kid.

X-Era
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Sounds more like him asking god why it happened then him blaming god. Way to twist it around x.I see what your saying now... I didn't read it that way at first. Still probably best to just deal with it in private. He's young.

Ebenezer
11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
GUYS..

and he did say thanks in the end...

YardRat
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
I hope God gives him 3 TD's and zero drops next week against Minnesota.

Beebe's Kid
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
http://gesvol.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/jump-to-conclusions.jpg

http://czechfolks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/egg-face-flickr.jpg

Ingtar33
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
lol.

That was seriously one of the dumbest things I've ever read coming from an athlete...and this is in a world where HeHateMe and Lebron James live.

Next he'll be telling us that he's taking his talents to south beach.

no... i think Iverson's "Practice" rant was about the dumbest thing i ever heard... Right up there with the "what should i do?" James commercial (talk about taking bad advice... nike doesn't like its brand tarnished so they talked him into one of the dumbest spots i've ever seen)

finity
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Well God does kind of hate the bills (that's a joke) and they need to put Steve-J on suicide watch

JD
11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
..or lawn watch

Electrici
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I think the whole twitter fad is dumb so I don't really look into these things, however the message is ambiguous. It depends on the person as to how to interpret it. So the people going nutty about it, why? If its about god, who cares? about the fans, who cares? about anything else, who cares?

If a dropped football is the most adverse situation the young man has been in, in his life, then he's going to be OK.

It's not like he missed the game winning field goal in the super bowl.

Figster
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
..or lawn watch

lol, thanks I needed a good laugh

NOT THE DUDE...
11-29-2010, 04:50 AM
ironically if steve said i worship you 24/7 thor! people would think hes nuts..

ZEUS
11-29-2010, 05:14 AM
I blame it on those gay throwback uniforms. They never win when they wear those things.

jamze132
11-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Yeah right...God, from His heavenly throne, reached down with his finger and nudged the ball out of his hand. Blame God? I could blame God for DECADES of Bills failures...but you know what?

God doesn't care about football. He doesn't hate Buffalo, and He cares about much larger things than touchdown passes or wide right field goals.Bills fans, on the other hand.....

Bigger things like children in Africa being murdered and raped, right?

DraftBoy
11-29-2010, 07:38 AM
I dont like his reaction, but kudos to Ryan Clark of the Steelers for his response to Stevie.

Young kid, lots to learn, nothing to worry about right now.

ddaryl
11-29-2010, 07:38 AM
LMFAO... funny how when things go right everyone praises god, but that's OK in some of your eyes..

God had nothing to do with the winning FG attempt either.

Once again we see how seriously ******ed Twitter is. Instead of just venting completely common and very human frustration they tweet for all to see. And the sheeple that most people are jump all over it.

Who cares what Steve tweeted, I don't... he's frustrated and he'll have to learn to deal with it. It's all about how you rebound from such experiences that counts.

T-Long
11-29-2010, 08:11 AM
but kudos to Ryan Clark of the Steelers for his response to Stevie.
What did Clark say?

Philagape
11-29-2010, 08:18 AM
I blame it on those gay throwback uniforms. They never win when they wear those things.

It is true that the MNF collapses against Dallas and the Pats were both in throwbacks ......

madness
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Sometimes the media and fans are clueless. This is one of those moments.

JD is right. It was a joke.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I don't know, atheletes are always thanking this god for good things, why can't someone say this god screwed them when they do bad.

Patti120
11-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Out here in RI the radio made a funny comment about this and basically said that if God had anything to do with football games then Ben Rothlesberger's (spelling?) Penis would have rotted right off of him by now.

DraftBoy
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
What did Clark say?

@StevieJohnson13 Don't lose faith brother. God has a plan for all of us. Right now it may be hard to see but there's a blessing in this

justasportsfan
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Right now it may be hard to see but there's a blessing in this

a few million dollars down the road.

Ebenezer
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't know, atheletes are always thanking this god for good things, why can't someone say this god screwed them when they do bad.

...as I said before, "the Lord giveth....."

stuckincincy
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
@StevieJohnson13 Don't lose faith brother. God has a plan for all of us. Right now it may be hard to see but there's a blessing in this

He has my forgiveness, for sure.

He's a young man, and faces things what with the downward spirial of society, that I never did...

ddaryl
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM

yep.. Pretty much the way I see it.

I gag every time I hear an athlete drag god into sports.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2010/11/stevejohnsontweet.jpg

http://twitter.com/steviejohnson13

Steve, I will back you but don't do childish **** like this. Shut up and take your lumps like a man. This is not how to be a professional. I hope this kid isn't a head case.

I hope he can learn from this and grow up a bit because this is stupid. Go out and play and let your play do the talking. If you win, say little, if you lose, say less.

and you were sticking up for him. hah

Discotrish
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM

18Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

~ Proverbs 16:18

Seems like he needed to change the message on his T-shirt, to one from a different movie, ""Vanity is definitely my favorite sin." (Devil's Advocate 1997)

You really don't mind this happening during this kind of season, anyway. He just needs to mature and stop showboating.

Patti

Miami_Vice
11-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Wow pro athletes are dumber than rocks.

And this idiot is making more money than most doctors & scientists.

cocamide
11-29-2010, 01:42 PM
The time he spent praying would have been better spent catching balls from a juggs machine.

bflojohn
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
In another vane, I think he rebounds nicely and his career blossoms because this is a situation he took extremely hard! I want that in a young player, he really wants to make a difference for this team and I back him 100% now and in the future. I truly believe he is a playmaker, and a Pro Bowl or two are in his future also!!

JD
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
He's almost a household name now at least :up:

JD
11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
BTW, anyone see what Roy Williams had to say about Johnson?

It was something to the effect of.. "Now that's some true talent, not many receivers are able to drop passes like that LOL" it has since been removed from his twitter feed.

Dujek
11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/4206/god-responds-to-steviejohnson13-via-twitter

God replied to Stevie...

Night Train
11-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I just tweeted God I need more insulation in the attic.

JCBills
11-29-2010, 04:15 PM

It was something to the effect of.. "Now that's some true talent, not many receivers are able to drop passes like that LOL" it has since been removed from his twitter feed.

Williams had a terrible case of the dropsies a season or two back, he should shut his yap.

imbondz
11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
ha. he just followed up:

http://twitter.com/#!/StevieJohnson13

Philagape
11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I swear, I cannot read Twitter without getting a headache. It should be offered as a foreign language course.

stuckincincy
11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
I swear, I cannot read Twitter without getting a headache. It should be offered as a foreign language course.

:laughing:

Michael82
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Here's his reply on Facebook.....

Steve Johnson (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Johnson/109757684513)
FB fam...please dont take my twitter comment out of context. I know as well as anyone the gifts & opportunities God has provided me & my family. I am humbled by the lessons he has taught me these past two days & will continue to praise God, be strong in my faith, & thank him for all that he has & will continue to provide me & my family.

X-Era
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
and you were sticking up for him. hahYes, And I still will. But, this tweet was immature and he needs to not be doing this again. If you want to be a star, act with professionalism.

X-Era
11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

It was something to the effect of.. "Now that's some true talent, not many receivers are able to drop passes like that LOL" it has since been removed from his twitter feed.Just bitter from the smack down, the Bills, and Steve issued him.

THRILLHO
11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Meh, he is obviously frustrated. Why do we care that he blames it on God? The twitter account is his, where he can post what he wants. He disrespected no one.

He will get over it.

RockStar36
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Yes, And I still will. But, this tweet was immature and he needs to not be doing this again. If you want to be a star, act with professionalism.

Anything related to god and sports is ridiculous. That being said, this is no more ridiculous or worse than people that thank god after a game or victory. And for the record, he wasn't blaming him. To think so and actually say it like that is a total douche move.

Extremebillsfan247
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Wow, I haven't seen this much hate thrown at one player since Lynch was accused of lifting 20 dollars. lol Some fans just need serious psychiatric care. This wasn't that big of an issue.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
twitter is so ****ing gay

X-Era
11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
twitter is so ****ing gayNow we agree.