No Bills fan should feel good about today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

No Bills fan should feel good about today.....

None of us that are Bills fans should feel good about this game. None of us.

Moral victories, almosts, closes, atta boys, etc. are worthless. They mean nothing in this league. The only thing that matters is the final score - and the Bills cam out on the wrong end of the score. They lost.

Pittsburgh should not feel guilty about the win - they scored more points and won the game. At the end they made the plays. Good teams make plays to win games like that. Whether it was Johnson's drop in the end zone, Evans drop at the ten, McKelvin's ability to be tackled by his own teammate, McKelvin's punt return fumble, Johnson's drop that led to the int, Rothlesberger recovering his fumble after the Kelsay sack, Ben's 20 yard run or any other number of plays at the end of the day the Steelers made enough plays to win and the Bills did not.

Yes, the defense was great in the 2nd half. Yes, they showed moxie in OT and took chances. Yes, Kyle Williams was a beast for 3/4ths of the game.

None of that matters. The Bills lost.

Until that culture changes and this team can beat a good team in a close game, nothing will change.

And none of us should be happy about any of it. I am sick of people acting like something good comes out of losing.

And yes, it is OK to bash Johnson. I think his reaction was what it should be - he accepted responsibility. But he had at 5 drops today (and that is not counting when Polamalu drilled him and he dropped the ball) and that is inexcusable for an NFL receiver, regardless of what he has done in previous games.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: No Bills fan should feel good about today.....

I feel fine that Pittsburgh fans left mighty quietly; almost with their tails between their legs. They escaped with one and knew to keep it shut. They were mighty loud going in but were mute going out...fine with me.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

Yeah, the hell with feeling like we got a "moral victory."

You could say that about 20 games we've blown against good teams the past six or seven years.

They aren't "growing as a team;" they are STILL ****ing LOSERS!
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

Pittsburgh didn't win this game, we lost it. We had plenty of opportunities to win that game decisively and until the 2nd half, we weren't really being outplayed by them.

You can't get 5 sacks on a QB, let alone Roethlisberger, and not seal the deal.

I just don't understand how we go from scoring almost 50 points to struggling to get 16.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by G Wolly

I just don't understand how we go from scoring almost 50 points to struggling to get 16.
          because one week you play the bengals and the next you play the best defense in the league
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Understand what your saying Doc, but on a 2 and 9 team? I'll take it. I understand you want the wins, but if your going to claim your rebuilding, I want us to play like this in games like this. It shows character. Winning teams don't give up. They can't become a winning team until they win, but if I had to lose, I will take it this way.

Comment

• G Wolly
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Crisis
              because one week you play the bengals and the next you play the best defense in the league
              We also let the Lions almost comeback to force OT after we hung tight with Chicago.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                Understand what your saying Doc, but on a 2 and 9 team? I'll take it. I understand you want the wins, but if your going to claim your rebuilding, I want us to play like this in games like this. It shows character. Winning teams don't give up. They can't become a winning team until they win, but if I had to lose, I will take it this way.

I don't care about character. I care about winning character. Winning character is only built by winning

And a loss is a loss. A win is a win. They did not have to lose. The games was there for the taking.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                  I don't care about character. I care about winning character. Winning character is only built by winning

And a loss is a loss. A win is a win. They did not have to lose. The games was there for the taking.
                  It was, I understand. I simply see this, as bad as it is, as a path to becoming a really good team. Good teams play like the Bills have the past few weeks. Winning teams win. We are still losers but I am hopeful for what we may be building to. Maybe we get there, maybe we don't.
                  Last edited by X-Era; 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly
                    We also let the Lions almost comeback to force OT after we hung tight with Chicago.
                    I don't believe our offense played against the Detroit O. You are comparing two different things.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

This is about as much of a "moral victory" as the Dallas MNF debacle, or the opener vs the Pats last year...

The only moral victories I'll take are ones where we actually beat our opponents.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
                        It was, I understand. I simply see this, as bad as it is, as a path to becoming a really good team. Good teams play like the Bills have the past few weeks. Winning teams win. We are still losers but I am hopeful for what we may be building to. Maybe we get there, maybe we don't.

This is the same football we saw the past few years.

We played Indy tight a few years ago, we should have beat Dallas on MNF, had a chance to beat Cleveland in a blizzard and then on MNF the next year, should have beat the Pats last year.

It's the same thing year in, year out. It's a team that lacks a killer instinct. Is it coaching? talent? combination of the two? Dunno.

But for some reason this team lacks the ability to close out tight games and that hasn't changed in at least the past 5 years.

So the only way you change this culture is to actually start winning these games, not just hang around.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          This is the same football we saw the past few years.

We played Indy tight a few years ago, we should have beat Dallas on MNF, had a chance to beat Cleveland in a blizzard and then on MNF the next year, should have beat the Pats last year.

It's the same thing year in, year out. It's a team that lacks a killer instinct. Is it coaching? talent? combination of the two? Dunno.

But for some reason this team lacks the ability to close out tight games and that hasn't changed in at least the past 5 years.

So the only way you change this culture is to actually start winning these games, not just hang around.
                          I feel like it's different. But your right, win and prove it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

This 2-9 team is better than any team under DJ...anybody disagree?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              This 2-9 team is better than any team under DJ...anybody disagree?
                              This is the best 2-9 team I've ever seen. That's not saying much, but I believe it's true. Look back in the history of crappy NFL teams. How many have lost 3 games in OT? How many have lost 5 games by 5 points or less?

Usually the 2 win teams at this point in the season are getting the **** kicked out of them on a weekly basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X