X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Maybin Sighting

Maybin was in the game yesterday, as many of you know, and he actually looked a little better than normal.

Now, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was desperately waiting for his first NFL sack, but I was able to keep an eye on him, and he seemed to make a few different moves, and was actually able to apply some pressure.

I hate that Edwards is hurt, as he is not old, as many seem to be under the misconception. He, meaning Edwards, is young enough to be a productive part of this defense for years to come, but his injury will allow us to see more of Carrington and Maybin.

I know this has been brought up, but why is Maybin always a three point stance?? His speed would seem so much more effective if he was standing and attacking from the outside. I may be wrong, and learn a lot about the technical side of defense from fellow Zoners, so input would be appreciated.

• Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Maybin Sighting

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
    Maybin was in the game yesterday, as many of you know, and he actually looked a little better than normal.

Now, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was desperately waiting for his first NFL sack, but I was able to keep an eye on him, and he seemed to make a few different moves, and was actually able to apply some pressure.

I hate that Edwards is hurt, as he is not old, as many seem to be under the misconception. He, meaning Edwards, is young enough to be a productive part of this defense for years to come, but his injury will allow us to see more of Carrington and Maybin.

I know this has been brought up, but why is Maybin always a three point stance?? His speed would seem so much more effective if he was standing and attacking from the outside. I may be wrong, and learn a lot about the technical side of defense from fellow Zoners, so input would be appreciated.
    The only reason I can think of for him still playing in a three point stance is that is what he did in college. And giving Maybin as much familiarity as possible might be their thinking. It is challenging enough for him without asking him to execute new techniques so keeping it simple is probably the idea there.

Comment

• tomz
      • Feb 2007

It was interesting to me that Carrington had his first sack as a pro before Maybin! Almost had another too.

Comment

• DBrown77
        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
        • Mar 2005

The injury to Edwards will give Carrington some experience which will be great. I want to see what he does.

How will the injury to Edwards help Maybin get more snaps though? In the 3-4 Maybin is an OLB and Edwards is a DE. Did Edwards play end in the 4-3 or Tackle? Do we use Maybin in a 4-3?

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DBrown77
          The injury to Edwards will give Carrington some experience which will be great. I want to see what he does.

How will the injury to Edwards help Maybin get more snaps though? In the 3-4 Maybin is an OLB and Edwards is a DE. Did Edwards play end in the 4-3 or Tackle? Do we use Maybin in a 4-3?
          Opens up a gameday spot. Maybe we carry more LBs and less DEs now. Depends on Spencer Johnson coming back also.

The decision could be between Maybin and McCargo for next week.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Actually Maybin in in a four pt. stance.
            Why he hasn't learned to play standing up coming off the edge is beyond me.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
              • Jan 2010

I could understand the 3 pt over a 4 pt because in my personal experience firing out from a 3pt gave me.the best jump off the line. I don't understand why he is in the 4pt, and I certainly can't understand why he hasn't learned or isn't being used standing up for an outside rush.

Comment

Working...
              X