PDA

View Full Version : A reason for the optimism

trapezeus
11-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Jauron teams would play well early, and fall apart at the end. We classically would be in a game for the first half and then try to just hold on. even in some of those that we held on for the win wasn't fun. it was exhausting.

the current Gailey bills put it together after halftime and make the other team worry. They are dictating the tempo. They are getting stronger as it goes on.

Yeah, they lost yesterday, but if you ask yourself, which set of fans were the ones expecting the win after the 3rd quarter? which ones were breathing the deadly jauron sigh of relief that they barely made it out of a city against a losing football team?

That to me, is the biggest difference between this year and years past.

justasportsfan
11-29-2010, 11:07 AM
If Dick was the coach, the game is over in the first half.

RockStar36
11-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I've also noticed and commented to a Steeler fan yesterday that 13 points wasn't safe at halftime, that the Bills are a second half team this season.

Figster
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Jauron teams would play well early, and fall apart at the end. We classically would be in a game for the first half and then try to just hold on. even in some of those that we held on for the win wasn't fun. it was exhausting.

the current Gailey bills put it together after halftime and make the other team worry. They are dictating the tempo. They are getting stronger as it goes on.

Yeah, they lost yesterday, but if you ask yourself, which set of fans were the ones expecting the win after the 3rd quarter? which ones were breathing the deadly jauron sigh of relief that they barely made it out of a city against a losing football team?

That to me, is the biggest difference between this year and years past.

The Buffalo Bills have been standing toe to toe and slugging it out with some real good football teams as of late.

Around the league the Bills are gaining respect. Pittsburgh didn't come into Buffalo looking past us because they knew fully well what we did to the Ravens. The Steelers were ready for a knock down drag out fight and thats exactly what they got! MERCY!!!

trapezeus
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
personally, i think that players were less likely to come to buffalo because jauron was so terrible. you knew that you'd lose or find a way to lose. That's why FA were so hard to come by.

If the bills finish this year they way they've been playing. and the FO is willing to spend some money (CBA/lockout issues aside) you might get players who would be like, "they were good for not having much defensive talent. They slapped us around when we played them. imagine if they had the right personnel."

aside from just getting better draft picks, the positives is that the brand name of bills football is getting better around NFL circles. they just have to keep building on it.

ddaryl
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
One thing I love about the new coaching staff is the fact we defer the kick off when we win the toss.

Levy and the gang use to do the same thing, and I so much prefer to receive in the 2nd half opposed to the opening kickoff.

as for players, this is a team getting stronger ending the season, and doing so with a relatively young roster and plenty of changes to start the year.

Beebe's Kid
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Trap, you ought to like this...

I was listening to Thruman's show on WGR today, and get this ****... A ****ing Dolphins fan calls and says that he is converting, along with a hand full of his buddies.

They are converting because we are so fun to watch. The team plays a hard game and they play the right way.

Bulldog says "Geesh...Dolphin fans are converting? I am not sure that's a good thing." There is a pregnant pause, and Thurman says "Yeah, I'm not sure either."

That is good stuff, this guy calls to lay praise on us, and tell us he is converting, from the Dolphins of all teams, and Bulldog and Thurm don't want him... That's old school Bills fan!!!!

A guy I work with grew up outside of Pittsburgh, and grew up watching the Steelers glory days. He was a life long Steeler fan... Since I started, and he has been talking to me about the Bills, he is converting. Yesterday he was following on the computer, and he said he couldn't take it, he raced home to watch the end of the game because he...wait for it..."wanted to see them beat the Steelers."

He made some comments about Ben smirking on the sidelines, and how much he would have liked to see us wipe that smile off of his face...

I want wins...and I am showing my trademark lack of patience by wanting them now. I do like that we are far from a laughing stock. Steeler fans are whiny, they gloat, they always piss and moan all game...they were scared yesterday.

There is reason to believe good things lie ahead... I'll get a lot more excited with some wins, but I do billieve they are coming.

Beebe's Kid
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM
personally, i think that players were less likely to come to buffalo because jauron was so terrible. you knew that you'd lose or find a way to lose. That's why FA were so hard to come by.

If the bills finish this year they way they've been playing. and the FO is willing to spend some money (CBA/lockout issues aside) you might get players who would be like, "they were good for not having much defensive talent. They slapped us around when we played them. imagine if they had the right personnel."

aside from just getting better draft picks, the positives is that the brand name of bills football is getting better around NFL circles. they just have to keep building on it.

Thurman addressed this on his show, as well.

He said that, what is happening around the NFL right now is that players are looking at this team. He said that they are noticing the attitude and the fight, and thinking to themselves, that we are young, and a few pieces away. He said that there are players thinking they might be that piece. That is awesome, isn't it?

trapezeus
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
moreso than the draft, just being able to be in the running to get peices in free agency that we can't find in the draft is a huge step in the right direction.

another thing about chan, is that his offensive plays are always run for a reason. he'll run a formation a handful of times, to lull a team into opening another spot of the field up.

jauron's offense was so idiotically repetitive. the fact that you see the steve johnson play explained as, "we ran the same formation 3 times in a row so we could take that chance" means a lot to me. it gives me confidence that he knows what he's doing.