• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Fitz

I want this guy as our starter next year, after him taking that hit by Harrison he sucked it up and kept playing, Edwards would of been dead.
    BILLIEVE
  • dog14787
    • Oct 2010

Re: Fitz

Originally posted by Stevie Styles 13
    I want this guy as our starter next year, after him taking that hit by Harrison he sucked it up and kept playing, Edwards would of been dead.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the toughest, most fearless starting QB's in the NFL and it wouldn't surprise me a bit If he shook of a concussion and kept playing.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

His toughness is a bonus. I like him because he is a playmaker.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

He's a tough guy and a good leader, but still nothing more than a very good backup, IMO. We still need to draft a quarterback of the future next year.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Michael82
          He's a tough guy and a good leader, but still nothing more than a very good backup, IMO. We still need to draft a quarterback of the future next year.
          Yep...think Derek Anderson, Jon Kitna, etc...

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Yep...think Derek Anderson, Jon Kitna, etc...
            Exactly! I think of Derek Anderson the most when I see Fitzpatrick. He was a one year wonder and is nothing more than a backup.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Exactly! I think of Derek Anderson the most when I see Fitzpatrick. He was a one year wonder and is nothing more than a backup.
              And that is how everybody including the Bills organization should view him. They need to draft like they don't have a QB because we still don't know if he is the answer or just a one year wonder.

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

I agree with drafting a QB ( high), but I'm hesitant now at labeling Ryan Fitzpatrick a career backup. We all know the O-line problems Fitz and Trent Edwards were forced to play behind. We had two promotions come up through the ranks at the OC position from an offense that never worked to begin with and still Ryan Fitzpatrick/team found ways to win football games.

With all due respect Mike you must admit its Fitzpatricks job to lose and until someone proves worthy, Ryan Fitzpatick is a starting QB in the NFL for this Buffalo Bill football team and in all probability still will be when the season begins next year.

Note: I have flip flopped on this because of the progression Ryan Fitpatrick has shown under Chan Gailey going up against some of the best defenses in the NFL.
                Last edited by Figster; 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

your not going to fit in many if any QB's via FA nor the draft that can dissect D's the way Fitz has been doing this year.

the team rallies around him as well.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Unfortunately, for those pining for us to draft a QB... Fitzpatrick is not a backup. If we replace Fitzy, he isn't going to hang around. He will go elsewhere and get another chance to start.

Again, maybe this is the best thing for us, maybe it's not.

I am going to be a Bills fan either way, but right now, my preference would be to roll with Fitzy.

This guy has heart and balls...the players around him feed off of him. That is hard to do. There are good, possibly even great (depending on your definition) QB's that can not get their guys to play for them like Fitzy does.

If our D was shut down, you wouldn't find a lot of people interested in betting against Fitzy. I wouldn't bet against him, and that's what I love in a QB. There are guys that have better arms, etc, but I wouldn't want them as our leader...Marino comes to mind...awesome arm, great reads, etc, but he wasn't a winner.

I know it sounds nuts, but it is getting easier to say that Fitz is not the reason we are not winning. I do not get into blaming one player for the team's results, but Fitz has qualities that 9/10 QB's don't have, and many are intangible.

The bad part for the Nighthawks of the world is that no matter how militant you get on the message board, there is a 99% chance that this team is not going to replace Fitzy. Kicking and screaming and insulting other fans about the decision will more than likely be the reaction, but hopefully the wins that we can, hopefully, begin to accumulate next year will ease the pain.

Since I am not a fan of the "where are they now..." threads, I wont be the guy that starts the "Where are the Fitzy haters now?" thread, but I'll be the guy high-fiving you when we are going to be talking about the possibility of Playoff games again.

Do I really believe Fitzy could get us to the Playoffs? The Super Bowl? Have I actually drank enough Kool-Aid to think that he could win a Super Bowl?

I wouldn't bet against him.

Pom-poms....Check
                    Kool-Aid...Yes, please
                    Fitzy....He's my horse if he don't ever win a race.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Fitz is good enough to not have to reach. the defense sucks much more.

As for shaking off a concussion, men with burly beards don't get concussed. Fact.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

I was screaming when he threw that block on Polamalu to spring Jackson...his playstyle is going to get him killed sooner or later but man it's hard not to respect a guy who puts a 2-9 team over his own well-being.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Fitz is not a backup. He is a starter and has talent. He reads defenses better than most Qbs and has a better arm than people give him credit for.

Fitz with a full off-season and TC in the same offense can have a monster year next year.

I think Fitz can be as good for us as Schaub is for the Texans. Comparing Fitz to Kitna or Derek Anderson is a joke and lacks actual evaluation.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

Somewhere I think Fitz has a better brain in understanding of the game than Kitna, Anderson etc. I always point to how noone is running free at him any more, including the Steelers who's known to have odd man coming free at QB. Adjusting blocking scheme on the fly comes so easily for him.

Now in terms of getting the ball to the receivers, well, he is in that league of Anderson, Kitna, etc.
                            Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                              Unfortunately, for those pining for us to draft a QB... Fitzpatrick is not a backup. If we replace Fitzy, he isn't going to hang around. He will go elsewhere and get another chance to start.

Again, maybe this is the best thing for us, maybe it's not.

I am going to be a Bills fan either way, but right now, my preference would be to roll with Fitzy.

This guy has heart and balls...the players around him feed off of him. That is hard to do. There are good, possibly even great (depending on your definition) QB's that can not get their guys to play for them like Fitzy does.

If our D was shut down, you wouldn't find a lot of people interested in betting against Fitzy. I wouldn't bet against him, and that's what I love in a QB. There are guys that have better arms, etc, but I wouldn't want them as our leader...Marino comes to mind...awesome arm, great reads, etc, but he wasn't a winner.

I know it sounds nuts, but it is getting easier to say that Fitz is not the reason we are not winning. I do not get into blaming one player for the team's results, but Fitz has qualities that 9/10 QB's don't have, and many are intangible.

The bad part for the Nighthawks of the world is that no matter how militant you get on the message board, there is a 99% chance that this team is not going to replace Fitzy. Kicking and screaming and insulting other fans about the decision will more than likely be the reaction, but hopefully the wins that we can, hopefully, begin to accumulate next year will ease the pain.

Since I am not a fan of the "where are they now..." threads, I wont be the guy that starts the "Where are the Fitzy haters now?" thread, but I'll be the guy high-fiving you when we are going to be talking about the possibility of Playoff games again.

Do I really believe Fitzy could get us to the Playoffs? The Super Bowl? Have I actually drank enough Kool-Aid to think that he could win a Super Bowl?

I wouldn't bet against him.

Pom-poms....Check
                              Kool-Aid...Yes, please
                              Fitzy....He's my horse if he don't ever win a race.
                              i'm on your side, but the bolded part also applies to fitz. he isn't a winner either. he clearly makes me love this team greatly at 2-9. i don't think there is another 2-9 team that i've loved as much. but he hasn't won anything. some of its just that the previous jokers have been so bad, that his averageness is refreshing.

the other thing that is positive about fitz is that gailey has worked magic with much less. Neil Odonnel? Slash, Thigpen? Two of those guys he got to a superbowl or a game away from the superbowl.

i think its fitz's job to lose. if he is blowing chunks at the end of the year, we have to look at replacing him. if he's still doing what he's doing. you can feel comfortable moving forward.

the biggest issue to me though is that while fitz could be seen as a legitimate starter, the bills may very well not think highly of brohm or brown. Which means, they need a better option. and that means you want fitz grooming some one sooner than later. I really have no idea what the staff thinks about brohm, but that's what it all comes down to.

Comment

Working...
                              X