Steve Johnson deserves every ounce of criticism he is getting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Steve Johnson deserves every ounce of criticism he is getting...

....both for the drop AND the tweet.

It's HIS job to make the catch. He didn't make it. Did he lose the game? No, the team lost the game. But he could have won it and he failed.

As far as the tweet, yes, everyone has said something similar when upset. But most of us have the maturity to own up to our mistakes. And most of us have the maturity to NOT post the anguish of the moment in a forum where MILLIONS of people can read it AFTER time has passed and we've had an opportunity to reflect what happened.

Does this mean he's a bad player? Does this mean he's an immature person? Absolutely not, but he ****ed up. Twice. And as fans who want this team to win and want our team to be represented well, we have every right to be upset and critical.

For some reason, people feel the need to defend Bills players because they're on the Bills, and this need grows even stronger for fans who particularly like certain players. It's ridiculous. Sometimes players **** up. Sometimes they prevent the team from winning. And it doesn't matter if they're on our team or if we personally like the guy- they still deserve to be criticized for mistakes. As fans, we want the team to WIN, and when someone prevents that from happening, we can, will, and SHOULD criticize.

Everyone was jumping all over his jock for his game last week, and rightfully so. But you can't have it both ways- praise players when they deserve it and criticize them when they deserve it as well. Enough bull**** excuses.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: Steve Johnson deserves every ounce of criticism he is getting...

Write Ralph Wilson a letter and maybe he will make you feel all better. lol

Comment

• Thief
      • Sep 2009

Hey he had 5 drops. Criticize his game. Don't criticize his tweet because you misunderstand it.

I will say he had a bad game. That is all. Call it what you want.

What matters is how he plays next.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thief
        Hey he had 5 drops. Criticize his game. Don't criticize his tweet because you misunderstand it.

I will say he had a bad game. That is all. Call it what you want.

What matters is how he plays next.
        Misunderstand it? Everyone understood it the same way until he came out with an after-the-fact BS explanation.

The tweet was an immature gut reaction and he should have thought it through better.

The only good thing is that he seems to have learned his lesson and will most likely put more thought to things he posts in public forums in the future (translation: he won't be the next "Donte Twit-ner."
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

He had a horrific game. There's no doubt about that.

As far as the tweet....did you even watch his press conference? He voluntarily came to the post game press conference and made himself available for the obvious questions. And, he answered them with tears on his face and taking full responsibility for the mistakes. He owned his mistakes like a man. After that, the tweet was...nothing even worth commenting on.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Easily the worst game of Johnson's career. I agree he deserves the criticism but by Tuesday everybody should move on.

In my book he gets the benefit of the doubt not because he is a Bill but because, by in large, he has a great year and this seems like an aberration more than anything else.

If this game, leads to a massive mental block where he is dropping routine catches on a weekly basis then we can start saying he sucks. For now, in my mind, he had one game where he really sucked.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Misunderstand it? Everyone understood it the same way until he came out with an after-the-fact BS explanation.

The tweet was an immature gut reaction and he should have thought it through better.

The only good thing is that he seems to have learned his lesson and will most likely put more thought to things he posts in public forums in the future (translation: he won't be the next "Donte Twit-ner."
              So lets trade him. Is that what you want?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                Write Ralph Wilson a letter and maybe he will make you feel all better. lol

I tried but I got this response:

Dear OpIv37,

Thank you for your interest in the Buffalo Bills. Mr. Wilson has received your letter. Unfortunately, at his age, his eyesight is no longer sufficient to read the 20-point font you used in your letter, and therefore he will not be responding.

As a reward for your interest in the team, please feel free to buy yourself tickets at www.buffalobills.com/tickets or some nice merchandise from buffalobills.nflproshop.com. Thank you for your [strike]money[/strike] support.

Sincerely,
                Russ Brandon
                VP of Marketing
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                  So lets trade him. Is that what you want?
                  the fact that you even suggested this shows that you either
                  a) didn't read my initial post or
                  b) have no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                    Easily the worst game of Johnson's career. I agree he deserves the criticism but by Tuesday everybody should move on.

In my book he gets the benefit of the doubt not because he is a Bill but because, by in large, he has a great year and this seems like an aberration more than anything else.

If this game, leads to a massive mental block where he is dropping routine catches on a weekly basis then we can start saying he sucks. For now, in my mind, he had one game where he really sucked.
                    and that's all I'm saying- he had a bad game. Just admit he had a bad game.

Clearly, you are able to do that. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for many others.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Op not for his tweet. I respect Christians who work out their faith honestly. It is not always a bed a roses. Of course people who do not understand what he is saying, or going through misinterpret it.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                        He had a horrific game. There's no doubt about that.

As far as the tweet....did you even watch his press conference? He voluntarily came to the post game press conference and made himself available for the obvious questions. And, he answered them with tears on his face and taking full responsibility for the mistakes. He owned his mistakes like a man. After that, the tweet was...nothing even worth commenting on.
                        So the press conf gets him off the hook for the tweet?

I don't ****ing think so. Enough BS excuses.

The tweet was stupid, plain and simple.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                          Op not for his tweet. I respect Christians who work out their faith honestly. It is not always a bed a roses. Of course people who do not understand what he is saying, or going through misinterpret it.
                          why do it publicly? Why do it so long after the fact? Everyone has moments that they need to work through in their faith but there is a time and a place to do it. He failed on both accounts. And it also showed a lack of personal responsibility and there is no excuse for that whatsoever.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

So the press conf gets him off the hook for the tweet?

I don't ****ing think so. Enough BS excuses.

The tweet was stupid, plain and simple.
                            no it wasn't, it was real. The progression of tweets even instructive. You wouldn't get it, but others do.
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

the fact that you even suggested this shows that you either
                              a) didn't read my initial post or
                              b) have no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.
                              The title was plenty, thanks though. I have problems reading things from holier than thou fans. There's plenty of that on this board lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X