PDA

View Full Version : Wilcots: "Bills have found their answer in Fitz"

Jeff1220
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Bills have their answer in Fitzpatrick
You can snicker at Ryan Fitzpatrick all you want, but the kid from Harvard is no joke as an NFL quarterback. I don’t think the Bills need to search out their quarterback of the future. For now, they’ve found their answer in Fitzpatrick.

I think the thing I agree with the most is what he says here:

The Bills have so many areas they need to improve on this offseason. Unless there’s a quarterback available who is too good to pass up, I wouldn’t go looking given the way Fitzpatrick has played.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/11/29/bills-have-their-answer-in-fitzpatrick/

Bufftp
11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
That's what I'm saying. Also another year under Gaily I think he will even be better.

SquishDaFish
11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Already been posted but I agree with him

SquishDaFish
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=198446

Extremebillsfan247
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
In my opinion, unless you hit on a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, your search for a QB should never be over. I think Wilcots is wrong there.

Nighthawk
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM
In my opinion, unless you hit on a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, your search for a QB should never be over. I think Wilcots is wrong there.

I hope that Fitz is the answer, but I'm not convinced and I don't want to be left with nothing behind him. We need to draft a QB in the early rounds this year.

Bufftp
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
well there are so many Bradys or Peytons, I agree the first 5 draft picks every draft for the next 10 years and you will finally get one.

Mike13
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
:laughing:

Bufftp
11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
why are you laughing? Miami has drafted at least 10 Marino's since he retired.

imbondz
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM

those two are once in a lifetimes. if that's the case, then we already had ours in Jim Kelly. We don't need a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to win the SuperBowl.

clumping platelets
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM

:10:

Joe Fo Sho
11-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Resign him now.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 06:48 AM

TOTAL NONSENSE>>>>>:ignore:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 06:49 AM
those two are once in a lifetimes. if that's the case, then we already had ours in Jim Kelly. We don't need a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to win the SuperBowl.
LOL. Oh really? Fitz will take us to a SB when pigs fly.:penalty:

Joe Fo Sho
11-30-2010, 07:01 AM
LOL. Oh really? Fitz will take to a SB when pigs fly.:penalty:

Why are you so worried about the Superbowl???? This team hasn't made the playoffs in 11 years. Baby steps, baby steps. There are 2 QBs who make it to a Superbowl every year, there are some solid QBs in this league who've never been to the Superbowl.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Why are you so worried about the Superbowl???? This team hasn't made the playoffs in 11 years. Baby steps, baby steps. There are 2 QBs who make it to a Superbowl every year, there are some solid QBs in this league who've never been to the Superbowl.
I see that you aim pretty low, my friend.:snooze:

Beebe's Kid
11-30-2010, 07:26 AM
I see that you aim pretty low, my friend.:snooze:
I say you have a serious hard on for wanting to draft a QB... I
Do you watch the Bills games, or are you too busy creating new screen names, and jerking off to mock drafts?

Fitzy isn't the shiny new toy, but our offense isn't close to being the problem. The guy is doing well, and if you put down your Mel Kiler inflatable doll, you might agree...that is assuming you possess the ability to know what the hell you are talkin about.

Although...if you make six new screen names, you might be able to swing the FO into forgetting that Fitz is a really good QB**********

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 07:40 AM
I say you have a serious hard on for wanting to draft a QB... I
Do you watch the Bills games, or are you too busy creating new screen names, and jerking off to mock drafts?

Fitzy isn't the shiny new toy, but our offense isn't close to being the problem. The guy is doing well, and if you put down your Mel Kiler inflatable doll, you might agree...that is assuming you possess the ability to know what the hell you are talkin about.

Although...if you make six new screen names, you might be able to swing the FO into forgetting that Fitz is a really good QB**********
Oh my, you certainly put me in my place........LOL. Just callin' it like I see it, ace. We DO need to draft a QB as much as you think Fitz to be some kind of superstar. The guy completed about 50% of his passes on Sunday, wow. By the way, I have only the one screen name, I've NEVER posted under another name. Never. You are an idiot.:down: :penalty:

Mahdi
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM

This was obvious already but nice to see some pros come around.

Mahdi
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Oh my, you certainly put me in my place........LOL. Just callin' it like I see it, ace. We DO need to draft a QB as much as you think Fitz to be some kind of superstar. The guy completed about 50% of his passes on Sunday, wow. By the way, I have only the one screen name, I've NEVER posted under another name. Never. You are an idiot.:down: :penalty:
Lee dropped about 3 balls and Johnson dropped 4. That's seven completions Fitz would have had. That would have put him at 67%. Actually even Fred dropped a pass that was right in his hands. So its even higher.

I love how you never actually analyze things.

Extremebillsfan247
11-30-2010, 08:48 AM
well there are so many Bradys or Peytons, I agree the first 5 draft picks every draft for the next 10 years and you will finally get one.Don't get me wrong, I love what Fitz is doing this year. But a QB that isn't a perennial all pro, should have to come into each year to earn his job. You keep bringing guys in to compete with a QB like Fitz to let him know he has to keep playing at a high level or risk losing his job. A good example of that was the Patriots when they had Bledsoe. He played well enough to get them to a post season, but it didn't stop them from looking for improvement at the position of QB, and they got lucky with Brady. When drafting QBs, luck is a part of that process, if you stop looking because Fitz is playing well, you will fail at some point. JMO

Bulldog
11-30-2010, 11:14 AM

I'll say this about Fitz, he's no Beck or Henne. And thank god for that.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll say this about Fitz, he's no Beck or Henne. And thank god for that.
Nor is he any kind of long term solution at QB.:surf:

SaviorEdwards
11-30-2010, 12:01 PM
solimin wilcox is probably the most intelligent well spoken commentator who does NFL football. We are fortunate that he takes the time to cover the buffalo beeaaaallls. :hump:

DesertFox24
11-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Nor is he any kind of long term solution at QB.:surf:

Kurt Warner was not the answer for the rams or cardinals either. After all he was not a high drafted QB so he had to suck. No way could he develop and get better.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Kurt Warner was not the answer for the rams or cardinals either. After all he was not a high drafted QB so he had to suck. No way could he develop and get better.
Get back to me when Fitz is an MVP with a SB ring. LOL. :usflag:
All this man-love for Fitz is making me fit to puke.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
If you are getting the #1 rated QB in the draft the odds are usually a little better.

Matt Ryan is just one example of a player that has completely turned the franchise around.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-30-2010, 01:25 PM
If you are getting the #1 rated QB in the draft the odds are usually a little better.

Matt Ryan is just one example of a player that has completely turned the franchise around.
Excellent point.:limpclap:

TedMock
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM

No doubt about this. One problem. What if the #1 rated QB in the draft isn't there? For arguments sake, let's say we stay at 4th. Btw, HH, this isn't directed at you, but anybody who feels QB is an absolute must 1st round pick. Most people (at least from what I've read) don't see Mallett or Locker as being worth that pick. Let's say we try like heck, but can't find any partners in a trade down. Here we are at pick number 4. Do you really want to reach for a QB here (again assuming that Luck is entered and picked)? Would a 2nd - 4th rounder be that much of a project, or could we get a solid starter there? Is Fitz okay for a 2-3 year stop-gap? Can Fitz get us to the playoffs with a rookie waiting for his time if we have a great draft?

Jeff1220
11-30-2010, 01:50 PM

And that's what I think most are saying. Luck is too good to pass on, but most of those other first round QBs are not must-haves - not with the other needs this team has (on D).

Buffalogic
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Soloman Wilcots is fun to listen to. He always pronounces bills "Beeeolls" It's hilarious.

LarryBoy
11-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Gotta tell ya....I don't think I'm 100% sold on Fitz but the more I watch him play...the more I think we need to concentrate on D in the draft.

Joe Fo Sho
11-30-2010, 10:13 PM

For every stud, I can find you a dud. I agree Matt Ryan is a good example of a stud.

1st QBs taken in the draft to support my argument:

Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young
Alex Smith
David Carr
Chad Pennington
Tim Couch
Jim Drunkenmiller
Tony Banks
David Klinger
Dan McGwire

It's a crap shoot.

SaviorEdwards
11-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Soloman Wilcots is fun to listen to. He always pronounces bills "Beeeolls" It's hilarious.
Anyone catch Tory Holt??? This guy and solomon wilcox are the best :beers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4WYM8ezBMQ

'they fought they way back'

'we should get excited about peyton hillis because he loves the game of football'

solid analysis IMHO