PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson made every media outlet last night!

HHURRICANE
11-30-2010, 08:14 AM
CNN, ESPN, FOX...just insane.

The exposure for the Bills is good as I believe this team needs as much exposure as possible right now.

But Steve Johnson couldn't have made himself look like a bigger idiot. When a sports story makes the regular news you know it had to be pretty bad.

EricStratton
11-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Mike and Mike did a pretty funny few minutes on it this morning.

Pinkerton Security
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Lets hope Stevie J continues to find the media spotlight, I agree it is good...except lets hope in the future it is for his good plays, not his bad ones.

seanbillsfan
11-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I guess Conan O'Brian made a joke about him too last night, I didn't hear what he said though

Scumbag College
11-30-2010, 09:05 AM
He just made the Howard Stern Show too. Only a brief mention though.

cocamide
11-30-2010, 09:43 AM
This should only make him stronger. The media's good at focusing on the negative, so I bet they won't talk about how his later tweets show how a young man grew up and became a better person as the result of an embarassing, heart-breaking event.

ddaryl
11-30-2010, 09:45 AM
and it might be the best thing to happen to Steve this early in his career. A reality check can be a damn good thing for the right player.

Steve got carried away with the media blitz, and this could be the game/situation that brings him back to reality and keeps his head on straight.

This can be a huge positive, it's all how Steve rebounds from it and builds off it.

we are
11-30-2010, 10:35 AM
i feel bad for the vikings corners, i really do.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2010, 10:52 AM
i feel bad for the vikings corners, i really do.

Winfield's still a good corner

we are
11-30-2010, 10:55 AM

so is leon hall, that didnt seem to matter.

AW is having a bit of a down year....and i dont think they are just gonna run him all over the field to cover SJ on every play. Their other corners are GARBAGE.

Johnson is going to have a huge day...count on it.

Michael82
11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Conan O'Brien also joked about it....

"Luckily, Stevie Johnson's tweet blamed the Old Testament God, who is still on MySpace"

RockStar36
11-30-2010, 11:52 AM
It's always fun to pile on Buffalo. ESPN loves to take things out of context and then blow them up.

This is by far the most annoying story in the past few years of following the Bills. And no matter who explains it correctly, the media (ESPN mainly) just stomps around and tells you that you're wrong and this is what it meant.

bills4ver
11-30-2010, 12:11 PM
he was also in the joke section of Jay Leno last night

kingJofNYC
11-30-2010, 01:04 PM
He's great when a safety is over the top, if he's isolated good chance that he'll get torched and that's always been the case. Good cover 2 corner.

HAMMER
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I just hope we don't have the next punkish prima donna receiver on our hands. We don't need the distraction on this young team.

RockStar36
11-30-2010, 02:06 PM
I just hope we don't have the next punkish prima donna receiver on our hands. We don't need the distraction on this young team.

How has he been a punkish prima donna?

I wish half the players on the roster cared as much as Stevie did. Did you see his presser after the game?

we are
11-30-2010, 02:34 PM
CNN, ESPN, FOX...just insane.

The exposure for the Bills is good as I believe this team needs as much exposure as possible right now.

But Steve Johnson couldn't have made himself look like a bigger idiot. When a sports story makes the regular news you know it had to be pretty bad.

good point.

the media never exaggerates anything or blows it out of proportion.

HAMMER
11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
How has he been a punkish prima donna?

I wish half the players on the roster cared as much as Stevie did. Did you see his presser after the game?

I saw his presser, I thought it was a stand up move. His Tweet comes off as punkish, his T-Shirt was no big deal, but if he carries things further it will come off poorly. I am not calling him a punk yet, but these are things that could be construed as such, and if it gets worse it could be a problem.

YardRat
11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Reminds me a little bit of when TO burst into the spotlight for San Fran. Of course, Owens caught the game-winning TD, in a significant game to boot.

That being said, if they can win this week and Stevie has a big game it could help to propel him into becoming the beast he's capable of.

Scumbag College
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
He really made it now. Colbert just started the show with him.

DANMAN
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM
He was even covered on Chelsea Lately on the E channel.
At the beginning of the season nobody outside of Buffalo had even heard of him but since Sunday he is the most talked about player in the league.

Crisis
12-01-2010, 02:04 AM
He was even covered on Chelsea Lately on the E channel.
At the beginning of the season nobody outside of Buffalo had even heard of him but since Sunday he is the most talked about player in the league.

Why on earth are you watching Chelsea Lately???

DANMAN
12-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Why on earth are you watching Chelsea Lately???

For the Bills coverage, duh.