Is Galisano Freeing up capital to Buy the Bills??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Is Galisano Freeing up capital to Buy the Bills??

Is galisano getting ready to buy the bills? He has stated that he wanted to be involved in bills ownership....

Looks like the sabres are being purchased

Terry Pegula signs letter of intent to buy Buffalo Sabres for $150 million

that would give him some nice capital to use for a portion, he bought the sabres for like 20 million didn't he?

THN.com has learned that billionaire Terry Pegula has signed a letter of intent to buy the Buffalo Sabres from Tom Golisano for about $150 million.

Pegula is the founder and CEO of East Resources, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States. A graduate of Penn State University, he and his wife, Kim, recently donated $88 million to the school to help fund a new arena and establish a Division I hockey program.

More to follow.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Is Galisano Freeing up capital to Buy the Bills??

that would suck royally. The guy is Ralph Wilson Jr. Jr.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
      that would suck royally. The guy is Ralph Wilson Jr. Jr.
      Ralph is a better owner than Golisano.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

That'll be fun when TommyG fires Buddy Nix and replaces him with Darcy, Larry and Mo.

If tom is putting money to be part of a group, i'm fine with that, but aside from that, he was just a very average sabres owner. Stuck with his guys because he didn't know anyone else. It was more frustrating at times than watching ralph stick it out with Dick and Brandon as coach and GM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

I doubt that TG is going to buy the Bills. The guy is the type to make big money fast. He can't do that by going into huge debt to buy the Bills.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

For those who don't follow the Sabres closely - you should hope not. I'm all for it if he's investing money to keep them in Buffalo, but as the sole owner, I don't think it would be good if you want success for the team. There is a reason Sabres fans are super excited right now if they get sold.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              For those who don't follow the Sabres closely - you should hope not. I'm all for it if he's investing money to keep them in Buffalo, but as the sole owner, I don't think it would be good if you want success for the team. There is a reason Sabres fans are super excited right now if they get sold.
              And there is no way that he'd be the sole owner of the Bills. He would be part of a conglomerate. That being said, I don't think it will happen.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

well if he is a part of Kelly's group, then he is in agreement to keep the team in Buffalo.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Could very well be part of a group.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Bills' implications aside, it's probably a good thing for the Sabres. I can't imagine Pegula being a worse owner than Golisano.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

golly as a part of the ownership would be fine. because his $200MM investment would probably generate good returns from ticket sales, merchandise and TV revenue. And he wouldn't need to take on debt to make his contribution. So if he's earning like a 5-15% return per year on that investmetn, it's good for him and he doesn't need to be the "thinking part" of the group.

Golly becomes a bad owner if he's the sole owner, because then he doesn't know enough people and only trusts his circle. and if his small circle isn't that bright football wise, the team would suffer.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        golly as a part of the ownership would be fine. because his $200MM investment would probably generate good returns from ticket sales, merchandise and TV revenue. And he wouldn't need to take on debt to make his contribution. So if he's earning like a 5-15% return per year on that investmetn, it's good for him and he doesn't need to be the "thinking part" of the group.

Golly becomes a bad owner if he's the sole owner, because then he doesn't know enough people and only trusts his circle. and if his small circle isn't that bright football wise, the team would suffer.
                        Good points, trap, but I think his ego is too big to let him be just part of a group.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dujek
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2008

Listening to WGR 550 the Sabres have denied that a letter of intent has been signed.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i haven't really heard of the stories of Golly as a man. i wouldn't doubt that he's an ego maniac. FEw people who get to that level are humble, decent people. they'd kill their own mother to make a buck.

Part of me thinks, he's happy to live in florida, and be a part time NFL owner. HE knows how rabid sabres fans got on him for not being at the games, not being proactive in cutting dead weight, etc.

He's no spring chicken, and the NFL is even more intense. there are a lot of contracts you have to eat if you get it wrong. You can't keep floating darcy out there for 12 years of mediocrity in the NFL without having the entire NFL walk away from you in free agency. I feel like his 100% ownership of the sabres may have opened his eyes as to how difficult sports team ownership is.

And god knows there are enough dan synders, jerry jones littered about showing you that you can't just pretend your a football guy.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

I think Golisano, if anything, would just be a member of Jim Kelly's purchasing team.
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X