PDA

View Full Version : A few Steelers giving us props

X-Era
11-30-2010, 05:12 PM
This team isn't just impressing some of us, it's impressing a few on the team that just beat us!

"I'm just glad we don't have to play them anymore," Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) linebacker James Farrior (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesfarrior/profile?id=FAR709765) said after his team's 19-16 overtime victory (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112801/2010/REG12/steelers@bills) against the Bills that came only after Steve Johnson dropped a sure touchdown in the extra period.

"They've got a lot of fight in them," Farrior said. "Even though their record doesn't show it, I think they're a good football team."

Said Steelers offensive tackle Flozell Adams (http://www.nfl.com/players/flozelladams/profile?id=ADA280969), "Coming into this game, they were 2-8, but as far as we were concerned, they were (playing like they were) 8-2. I've been around a long time and I've seen teams fold if they're 2-8, and just look to the offseason. These guys are not going to do that. They're going to ruin somebody's party."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c89067/article/spoiler-alert-bills-others-not-in-playoff-hunt-have-role-to-play?module=HP_cp2

:up:

YardRat
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Nice. Respect.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Nice to see. We ARE on the right track people. Now is the time to sit back relax and watch this team grow. I think we are now FINALLY going to be a REAL football team

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
we can only continue to hope this team keeps growing and getting better with more experience.

Buffalo Thriller
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Awesome! At least they aren't laughing at us.

split71
11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
"I've been around a long time and I've seen teams fold if they're 2-8, and just look to the offseason. These guys are not going to do that. They're going to ruin somebody's party."

I look forward to this...

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2010, 06:42 PM
I hope it's New England's party they ruin, or the NY Jets.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
I hope it's New England's party they ruin, or the NY Jets.

I hope its NE or both LOL. We cause NE to lose division and cause Jets to lose homefield LOL

Nighthawk
11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Respect is nice, but winning football games and being relevant at this time of year would be better.

Crisis
11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Respect is nice, but winning football games and being relevant at this time of year would be better.

Agreed, it is better than after the Jets game where some of them said the Bills pretty much quit though.

better days
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Well, considering the Bills were the laughingstock of the entire NFL, & EVERYONE said they were the worst team in the league, I think the fact they are now getting respect says a lot about this well coached team.

Crazygoo
11-30-2010, 11:43 PM
i hope it is New Englands party as well. Nothing would make the holidays better

djjimkelly
11-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Awesome! At least they aren't laughing at us.

they would be if edwards was still on this team

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2010, 12:34 AM
oh my god, i forgot how bad trent edwards was until you just brought his name back up. i'm going to have nightmares about it tonight.

Michael82
12-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I hope its NE or both LOL. We cause NE to lose division and cause Jets to lose homefield LOL
That world be awesome. I would love to be the team that knocks the Patriots out of the division lead, especially with the game at home. And then taking homefield advantage away from the Jets would be icing on the cake.

jamze132
12-01-2010, 03:28 AM
That world be awesome. I would love to be the team that knocks the Patriots out of the division lead, especially with the game at home. And then taking homefield advantage away from the Jets would be icing on the cake.
And squishing the fish to destroy what playoff asperations that had remaining.

SABuffalo786
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I'll take that Steelers OT loss a million times over if it means we **** the Pats this month.

ServoBillieves
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Bu... But where are the let's lose out people?! :violin:

Ed
12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
This is true. However, I think getting respect from other teams and players at 2-9 says a lot about the Bills and improves are chances of making some moves in free agency. It's encouraging to me that other players have a positive view of the Bills and maybe see them as an up and coming team. If this team were seen as a joke without any direction or character, who would want to come here?

Michael82
12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
And squishing the fish to destroy what playoff asperations that had remaining.
Exactly! And i could definitely see that happening. Right now they are in the hunt, but another loss would probably take them out. I hope it's against us. :snicker:

Nighthawk
12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
This is true. However, I think getting respect from other teams and players at 2-9 says a lot about the Bills and improves are chances of making some moves in free agency. It's encouraging to me that other players have a positive view of the Bills and maybe see them as an up and coming team. If this team were seen as a joke without any direction or character, who would want to come here?

I agree...it definitely delivers this team in a better light.