PDA

View Full Version : QB Bledsoe led Bills at $9.5 million

Schobel94
06-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Is that article correct? I saw an article in the Buffalo news that printed their salaries and none of them were near what this article says. I think that number for Bledsoe is misleadinf b/c it might contain his signing bonus, which we didnt pay. I think he only cost us 5.5 mil against the cap.

Ebenezer
06-18-2003, 08:46 AM
post a link

Schobel94
06-18-2003, 08:51 AM
It's on the front page of billszone. I got it! They say Fletcher was the third highest paid on the team but that is VERY misleading! He got a 4 mil singing bonus and a 500,000 base salary for 2002, and they report it at 4.5 mil, except his bonus is prorated through out his 5 year contract, so he only counted about 1.4 mil against the cap, not 4.5 mil. That is very misleading, same thing for Bledsoe, NE paid his signing bonus, not us! For Mike Williams they are correct, his signing bonus counts against the cap 7.5 mil for 2002, and a base salary of abaout 1 mil. After 2 years however, his cap hit falls dramatically since his deal is front loaded. This is a poor article and I have a mind to call the Chronicle! lol

*if you want more accurate salary cap figures go to billsdaily.com and to the front office section, all the players cap hits are listed.

WG
06-18-2003, 09:36 AM
They may be talking what he collected, or at least thinking that way.

You're right to check it all out. This stuff varies, often greatly, dependent upon the source.

Ebenezer
06-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Schobel94
*if you want more accurate salary cap figures go to billsdaily.com and to the front office section, all the players cap hits are listed.

they are listed on our salary cap page too, ya know...

:grind: