PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Stevie and ESPN

RockStar36
11-30-2010, 06:16 PM
I figured instead of arguing in 10 different threads, I'd make a return to writing to give my thoughts on Stevie, which also includes a rant about ESPN.

Any feedback is welcome.

This is a true story. I used to hate Terrell Owens and believed everything I heard about the guy. I thought he was a terrible teammate, a terrible person, and an overrated player.

Then he came to Buffalo. I hated the move, mostly because of what I said above. But I opened up to him very quickly. Some can call it a flip-flop opinion, but the truth is that once he was on my team, I started to realize the truth about T.O. and not believe things I read in the media. For example: T.O.'s "outburst" on the sidelines during a game against the Titans that was blown up on Sportscenter the following day. But I saw the game. I saw what T.O. actually did. And to be honest, any player that cares about winning would've lost their cool during that game. It was absolutely horrendous. Come to think of it, Dick Jauron was fired following that game so as you might imagine, things weren't going well for the Bills.

http://www.dandssports.com/

SquishDaFish
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Awesome article bro :clap: And Im in same boat with you on TO situation thanx to ESPN

X-Era
11-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Very well done.

Steve is one of my favorite players on this team and I think he will become a star and be a major part of this teams success. A team which is getting better every single week and, IMO, will be relevant again soon. Did he make some mistakes, sure. But I think he will come out on top and be even better than he already is.

Cris Carter acted like a tool and has done so for weeks now. He keeps singling out Steve Johnson but still defends Randy Moss. That ought to show what his opinion is worth. It's not just him, I agree that ESPN is one of the most biased in the media at this point.

Anyways, nice work man.

guy
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
I figured instead of arguing in 10 different threads, I'd make a return to writing to give my thoughts on Stevie, which also includes a rant about ESPN.

Any feedback is welcome. wow that was you? what a great article, i just printed it out for my son to read. i talked to him about this type of stuff and the way espn concentrates on crap. were they reporting on the great season s j was having prior to the last couple of weeks? a 7th rd draft choice? no. theyconcentrate on the drama. great article.:cheers:

http://www.dandssports.com/

mayotm
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Great article. It's unfortunate that the talking heads at ESPN (and other media outlets) aren't held accountable for anything they say. They throw around biased opinions and at times, completely inaccurate information, but never get called out for it. It's terribly frustrating.

X-Era
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Great article. It's unfortunate that the talking heads at ESPN (and other media outlets) aren't held accountable for anything they say. They throw around biased opinions and at times, completely inaccurate information, but never get called out for it. It's terribly frustrating.ESPN is just lashing out at anyone they can find because their illegitimate lover, Teddy Bruschi, retired.

YardRat
11-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Really good article, RS.

psubills62
11-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Great article, RS.

Your points about ESPN are spot-on. I really, really, really wish another sports network would challenge them.

Cntrygal
11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Great article!

RockStar36
11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks everybody. I appreciate the kind words.

ZAZusmc03
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Phenomenal article, I sent the link to Stevie on his twitter lol.

alohabillsfan
12-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Wow, fantastic article, feel free to write more often. PS, I rarely watch ESPN.

TMu11
12-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Great Article!

Beebe's Kid
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Good article...that has to be in the top 5 written in Erie, about Chris Carter and Steve Johnson, this week. I kid. Really nice work.

I don't watch ESPN. I watch NFL, MLB, and NHL network. ESPN jumped the shark a long time ago. I do not watch MNF, unless it is the local 53...

Baseball Tonight was the first to be supplanted by the MLB Network, then I realized I didn't have to watch the same show, only to mix in Tennis, Poker, etc when I was waiting for my baseball fix...Bills (regular) season...same thing...NFL Nerwork. One channel up...there is Sabres. I might have to see other teams highlights, but I don't need to watch WNBA highlights.