PDA

View Full Version : Harrison fine $25K for hit on Fitz

Jeff1220
12-01-2010, 06:31 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/11/30/james-harrison-fined.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Steelers linebacker James Harrison was fined $25,000 on Tuesday for his penalized hit on Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Harrison has four fines this season totaling $125,000.

Harrison drew a roughing-the-passer penalty for hitting Fitzpatrick helmet-first during Pittsburgh's 19-16 overtime victory Sunday.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/11/30/james-harrison-fined.ap/index.html#ixzz16rXjCy3X

...aaaand cue the whining from Harrison.

better days
12-01-2010, 06:37 AM
His Coach said of the fine, he has two kids, that money could have been used for their college education.

Buffalo Thriller
12-01-2010, 06:56 AM
His Coach said of the fine, he has two kids, that money could have been used for their college education.

Ryan has a kid and a wife, a hit like that can leave him with mental issues down the road. Thats a bull-**** answer

Luisito23
12-01-2010, 07:05 AM
He's dirty, it should've been more!

Jeff1220
12-01-2010, 08:21 AM
With some of the things Harrison has said over the last few years on various issues, I would guess that he's one of the dumbest people in the NFL.

psubills62
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
4/13/2009: Signed a six-year, $51.175 million contract. The deal contains $20 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus. 2009: $800,000 (+ $2.555 million roster bonus), 2010: $755,000 (+ $2.8 million reporting bonus), 2011: $3.66 million (+ $900,000 roster bonus), 2012: $5.315 million, 2013: $6.32 million, 2014: $7.325 million, 2015: Free Agent. Cap charge: $6.2 million (2009).

Yeah, because there isn't enough money for his kids' college tuition.

RockStar36
12-01-2010, 08:33 AM
It's funny how many people are flipping out about this and saying Harrison is the poster boy for the new rules and is being targeted. While that may be true, the hit he put on Fitz would've been flagged and fined no matter who did it.

TedMock
12-01-2010, 09:00 AM

That's infuriating! What a horse-*** response. The hit certainly wasn't one of Harrison's most egregious fouls, but he lead with his helmet which is still a foul. It was a great play had he just turned his head. The hit wasn't late or anything like that. It was just a dumba$$ play by a guy who should know better at this point. It's also not asking him to change his game which I've heard. Make the same exact play, but turn your head and there's no penalty, no precious seconds lost in the effort and your kids can still go to college some day.

Bulldog
12-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Memo to Harrison, stop leading with the crown of your helmet and the fines will stop. Not too difficult to figure out.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Like Harrison knows anything about paying for college education. He probably got his for free...

G Wolly
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Memo to Harrison, stop leading with the crown of your helmet and the fines will stop. Not too difficult to figure out.

You stole my reply.

It's not the fact that he hit Fitz, it's HOW he hit him. By launching upwards with his helmet, catching Fitz under the facemask. At least that's how I saw it on the scoreboard at the game.

Harrison is like the kid who gets grounded for beating up smaller kids, but whines about it when he gets caught.

Extremebillsfan247
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I think Harrison was targeted there. It was a violent hit but looked clean to me. He has a bad reputation. That I think had more to do with both the penalty and fine than anything else. That's just my opinion though.

tampabay25690
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
If I was Harrison I would learn how to TACKLE like a real NFL player and not with the helmet.

He might as well set up a ACH withdrawl from his checks to the NFL becaause from what I see he is a dirty player.....
There was 1 play that he directly used his helmet to go after the back of Lee Evans........

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
I think Harrison was targeted there. It was a violent hit but looked clean to me. He has a bad reputation. That I think had more to do with both the penalty and fine than anything else. That's just my opinion though.
His problem is that he launches himself and leads with the helmet, making no attempt to tackle somebody - he just wants to use his helmet as a weapon.

Sadly, I think the only thing that might stop these guys from doing that will be when one on these "tacklers" breaks his neck when he leads with the crown of his helmet.

psubills62
12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
His problem is that he launches himself and leads with the helmet, making no attempt to tackle somebody - he just wants to use his helmet as a weapon.

Sadly, I think the only thing that might stop these guys from doing that will be when one on these "tacklers" breaks his neck when he leads with the crown of his helmet.

Even then, who knows? It seems like a lot of these players have the mindset of a teenager - "that will never happen to me, he was just unlucky."

Extremebillsfan247
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Sadly, I think the only thing that might stop these guys from doing that will be when one on these "tacklers" breaks his neck when he leads with the crown of his helmet. Maybe its just my age or something, but hits like that are a normal occurrence of the game to me. We have all seen worse hits on QBs than that one. JMO

Mr. Pink
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Harrison has earned his reputation. Plays like the hit on Fitz Sunday are the norm for him. He's good for 1 a game.

Whatever charity the money is going to should hold a banquet in the dudes honor for his generous contributions.

Maybe he should just retire before he kills/paralyzes himself or someone else.

psubills62
12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Maybe its just my age or something, but hits like that are a normal occurrence of the game to me. We have all seen worse hits on QBs than that one. JMO

I've also seen much lesser ones get flags. Fitz was obviously shaken. Brady pops up from every hit screaming for a flag and sometimes gets it. If a dude isn't even fazed by a hit, there shouldn't be a flag, imo.

The QB's are definitely protected too much, but according to what has happened around the league, that hit definitely deserved a flag and possibly a fine, no matter who did it. Learn to tackle properly and this won't happen.

DynaPaul
12-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh cry me a river... with all the money he's made those kids could get PHDs from Harvard.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
harrison must be dumber than a box of rocks. he continually hits qbs with his helmet. what a dummy.