3. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97
    4. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 97
    5. Robert Quinn* DE North Carolina 96
    6. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 96
    7. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State 96
    8. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96
    9. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 95
    10. Anthony Castonzo OT Boston Coll. 95

It looks like the Bills can use anyone of them (well maybe Green is a luxury pick). Quinn at 270lb, clocked below 4.4, is a boom or bust prospect for our OLB woes.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Top 10 draft prospects from ESPN

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    if there is one in 2011.

1. Andrew Luck* QB Stanford 98
    2. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 98
    3. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97
    4. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 97
    5. Robert Quinn* DE North Carolina 96
    6. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 96
    7. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State 96
    8. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96
    9. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 95
    10. Anthony Castonzo OT Boston Coll. 95

It looks like the Bills can use anyone of them (well maybe Green is a luxury pick). Quinn at 270lb, clocked below 4.4, is a boom or bust prospect for our OLB woes.

Just don't pick someone stupid like Castonzo!!!...I could see them doing that though.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

I would like to know how we are building on defense. Is this going to be a 3-4 team or a 4-3.
      That will make a difference in which d-linemen we select. Assuming they don't want Locker or Mallett, and don't get real stupid and take a db or wr.

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

I think Defense will be the direction.
        I 100% think this team is suited for the 4-3 anyway.......
        We have 2 good DT's in Williams and TROUP..
        Edwards is a good DE.....

just my opinion...
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Green is the only one on that list I'd shake my head at. They don't need a WR in the 1st round.

D & S Sports

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

They need everything. Outside of running back, punter, kicker, and long snapper, I don't think the Bills are a team that's in shape to turn their nose up at any specific position, especially in the first round.

How they build the defense will certainly be interesting. Will probably have to wait for the offseason to truly get an idea of where they see the defense headed. Hopefully the future holds a defense where George Edwards isn't in charge of it (though he's done a little better the past few weeks).
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
              I would like to know how we are building on defense. Is this going to be a 3-4 team or a 4-3.
              That will make a difference in which d-linemen we select. Assuming they don't want Locker or Mallett, and don't get real stupid and take a db or wr.
              Unless, of course, it's Patrick Peterson or AJ Green. Best player available and still fits a need. Despite all the hype, we can still use a CB and WR. Those needs aren't as great as others, but they're still needs.

McGee is good for missing several games every year. McKelvin is an amazing athlete, but very inconsistent. Florence is far better in the slot. We've seen these guys exposed a bit this year.

Evans is an excellent WR, but not a do-it-all stud that you would love to have at the No. 1 spot. Johnson (despite this week) is coming along, but is still inconsistent and is certainly more of a No. 2. Roscoe is the "it" factor guy who's fun in situations and everybody else is a 3rd and 4th guy.

Personally, just about any of those top-7 guys would be a decent pick at 4 or 5. I'd add Fairley to the list too. I don't think Costanzo is the the best OT coming out either.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

DB is up there. I think even Kelly mentioned it in one of his articles at bb.com.

Florence is a FA. McGee is breaking down near the end of his contract. So we have McKelvin and Corner, Youbody.

If you are looking short term, LBs, both inside and outside, are number 1 need. CB may be #2. RT #3.

Long term, I still think QB is #1.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                  DB is up there. I think even Kelly mentioned it in one of his articles at bb.com.

Florence is a FA. McGee is breaking down near the end of his contract. So we have McKelvin and Corner, Youbody.

If you are looking short term, LBs, both inside and outside, are number 1 need. CB may be #2. RT #3.

Long term, I still think QB is #1.
                  The way things look now Andrew Luck is playing in Carolina...

My thought is if Patrick Peterson is there how do you pass on him...
                  This guy will be a shut down CB in this league and TOP Special teamer just like at LSU. He is special....This would help our Safeties cheating up our going to the other side of the field. Best CB I have seen in the draft since Revis....
                  Would be hard to pass up.
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    The way things look now Andrew Luck is playing in Carolina...
                    But,but,but..they have Jimmy Clausen..aka The Savior !
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

If Luck is gone you realy cannot go wrong with Bowers or Peterson.. We need a pass rusher and you can never pass up an elite shut down corner when given the chance...I would think Peterson would be attractive trade bait for a team wanting to move up to get him and the Bills want to trade down...Luck is available when Bills pick u do not pass on the guy

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

I think Bowers and Quinn have the versatility to play well in any scheme. Personally, I would like to see us just draft the best defensive players possible and build are scheme based on the talent we have.

We'll need some serious upgrades at LB if we're going to stick with a 3-4.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                          • Feb 2009

I have no problem what so ever with Peterson. If he's the next Revis it will be worth it and ten fold. That just means you gotta hope a Jeremy Beal, Jeff Houston or Akeem Ayers is there in the 2nd.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Its hard to be pumped for a CB but if we can lock down half the field...its worth it

creates so much more on D we can do.

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
                              I have no problem what so ever with Peterson. If he's the next Revis it will be worth it and ten fold. That just means you gotta hope a Jeremy Beal, Jeff Houston or Akeem Ayers is there in the 2nd.
                              I would expect all three to go in Round 1 if they are all in the draft. Houston may be the best of the bunch.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X