• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Thursday or Sunday??

Well, you saw the game last night. Did you like the Thursday night opener, or would you rather the season started on a Sunday as usual?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

no more early openers....totally screwed up my football pool

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I love it.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

I liked it...I know they would never do this because of college football but I wished they had a game on Saturday night. It's a great thing to watch on a Saturday night whether you're at a bar, home or whatever. Plus since I don't have to work on Sunday I can actually watch a night game until the end.

Comment

• JayWood
          The Professor
          • Jul 2002

Call me a traditionalist but there is something about waking up Sunday mornings and knowing that in a few hours you can relax and watch football all day. I watched the game Thursday, and was happy that the season had finally began, but in my eyes the season does not actually start until 1pm Sunday afternoon!!
          When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Football should be on every night.

Seriously, I always thought that they should incorporate Thursday games on a regular basis, coinsiding with the bye weeks.

Comment

• BigDoug
              1-800-SAD-GOAT
              • Jul 2002

What is this, the CFL?

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

i hafta get up at 5:50 in the morning...no more thursday games unless it is on thanksgiving!!!! they are taking some of the luster out of turkey football as well as my energy the next morning.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I agree with EE, I hate having to wait until Sunday for my pro football, I want weekly games every night.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BigDoug
                    1-800-SAD-GOAT
                    • Jul 2002

Don't make that mistake. The thing the NFL has going for it is consistency....i.e. Sundays or Monday. One of the reasons that I don't follow the CFL is that they play on pretty much any night of the week...makes it hard to be a dedicated fan when it gets diluted like that.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I like the Thursday games, but I hate when they have a game on Thursday INSTEAD of the Sunday night game.

IT MUST BE BOTH!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

There are 32 teams in the league, there are 7 days in a week, that means they could schedule 2 games per day per week Monday thru Saturday, and four every Sunday.

That's how it should be. NFL football everyday from September one until January one. Then come the playoffs.

BTW...who wants to loan me 236 Zone dollarines, I want's my stickin avatar...I'm good for it.

Comment

• Fat Tony
                          • Sep 2002

Thursday thru Monday.

That way you can enjoy your team on TV nationally a couple of times, even if they stink!!

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug
                            Don't make that mistake. The thing the NFL has going for it is consistency....i.e. Sundays or Monday. One of the reasons that I don't follow the CFL is that they play on pretty much any night of the week...makes it hard to be a dedicated fan when it gets diluted like that.
                            Does this mean you don't follow hockey, baseball or basketball and you enjoy Nascar, tennis and golf also just because of the consistancy?

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Big Doug hates hockey, I know that much!

Comment

Working...
                              X