PDA

View Full Version : Thursday or Sunday??

lordofgun
09-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Well, you saw the game last night. Did you like the Thursday night opener, or would you rather the season started on a Sunday as usual?

Buffatexas
09-06-2002, 12:58 PM
no more early openers....totally screwed up my football pool

casdhf
09-06-2002, 01:10 PM
I love it.

don137
09-06-2002, 01:39 PM
I liked it...I know they would never do this because of college football but I wished they had a game on Saturday night. It's a great thing to watch on a Saturday night whether you're at a bar, home or whatever. Plus since I don't have to work on Sunday I can actually watch a night game until the end.

JayWood
09-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Call me a traditionalist but there is something about waking up Sunday mornings and knowing that in a few hours you can relax and watch football all day. I watched the game Thursday, and was happy that the season had finally began, but in my eyes the season does not actually start until 1pm Sunday afternoon!!

Earthquake Enyart
09-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Football should be on every night.

Seriously, I always thought that they should incorporate Thursday games on a regular basis, coinsiding with the bye weeks.

Ð
09-06-2002, 02:00 PM
What is this, the CFL?

JefftheBillsfan
09-06-2002, 02:35 PM
i hafta get up at 5:50 in the morning...no more thursday games unless it is on thanksgiving!!!! they are taking some of the luster out of turkey football as well as my energy the next morning.

DraftBoy
09-06-2002, 02:38 PM
I agree with EE, I hate having to wait until Sunday for my pro football, I want weekly games every night.

Ð
09-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Don't make that mistake. The thing the NFL has going for it is consistency....i.e. Sundays or Monday. One of the reasons that I don't follow the CFL is that they play on pretty much any night of the week...makes it hard to be a dedicated fan when it gets diluted like that.

lordofgun
09-06-2002, 02:50 PM
I like the Thursday games, but I hate when they have a game on Thursday INSTEAD of the Sunday night game.

IT MUST BE BOTH!

NoCtUrNaL
09-06-2002, 02:52 PM
There are 32 teams in the league, there are 7 days in a week, that means they could schedule 2 games per day per week Monday thru Saturday, and four every Sunday.

That's how it should be. NFL football everyday from September one until January one. Then come the playoffs. :D

BTW...who wants to loan me 236 Zone dollarines, I want's my stickin avatar...I'm good for it. :D

Fat Tony
09-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Thursday thru Monday.

That way you can enjoy your team on TV nationally a couple of times, even if they stink!!

don137
09-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug
Don't make that mistake. The thing the NFL has going for it is consistency....i.e. Sundays or Monday. One of the reasons that I don't follow the CFL is that they play on pretty much any night of the week...makes it hard to be a dedicated fan when it gets diluted like that.

Does this mean you don't follow hockey, baseball or basketball and you enjoy Nascar, tennis and golf also just because of the consistancy?

lordofgun
09-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Big Doug hates hockey, I know that much!

Ð
09-06-2002, 03:09 PM
hockey, only in the playoffs, then it's on 24 hours a day (I play and coach)
baseball...yechhh
basketball, the occasional (Sunday) Raptors game once football season is done
Nascar...are you kiddin' me?
tennis...channel-flipping material
golf...why bother?...worst TV sport

NoCtUrNaL
09-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by JayWood
Call me a traditionalist but there is something about waking up Sunday mornings and knowing that in a few hours you can relax and watch football all day. I watched the game Thursday, and was happy that the season had finally began, but in my eyes the season does not actually start until 1pm Sunday afternoon!!

You're a traditionalist

LABillsFan
09-06-2002, 03:24 PM
I like starting my day with football. Besides, ESPN's game day was at 3:30 out here and I missed the entire program.

Bufftp
09-06-2002, 03:25 PM
I agree with you LOG, It must be both Thurs and Sunday!

Bruce is Loose
09-06-2002, 03:28 PM
I love football being played On Sundays, but I think that there should be more prime time games. Games should be Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night every week.

lordofgun
09-06-2002, 03:37 PM
I want a Thanksgiving Tripleheader!!

I'm sick of watching the Lions and Cowboys every year. :mad:

At least the 3rd game could have different teams involved.

The_Philster
09-06-2002, 04:12 PM
Opening Day could be a Friday night or a saturday night. Most of us have to work Friday mornings...I dozed off in the third quarter. :(

clumping platelets
09-06-2002, 10:22 PM
GO BACK TO SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

This Thursday game was strictly designed to screw up fantasy football drafts :mad:

RedEyE
09-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Sunday's are nice but I'll love Thursday games as well. Why not rotate teams over a five day period, Sunday thru Thursday. Every major network can purchase a night allowing more teams to be nationally televised. .......dream....... dream .......dream

timfromjersey
09-06-2002, 11:59 PM
I like it! Especially if it includes Sunday night games in the same weekend. Gives me an opportunity to watch another game, albeit on tape. I work evenings. Almost made it out of work Thursday at 12am without some dolt telling me the score. Fat chance!

Jaywood, you'll still wake up to a full day of football even with a Thursday game.

When it comes right down to it, I just love to watch NFL football and can easily watch five televised games a weekend, whether it's my team or not. Fanatasy football and pools are nice and add extra interest, but for me, watching the licks being metered out is KING!

don137
09-07-2002, 07:56 AM
I don't think many football widows would be happy with football 3 days a week. I know we would be happy

Earthquake Enyart
09-07-2002, 09:17 AM
Thanksgiving triple header is a great idea. Have a good game at nite, after the stupid Lions and Cowboys.

Typ0
09-07-2002, 09:47 AM
I totally agree with you LOG. A thursday game at the cost of a Sunday night game is just wrong. I loved the Thursday opener though. It kind of preps people up for the big day on Sunday. I bet if they go to a format where they open the season on Thursday's we are going to get treated to a lot of good games on those nights.

Typ0
09-07-2002, 09:48 AM
late in the season there should be football 4 days a week...thursday, saturday, sunday, monday.

Halbert
09-07-2002, 11:03 AM
Agreed. The more prime time night games the better, imo. I like nationally televised games for the added excitement. Plus I like having a Sunday afternoon open, like when the Bills have a bye or are playing a nite game that week.

Cntrygal
09-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Since I am on "vacation" I was able to see the Thursday game... but if I had to get up for work (at 0415) - it would have been ROUGH. In the future.... either play earlier, or on a Friday.... or stick with Sunday... Everyone expects me to come into work on Tuesdays (during football season) half asleep. I wouldn't be able to get away with it twice in one week though. :(