PDA

View Full Version : If we can choose to be a spoiler for one...

tomz
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
If, hypothetically, the Bills could beat one of the teams atop the AFC East, who would you rather be a spoiler for?

For me, it's the Jets, but it is close.

SquishDaFish
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Pats all the way

sqad5
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Pats always kill us, but for some reason i ****ing hate the jets

better days
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
I want to see the Jets win the East. HATE the cheating Pats* from Kraft to Belichick to Brady to Wilfork.

imbondz
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Patsies 100%, even tho I despise the Jets

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Puck the Fats!

Ed
12-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Jets

psubills62
12-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Patriots, no idea how this is even close. Jets are annoying, but you guys would rather continue our losing streak to the Pats just to beat the Jets?

This losing streak is one of the most humiliating things. It was bearable while the Browns (vs. Steelers) and Raiders (vs. Chargers) were keeping pace with us, but they beat their teams, so we're the only ones in the league with an extended losing streak vs. one particular team. Beat Brady and his Ugg-loving, balding head into the ground any day.

YardRat
12-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Patriots. Somebody else can handle the Jets in the first round of the playoffs.

SpillerThrills
I have some close friends who are Jets fans so I would say the Jets.... but at the same time I hate Marsha Brady and the Patsies....

Electrici
Pats to break the streak.

justasportsfan
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
both

mrbojanglezs
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
the jets are so more easy to hate

SquishDaFish
12-01-2010, 07:52 PM

Thats what I say about the Cheaters I mean Wastriots

Joe Fo Sho
12-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope we destroy the Pats if I had to pick one. But I hope that we hit Sanchez so hard he gets Trent Edwards syndrome.

Novacane
12-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Brady? Bellicheat? These guys are VERY easy to hate! I'd want to beat the Pats and it's not even close for me!

Luisito23
12-01-2010, 07:59 PM
It's gotta be NE's cheating ass!

mrbojanglezs
12-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Brady? Bellicheat? These guys are VERY easy to hate! I'd want to beat the Pats and it's not even close for me!

eh bills fans flip out too much over the cheating thing they are dominant with or without tapes.

why do you hate brady? just because he is good? pfff

they are just a good team that always beat us because we are a bad team, thats the only reason.

The jets on the other hand are so obnoxious, I hate how mark sanchez is so overrated because he is just on a good team, I hate rex ryan more than bellicheck and I hate their constant smack talk

Cntrygal
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
If I can't pick both......

The Pats.

Joe Fo Sho
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
eh bills fans flip out too much over the cheating thing they are dominant with or without tapes.

How many Superbowls have they won since they stopped cheating?

Novacane
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Ryan is funny. If he was not coaching a team I can't stand I'd actually like the guy. BB is a grouchy jerk. Now if Ryan actually won a SB or 2 I may start hating him more but I don't see that happening cause you are right. His QB is overrated.

Why do I hate Brady? Cause he's a pretty boy :limp:

Joe Fo Sho
12-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Ryan is funny. If he was not coaching a team I can't stand I'd actually like the guy. BB is a grouchy jerk. Now if Ryan actually won a SB or 2 I may start hating him more but I don't see that happening cause you are right. His QB is overrated.

Why do I hate Brady? Cause he's a pretty boy :limp:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BUFF Bills
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
BOTH

Michael82
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Definitely the Patriots! I hate them more than I hate the Dolphins. I depise them and can't stand that smug look on Brady's face all the time and Belichick just pisses me off. I would love to get our first win in almost 10-years against them and hurt them for the division title. It would be awesome!

trapezeus
12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
this is a tricky question. on one hand i despise the pats, but i want to break that streak in a meaningful win in our favor. I want to win in week 4 and crush them as we reign supreme, or win in the end of the season and make the playoffs because of it and knock them out.

on the other hand, the jets winning a superbowl would be a nightmare for me in NYC. I have all my loser jet friends basically living the same life as me. no superbowls in their lifetimes, history of finding ways to lose. if the bills could stop their momentum, my life would be better. but i trust the jets will fall no matter how high they climb. It's just a statistical impossibility for them to win it all. or at least i hope.

So i reserve my pick until we play the pats. it really depends which one is in the driver seat and what beating them means. if it means they miss out on the playoffs entirely, i want to beat that team. if its just seeding and homefield, i'm not so interested. i'd just want another entertaining game.

kelly2reed4six
12-01-2010, 09:20 PM
If, hypothetically, the Bills could beat one of the teams atop the AFC East, who would you rather be a spoiler for?

For me, it's the Jets, but it is close.

Dude, this is a tough one. However I HAVE to choose the Patriots. No doubt I hate the Jets, but the Pats have owned us for most of the last decade. In fact, they own the current longest winning streak against a specific team. I would LOVE to see us come out an destroy the Patriots.

Oaf
12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Jets

CuseJetsFan83
12-01-2010, 11:55 PM
well considering the bills beat the jets last year.......... i'd have to say doesn't that streak that hasn't been beat since 2003 wanna just die already??

patmoran2006
12-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I"m old school, so if we win one more game I'll take it against Miami every single time.

Akhippo
12-02-2010, 12:49 AM
If we beat the pats, while it would put a temp halt to our struggles with them, it wouldnt make a dent in there season or hype.

If we could beat the obnoxious Jets and Sanchez, we could put doubt in there season. People will be all over them, wondering if they have what it takes to duplicate last year.

Also, the Pats undeated one loss season actually quelled some Pats hate.
Kill the Jets, let SD or Indy beat NE in the playoffs.

CuseJetsFan83
12-02-2010, 12:59 AM
If we beat the pats, while it would put a temp halt to our struggles with them, it wouldnt make a dent in there season or hype.

If we could beat the obnoxious Jets and Sanchez, we could put doubt in there season. People will be all over them, wondering if they have what it takes to duplicate last year.

Also, the Pats undeated one loss season actually quelled some Pats hate.
Kill the Jets, let SD or Indy beat NE in the playoffs.

duplicate last year... they were 9-7... this year 9-2

plus last year the bills beat the same "vaunted" jets in ot at the old meadowlands

Crisis
12-02-2010, 03:10 AM
i can't stand the patriots

i hope james harrison breaks his neck while decapitating (literally) brady

http://i55.tinypic.com/21odb0w_th.jpg

seriously....everytime he gets touched he looks like this

patmoran2006
12-02-2010, 05:37 AM
When I was growing up, I remember being 2-14 was OK, as long as you beat the Dolphins twice.. That was the philosophy at least.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 08:13 AM
How is this even close?

The Patriots have made our lives miserable over the past 10 years. While the Jets have generally been better than us, we've managed a bunch of wins against them in that span and even swept them at least once (maybe more- can't remember now) in that time period.

The Patriots have routinely kicked our asses for the last 7 years and gave us one of the most humbling defeats in that span (the Monday night loss). They cheat their way to the SB, which gives their douchebag bandwagon fans ammunition for the whole off-season. Brady is a pretty-boy whiner. Bellicheck is an ass. Wilfork is scum.

Don't get me wrong- I despise the Jets, and I'm a Notre Dame fan, so I would love to see the team collapse and Sanchez to fall flat on his ass. But at this point, I can't comprehend how any Bills fan would prefer a win over the Jets vs one over the Pats. The only logical reason is for Bills fans living in Jets country- I live out of market, too, so I know how it feels when the Buffalo teams suck and the local teams are doing well.

Pinkerton Security
12-02-2010, 08:19 AM
We've lost how many in a row to the Pats?? Id love to end that skid..Jets fans are annoying but Pats fans are often downright smug and I hate that..

trapezeus
12-02-2010, 08:40 AM
i want to end the skid in the most painful method possible to the pats. Just to end the streak won't do.

i need the pats to lose something more than just the streak. i want them to miss the playoffs. or watch us go in as a result. i want that first win to really mean something. i don't want the monkey off our back...i want to throw that monkey to the moon.

That's why i'm not sure if i want them to win this year or next. If the pats go on a little slide and then are on the cusp of not making it, then yes, i need to see the bills beat the pats. otherwise, i can be patient. i made it 7 years, didn't I?

psubills62
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
i want to end the skid in the most painful method possible to the pats. Just to end the streak won't do.

i need the pats to lose something more than just the streak. i want them to miss the playoffs. or watch us go in as a result. i want that first win to really mean something. i don't want the monkey off our back...i want to throw that monkey to the moon.

That's why i'm not sure if i want them to win this year or next. If the pats go on a little slide and then are on the cusp of not making it, then yes, i need to see the bills beat the pats. otherwise, i can be patient. i made it 7 years, didn't I?

What if losing to the Patriots has been a main cog in our playoff-less years? What if getting that monkey off our back is the push we need to become a powerful team again? What if, 2-3 years from now, we could look back on this year and the game where we finally triumphed over our Goliath as the turning point? What if beating the Patriots leads to a locker room full of guys who know they're ready to not just compete with, but beat the best teams out there?

I would love to have the streak broken in exactly the way you describe. Maybe a season where both teams enter the game at 2-0. The Bills go into the game being heavily doubted, having only beaten two lightweights, while the Patriots come off wins against the Steelers and Jets. The Bills stomp all over the Patriots and that's when they go back to being the 3-13 team from whence they came.

I'd love to see that happen. But those kinds of games have come and gone (the SNF game). Beating the Patriots is long past due.

If they don't beat them this year...OK, fine. I can live with waiting for the kind of game you describe. But they can't just wait around for it. They need to overthrow the emperor as soon and as thoroughly as they can (i.e. not just a last-second FG to win - I'm talking a 30-point beatdown).

CuseJetsFan83
12-02-2010, 03:17 PM
What if losing to the Patriots has been a main cog in our playoff-less years? What if getting that monkey off our back is the push we need to become a powerful team again? What if, 2-3 years from now, we could look back on this year and the game where we finally triumphed over our Goliath as the turning point? What if beating the Patriots leads to a locker room full of guys who know they're ready to not just compete with, but beat the best teams out there?

I would love to have the streak broken in exactly the way you describe. Maybe a season where both teams enter the game at 2-0. The Bills go into the game being heavily doubted, having only beaten two lightweights, while the Patriots come off wins against the Steelers and Jets. The Bills stomp all over the Patriots and that's when they go back to being the 3-13 team from whence they came.

I'd love to see that happen. But those kinds of games have come and gone (the SNF game). Beating the Patriots is long past due.

If they don't beat them this year...OK, fine. I can live with waiting for the kind of game you describe. But they can't just wait around for it. They need to overthrow the emperor as soon and as thoroughly as they can (i.e. not just a last-second FG to win - I'm talking a 30-point beatdown).

well cleveland did it with power running, and they handed NE a huge beatdown.... nearly did the same thing to the jets, but chansi stuckey can't hold on to the ball.

NE needs to get confused, and then apply pressure to brady.... after that it is cake.

woodhead has been a great addition, and of course branch/welker/2 rookie tight ends aren't a bad problem to have either.

gostkowski's injury actually has forced NE to play rather aggressively inside the 40 as well.... so take that for what it's worth

psubills62
12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
well cleveland did it with power running, and they handed NE a huge beatdown.... nearly did the same thing to the jets, but chansi stuckey can't hold on to the ball.

NE needs to get confused, and then apply pressure to brady.... after that it is cake.

woodhead has been a great addition, and of course branch/welker/2 rookie tight ends aren't a bad problem to have either.

gostkowski's injury actually has forced NE to play rather aggressively inside the 40 as well.... so take that for what it's worth

And those are two things that Buffalo absolutely cannot do to save their lives, careers, wives, whatever. NE is never confused by Buffalo, especially when Jauron was head coach, and seemingly when Gailey is as well. Though that was before our sudden transformation into a competitive team. We also are terrible at getting pressure, though hopefully Carrington and the younger guys can make some difference there.

NE's running game at this point is very underrated. I believe I saw a statistic saying BJGE and Woodhead have averaged about 5.1 YPC since Logan Mankins came back.

I don't think we'll necessarily be able to beat them this year, but considering how we've been playing to the level of our opponents lately, it's possible.

wmoz11
12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Pats for the block.

ddaryl
12-02-2010, 03:55 PM
we're going to sweep last 3 games against the AFC East

boo-yeah

Akhippo
12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
duplicate last year... they were 9-7... this year 9-2

plus last year the bills beat the same "vaunted" jets in ot at the old meadowlands

Im talking playoffs. I could care less about their season record. More than likely they will get to the playoffs. They almost got to the super bowl last year right? Thats the duplication I dont want to happen.

The Jets are becoming the hype machine the Pats use to be, and to an extent still are. Houston absolutely chokes and hands the game back to the Jets with horrendous defense, and the Jets gets the headlines for being a world beater. When NY is good the hype machine is 10x worse than when the pats or miami are decent.

Mad Bomber
12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
P-A-T-S Pats! Pats! Pats!

I hate them.

CuseJetsFan83
12-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Im talking playoffs. I could care less about their season record. More than likely they will get to the playoffs. They almost got to the super bowl last year right? Thats the duplication I dont want to happen.

The Jets are becoming the hype machine the Pats use to be, and to an extent still are. Houston absolutely chokes and hands the game back to the Jets with horrendous defense, and the Jets gets the headlines for being a world beater. When NY is good the hype machine is 10x worse than when the pats or miami are decent.

but see thats the difference from last year is they LOST those games.... atlanta they lost 10-7 because they couldn't cover tony gonzalez.... main reason there is "hype" is because they are winning. ugly or clean, a win is a win

G Wolly
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I've been confident since the beginning of the season we'll beat the Jets.

I still believe it.

CuseJetsFan83
12-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I've been confident since the beginning of the season we'll beat the Jets.

I still believe it.

yeah but at week 17 would it be worth it...

jets could pull a colts and lay down......... or they could be fighting for their playoff lives.... too much time between now and then