PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Pegula interested in buying Bills

Philagape
12-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Without getting too far ahead, sources said, he would be very interested in buying the Bills after the passing of owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr., now 92, if enough variables fall into place.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article271298.ece

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Terry P is my new hero.

Beebe's Kid
12-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Sweet hell...this might be the guy.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 08:53 AM
This doesn't make any sense.

We all know the NFL practically forbids an owner from owning another franchise in a different sport. We all know Ralph is 92 and in poor health, so a sale of the Bills is going to happen sooner rather than later.

Why buy the Sabres just to have to divest himself of them in the near future? Who the hell is is going to buy them if he has to sell them to buy the Bills?

M
12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
:pray:

mrbojanglezs
12-02-2010, 09:01 AM
What a great week for buffalonians! Terry P for mayor

RockStar36
12-02-2010, 09:01 AM

We all know the NFL practically forbids an owner from owning another franchise in a different sport. We all know Ralph is 92 and in poor health, so a sale of the Bills is going to happen sooner rather than later.

Why buy the Sabres just to have to divest himself of them in the near future? Who the hell is is going to buy them if he has to sell them to buy the Bills?

Doesn't the owner of the Bucs also own an EPL team or another soccer team?

And I would guess (or hope) that Pegula would be throwing his money behind an ownership group, but his main focus would be on the Sabres. He wouldn't be buying the Sabres just to sell them in a year and get the Bills. The NHL would never approve that.

mrbojanglezs
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM

wrong, you can own two different teams in the NFL if they are in the same market....

you can't on the otherhand own a hockey team in boston and a football team in buffalo, why jeremy jacobs would have to sell.

You can however own both the sabres and bills

THATHURMANATOR

I have never heard anything of the NFL forbidding a guy from owning multiple franchises?

Just not in different cities I heard.

mrbojanglezs

And I would guess (or hope) that Pegula would be throwing his money behind an ownership group, but his main focus would be on the Sabres. He wouldn't be buying the Sabres just to sell them in a year and get the Bills. The NHL would never approve that.

that might be a loophole with being across seas, idk

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 09:03 AM
wrong, you can own two different teams in the NFL if they are in the same market....

you can't on the otherhand own a hockey team in boston and a football team in buffalo, why jeremy jacobs would have to sell.

Yes... OP WRONG AAGGGAIN!

Johnny Bugmenot
12-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Not just "a" soccer team, it's the Manchester United, the most valuable sports franchise in the entire world (ahead of even the Cowboys).

Soccer is explicitly exempt from the ownership rules because of a lawsuit Lamar Hunt filed several years back pertaining to his ownership stake in MLS.

psubills62
12-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I believe Pegula could own the Sabres and Bills at the same time, as they're in the same market.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 09:25 AM

Link? Name one owner currently doing this.

Yes... OP WRONG AAGGGAIN!
once again... saying I'm wrong doesn't necessarily make it so.

The NFL doesn't officially forbid owners from owning other franchises in other sports, however, the NFL does have the right to vote on ownership and owners who own other franchises are far less likely to be approved. There is a reason why most of the current NFL owners had to sell their other franchises before they became NFL owners.

better days
12-02-2010, 09:29 AM

The NFL doesn't officially forbid owners from owning other franchises in other sports, however, the NFL does have the right to vote on ownership and owners who own other franchises are far less likely to be approved. There is a reason why most of the current NFL owners had to sell their other franchises before they became NFL owners.

Just because nobody owns a hockey team as well as an NFL team now, does not mean it is not allowed. In the Past, Wayne Huyzenga owned a number of different sports teams in Miami

I can't think of a single owner that had to sell a franchise that he owned in the SAME CITY as the NFL team he was looking to buy. If you can, please provide a link.

justasportsfan
12-02-2010, 09:34 AM

page 210 .

http://books.google.com/books?id=tiheH6mu-DAC&pg=PA210&lpg=PA210&dq=can+a+nfl+owner+own+another+sport+franchise&source=bl&ots=AHNF4aqZZT&sig=rxFQk1MEYcgHQCj1wg3dhj5XQNM&hl=en&ei=Dbz3TIGMMsOqlAei2siMAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=can%20a%20nfl%20owner%20own%20another%20sport%20franchise&f=false

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Just because nobody owns a hockey team as well as an NFL team now, does not mean it is not alllowed. In the Past, Wayne Huyzenga owned a number of different sports teams in Miami

I can't think of a single owner that had to sell a franchise that he owned in the SAME CITY as the NFL team he was looking to buy. If you can, please provide a link.

Except that he bought his 50% stake in the Dolphins BEFORE either the Panthers or the Marlins existed, so when NFL owners voted on him, he DIDN'T own any other sports teams.

better days
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Except that he bought his 50% stake in the Dolphins BEFORE either the Panthers or the Marlins existed, so when NFL owners voted on him, he DIDN'T own any other sports teams.

Well they didn't prevent him from buying those teams either. If it was against NFL rules, he could not have.

Again, name one owner that had to sell a team in the same City as the NFL team he wanted to buy.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Well they didn't prevent him from buying those teams either. If it was against NFL rules, he could not have.

Again, name one owner that had to sell a team in the same City as the NFL team he wanted to buy.

The NFL doesn't have the power to keep him from buying other teams after he owns an NFL team- they can't force him to sell. All they could do would be fine him.

As far as the owner that had to sell- I can't think of one off-hand and I don't have the time to look it up right now. But just because it may never have happened doesn't mean that the NFL permits it- it may just mean that the situation has never come up. There are only 32 NFL teams and they don't change hands very often.

RockStar36
12-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Why are we arguing about this? Someone has interest in potentially buying the team or being a financial backer for an ownership group to keep the team in Buffalo. This is GOOD news. Holy crap people.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Why are we arguing about this? Someone has interest in potentially buying the team or being a financial backer for an ownership group to keep the team in Buffalo. This is GOOD news. Holy crap people.
Because on here, if someone said the sky is blue, someone else would say it's green.

better days
12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
The NFL doesn't have the power to keep him from buying other teams after he owns an NFL team- they can't force him to sell. All they could do would be fine him.

As far as the owner that had to sell- I can't think of one off-hand and I don't have the time to look it up right now. But just because it may never have happened doesn't mean that the NFL permits it- it may just mean that the situation has never come up. There are only 32 NFL teams and they don't change hands very often.

In other words you have no evidence an owner would be less likely to be approved if he owned a franchise in another sport in the same City as the NFL team he wanted to buy.

justasportsfan
12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Allen also owns three professional sports teams:the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL),[2] the Portland Trail Blazers of the National Basketball Association (NBA),and the Seattle Sounders FC franchise (which began playing in the 2009 season) in Major League Soccer (MLS).[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Allen

HAMMER
12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Guys, Guys, Op knows everything, save your breath.

trapezeus
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
All I know is that Pegula is a very chantable name for when he makes all the right decisions to make the sabres and Bills winners.

PE-GU-LA!!
PE-GU-LA!!
PE-GU-LA!!

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Because it's only good news if it's realistic. What if he can't buy the Bills because he can't sell the Sabres? What if he has to sell the Sabres to someone who will move them to buy the Bills?

Some of us think these things through before getting all excited about something simply because it's what we want to hear.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 10:13 AM
In other words you have no evidence an owner would be less likely to be approved if he owned a franchise in another sport in the same City as the NFL team he wanted to buy.
And you have no evidence that it would be allowed, so you automatically assume that what you want to hear is true.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Because it's only good news if it's realistic. What if he can't buy the Bills because he can't sell the Sabres? What if he has to sell the Sabres to someone who will move them to buy the Bills?

Some of us think these things through before getting all excited about something simply because it's what we want to hear.
That rule was changed.

A person can own teams in other leagues as long as it is in the same city.

You are wrong on this one. The NFL now allows cross ownership

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Allen also owns three professional sports teams:the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL),[2] the Portland Trail Blazers of the National Basketball Association (NBA),and the Seattle Sounders FC franchise (which began playing in the 2009 season) in Major League Soccer (MLS).[4]

HERE IS THE EVIDENCE.... OP YOU WERE WRONG!!!

justasportsfan
12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
why is OP ignoring my links? :idunno:

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1997-03-12/sports/1997071110_1_instant-replay-allen-parcells

There is your link.

RockStar36

Dude, he isn't buying the Sabres simply to sell them in a year or two for the Bills. Golisano wouldn't sell to him if that were the case and the NHL wouldn't approve the sale. He's a Sabres fan and wants to own them. What sense would that even make?

OpIv37
HERE IS THE EVIDENCE.... OP YOU WERE WRONG!!!
Someday you'll have your own opinion and be able to make your own arguments instead of piggybacking on everyone else's.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
why is OP ignoring my links? :idunno:
Because it proves his wrongness YET AGAIN.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Dude, he isn't buying the Sabres simply to sell them in a year or two for the Bills. Golisano wouldn't sell to him if that were the case and the NHL wouldn't approve the sale. He's a Sabres fan and wants to own them. What sense would that even make?
That was the whole point of my initial post in this thread!!!!! Why would he be interested in buying the Bills if it would mean he'd have to sell the Sabres so soon after buying them?

RockStar36
12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
That was the whole point of my initial post in this thread!!!!! Why would he be interested in buying the Bills if it would mean he'd have to sell the Sabres so soon after buying them?

But it wouldn't. I think that much has been established by now.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Someday you'll have your own opinion and be able to make your own arguments instead of piggybacking on everyone else's.
At least I am not WRONG ALL THE TIME!!!

I did have my own opinion for this one as well.!!! THE RIGHT ONE...

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
But it wouldn't. I think that much has been established by now.
Yeah WTF is he talking about?

BillsWin
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I have been out of the Buffalo area for a long, long time and while Pegula sounds familiar I cannot place my finger on who it is. Could someone tell me who it is and why would he be interested in keeping the Bills in Buffalo if he bought them? Ties to the city? Investments in the city? Whats the deal?

trapezeus
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
i'm excited about the possibilities, but you know the frugal manner ralph and tom have run both teams have given us affordable tickets. maybe for a short time a new deep pocket owner would take it on the chin and keep tickets at the same level and pay big salaries, but at some point, its always the little guy who is asked to pony up.

I'm fine with ticket increases, but once our desired guy comes in, we shouldn't ***** about the price of tickets going up.

Philagape
12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I have been out of the Buffalo area for a long, long time and while Pegula sounds familiar I cannot place my finger on who it is. Could someone tell me who it is and why would he be interested in keeping the Bills in Buffalo if he bought them? Ties to the city? Investments in the city? Whats the deal?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article271298.ece

hydro
12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I am waiting for Op to own up to being wrong on this one. I am sure he will qualify it somehow though.

Philagape
12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
If Pegula buys the Bills and Sabres he'll be the greatest WNYer of all time.

That includes presidents.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I am waiting for Op to own up to being wrong on this one. I am sure he will qualify it somehow though.
Oh of course....

RockStar36
12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
i'm excited about the possibilities, but you know the frugal manner ralph and tom have run both teams have given us affordable tickets. maybe for a short time a new deep pocket owner would take it on the chin and keep tickets at the same level and pay big salaries, but at some point, its always the little guy who is asked to pony up.

I'm fine with ticket increases, but once our desired guy comes in, we shouldn't ***** about the price of tickets going up.

I can only speak for myself, but if I'm willing to pay what I pay for the product we have now, I'd also gladly pay more for a winning product.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
If Pegula buys the Bills and Sabres he'll be the greatest WNYer of all time.

That includes presidents.
YEP

better days
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
And you have no evidence that it would be allowed, so you automatically assume that what you want to hear is true.

No, you are the person making assumptions. You have no reason to think he would not be approved except what you assume.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I can only speak for myself, but if I'm willing to pay what I pay for the product we have now, I'd also gladly pay more for a winning product.
OH AGREED

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Because he does not have to.

I know this is a first - it ain't ever happened until today - but you were wrong.

better days
12-02-2010, 10:45 AM

Why would he have have to or want to sell the Sabres to buy the Bills?

It has been reported he can afford them both. He loves both hockey & the NFL. There are no rules in either the NHL or NFL that would prevent him from owning both.

Your thinking is faulty & not based on fact. It is totally realistic he could be the future owner of both the Bills & Sabres.

DraftBoy
12-02-2010, 10:45 AM
An owner willing to buy both franchises, keep them in Buffalo and spend more to win?

What's the catch? He's another Snyder isn't he?

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Why would have have to or want to sell the Sabres to buy the Bills?

It has been reported he can afford them both. He loves both hockey & the NFL. There are no rules in either the NHL or NFL that would prevent him from owning both.

Your thinking is faulty & not based on fact.

at least I took a second to think about it instead of just going "YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" like Special Ed because someone said what I wanted to hear.

DraftBoy
12-02-2010, 10:49 AM
at least I took a second to think about it instead of just going "YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" like Special Ed because someone said what I wanted to hear.

Your pessimism has reached new levels when you fail to admit you made a mistake. This is why you get dogged in thread after thread.

I know pot, kettle, black...I know.

psubills62
12-02-2010, 10:51 AM

Not sure if you follow PSU at all (I want to say you do, but can't remember), but he recently made news in September also when he donated $88 million to give PSU a Division I hockey team. They'll be building an arena and will start play in 2012 or 2013, I believe.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 10:58 AM
We all took a second to think and most of us had the correct thoughts!!!

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
That rule was changed.

A person can own teams in other leagues as long as it is in the same city.

You are wrong on this one. The NFL now allows cross ownership

I wasn't sure about this because I saw the story recently about the former owner of the Philadelphia Eagles and how he bought the Flyers and GAVE Snyder his shares of the ownership. He then started losing a lot of money and in order to keep the Eagles and not go bankrupt, he had to sell the Flyers. He asked Snyder to sell his shares (that he was given) so he could keep his Eagles and Snyder said no. So the guy went bankrupt and had to sell the Eagles.

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 11:36 AM
We all took a second to think and most of us had the correct thoughts!!!

you didn't know what your thoughts were on the subject until you read other people's posts to find out how you should think.

hydro
12-02-2010, 11:42 AM
And still no admission of being wrong. This is a new low Opiv...

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
And still no admission of being wrong. This is a new low Opiv...

Say what you want- I won't give Thurm the satisfaction.

DraftBoy
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Jesus christ...are you serious?

Mr. Pink
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
This is good news. It would be the first actual tangible showing that the Bills potentially could be staying here for the future.

And OP, dammit man, admit you were wrong!

Nighthawk
12-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Agreed...I'd also like to mention that we should probably let him close the Sabres deal before worrying about his next acquisition.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2010, 12:09 PM

What about the rest of us?

This might mean we need a new poll:

Who has the biggest ego - :opiv: or :db:?

DraftBoy
12-02-2010, 12:10 PM

:db: is :king:

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
you didn't know what your thoughts were on the subject until you read other people's posts to find out how you should think.
Nice try. Did you admit your incorrectness yet?

OpIv37
12-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Thurm ruined it for the rest of you.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Thurm ruined it for the rest of you.
No you ruined it for everyone with your incorrect and false thoughts and statements.

Michael82
12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
This would be awesome and it makes sense too. He's from Pennsylvania. Maybe he was the connection with Jim Kelly all this time.... :pray:

Michael82
12-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh and for the record, this all might be coming out right now because Pegula recently sold his business and is worth like $3 or $4 billion right now. He'd be a perfect fit! He lived in Buffalo at one point and his wife is from Western NY.

Nighthawk
12-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh and for the record, this all might be coming out right now because Pegula recently sold his business and is worth like $3 or $4 billion right now. He'd be a perfect fit! He lived in Buffalo at one point and his wife is from Western NY.

That's the only reason it's coming out right now...before he sold his business, he didn't have enough money to be an owner.

Michael82
12-02-2010, 12:46 PM
That's the only reason it's coming out right now...before he sold his business, he didn't have enough money to be an owner.
Exactly! Plus we are at the end of the year...maybe Ralph and/or Tom want to set things in motion before the taxes go back up next year.... :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Jesus christ...are you serious?

He is serious, and don't call him that, his head is big enough as it is. Don't call him Shirley either for that matter.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
His daughter was born here.

Cleve
12-02-2010, 01:05 PM
page 210 .

http://books.google.com/books?id=tiheH6mu-DAC&pg=PA210&lpg=PA210&dq=can+a+nfl+owner+own+another+sport+franchise&source=bl&ots=AHNF4aqZZT&sig=rxFQk1MEYcgHQCj1wg3dhj5XQNM&hl=en&ei=Dbz3TIGMMsOqlAei2siMAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=can%20a%20nfl%20owner%20own%20another%20sport%20franchise&f=false

Based on the rules outlined in that book, it looks like "Thunderbirds are go!" if Pegula has the means to buy both the Sabres and the Bills.

BTW, I think if this happens it would be AWESOME news for WNY fans of both franchises.

It's too bad someone can't convince Wilson to sell now.... why he needs to hang onto the team until he's literally on his deathbed is perplexing. He's not much of a fan, he's been a poor owner the last decade, and he clearly has had no interest in building a championship caliber team - his priority has been promoting non-football bean counters like Russ Brandon rather than building a winning team. That and saving money seems to be his only goal. He' have more money to enjoy for the remainder of his life by selling now.

Michael82
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM
His daughter was born here.
Sweet!

justasportsfan
12-02-2010, 01:19 PM
It's too bad someone can't convince Wilson to sell now....

nope. someone already started a thread about a billboard. Thats the start of something big. Watch

El Guapo
12-02-2010, 01:55 PM
It's too bad someone can't convince Wilson to sell now.... why he needs to hang onto the team until he's literally on his deathbed is perplexing.

Perplexing? Yes, someone please convince Ralph Wilson that he and his family should lose a hundred million dollars so you can be happy.
:deadhorse

This has been covered over and over again.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2009730#post2009730

k-oneputt
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
This guy could make me start to like Penn St. football.

McBFLO
12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Not sure if it makes a difference in this case (with them being a corporation vs. being an individual), but isn't Rogers Communications about to buy the Leafs, which would include the Raptors and then some soccer team or something? Also, the dude who recently bought the Rams, STan Kroenke (?) had to "sell" his ownership in either the Sacramento Kings or the LA Kings to his wife to enable him to buy the Rams.

Pegula would ABSOLUTELY be allowed to buy both the Sabres and Bills.

And whoever it was that said he'd be the best WNYer of all time? Agreed. 110%

SquishDaFish
12-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Cant happen soon enough

Nighthawk
12-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Exactly! Plus we are at the end of the year...maybe Ralph and/or Tom want to set things in motion before the taxes go back up next year.... :idunno:

I'd like to think so, Mikey...hopefully you are right.

Stewie
12-02-2010, 08:08 PM

I was going to pile on but dude you're doing a great job digging your own hole.

You are wrong on all counts so far. I haven't read past this post. Let's see how the rest of the thread pans out.

TigerJ
12-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Here is Brian Galliford's take (of BuffaloRumblings.com)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/ (fourth article scrolling down)

Highlights:
NFL rules do allow ownership of multiple sports franchises as long as they are in the same market.

Pegula has plenty of money, an purchasing the Sabres would tie up only a small fraction of it.

Reiterates that Pegula is a more passionate hocky fan than a football fan, though he does like football too.

To this point, any suggestion that Pegula has serious interest in purchasing the Bills is more speculation than anything else.

The bottom line is that Scott Pegula is certainly a viable option, but it's too soon to start counting our chickens.

Nighthawk
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Here is Brian Galliford's take (of BuffaloRumblings.com)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/ (fourth article scrolling down)

Highlights:
NFL rules do allow ownership of multiple sports franchises as long as they are in the same market.

Pegula has plenty of money, an purchasing the Sabres would tie up only a small fraction of it.

Reiterates that Pegula is a more passionate hocky fan than a football fan, though he does like football too.

To this point, any suggestion that Pegula has serious interest in purchasing the Bills is more speculation than anything else.

The bottom line is that Scott Pegula is certainly a viable option, but it's too soon to start counting our chickens.

Who cares what the Buffalo Rubble has to say...his opinion is no greater then yours or ours. Posting it like it is some sort of news outlet with insight is kind of foolish.

PromoTheRobot
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM

Check your facts before you rant. Wayne Huizenga owned the Marlins and Panthers when he owned the Dolphins. Paul Allan owns the Seahawks and the Portland Trailblazers. Malcolm Glazier owns the Buccaneers and the Manchester United soccer team. If the NFL forbids it they aren't exactly enforcing the rule, are they?

PTR

TigerJ
12-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Who cares what the Buffalo Rubble has to say...his opinion is no greater then yours or ours. Posting it like it is some sort of news outlet with insight is kind of foolish.Granted Galliford is not an authoritative source of hard newqs and information, but in my opinion he has a decent record of posting stuff that is fairly close to the mark. He is something of a blogger rather than a reporter, but if you don't value his opinions, you're free to ignore them, and me.

BertSquirtgum
12-03-2010, 02:11 AM

you can own two franchises if they're in the same city. how does it feel to always be wrong?

Nighthawk
12-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Granted Galliford is not an authoritative source of hard newqs and information, but in my opinion he has a decent record of posting stuff that is fairly close to the mark. He is something of a blogger rather than a reporter, but if you don't value his opinions, you're free to ignore them, and me.

I have yet to read anything remotely close to the mark from him...

DraftBoy
12-03-2010, 07:34 AM
I have yet to read anything remotely close to the mark from him...

Yes but the guy is on the grind and while he and I dont agree on much (specifically draft related) he's busts his ass and he deserves props for that.

ddaryl
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
page 210 .

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1997-03-12/sports/1997071110_1_instant-replay-allen-parcells

There is your link.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
you can own two franchises if they're in the same city. how does it feel to always be wrong?

You can also own another sports franchise if it is in a city where the NFL does not have a team. That is why the Glazers could get involved in soccer in England, or Paul Allen could own the Blazers (since Portland does not have a franchise.

Goobylal
12-05-2010, 12:19 AM
You can also own another sports franchise if it is in a city where the NFL does not have a team. That is why the Glazers could get involved in soccer in England, or Paul Allen could own the Blazers (since Portland does not have a franchise.
Yep, I was going to post this. Bottom line is that Pegula could own the Sabres AND Bills if he wanted.