PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Sources: Pegula interested in buying Bills

Michael82
12-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Forked from: Sources: Pegula interested in buying Bills (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3371325)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article271298.ece

This all goes back to what a lot of us have been saying. Sure there may not be anyone with enough money still living in Western, NY to buy the team...but there are a ton of former Western New Yorkers all over the country. And I guarantee that most of them are still Bills fans. Pegula trying to buy the Sabres and maybe the Bills is another sign that there will be people with enough money to compete with the people from both LA and Toronto to keep the team in Buffalo. They may not still be in Buffalo now, but odds are that they were in Buffalo sometime in their life. So stop worrying, everyone!

hydro
12-02-2010, 01:22 PM
There is always reason to worry. But at least now we have some hope. It didn't seem like this was even possible before this week.

justasportsfan
12-02-2010, 01:23 PM
So stop worrying, everyone!
the only one who's worried is the one who had to start another thread

Michael82
12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
There is always reason to worry. But at least now we have some hope. It didn't seem like this was even possible before this week.
Yeah it did. But everyone kept bashing the people who said it. They kept saying that Western NYers don't have the kind of money to buy the Bills. But the thing is, you forgot about the former Western NYers. The ones that lived here growing up, and then moved somewhere else to become very successful and rich!

HAMMER
12-02-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think it's so much an issue of WNY'ers (currrent or former) being able to afford. I see it as an issue of whether or not they are willing to keep the team in WNY. Can they get any public funding to help build a new stadium? Will they be able to charge higher ticket prices or will people stay away? There are a lot of people in WNY that have very little discretionary income. If you were going to invest a billion dollars in a team wouldn't you want the greatest return on your investment possible?

Ed
12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't think it's so much an issue of WNY'ers (currrent or former) being able to afford. I see it as an issue of whether or not they are willing to keep the team in WNY. Can they get any public funding to help build a new stadium? Will they be able to charge higher ticket prices or will people stay away? There are a lot of people in WNY that have very little discretionary income. If you were going to invest a billion dollars in a team wouldn't you want the greatest return on your investment possible?
I agree that for the Bills to stay in WNY they have to remain profitable, but if you are a billionaire and your only concern is maximizing your return on any investment, I think there are much better investment opportunities out there then buying a professional sports franchise.