PDA

View Full Version : Torbor IR'ed

Thief
12-03-2010, 06:03 AM
In other news, they are going to start using a 5 tight end base offense.

Bone
12-03-2010, 07:17 AM
how many years does he have left with the Bills? I like this guy a lot

Scumbag College
12-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Torbor had a damn good game against Pitt last week. There were times this year that he was invisible, but he came on as of late.

I think it means that it's now or never for Maybin to step in and show he can play in the NFL.

DraftBoy
12-03-2010, 07:39 AM
There are over 300 NFL players on IR as of right now and the NFL is looking to expand the season by two games...

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2010, 07:40 AM
There are over 300 NFL players on IR as of right now and the NFL is looking to expand the season by two games...

Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.

ddaryl
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM

once again we see profits are more important that the people. It's a disease !

ddaryl
12-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Torbor had a damn good game against Pitt last week. There were times this year that he was invisible, but he came on as of late.

I think it means that it's now or never for Maybin to step in and show he can play in the NFL.

Torbor like a handful of others on our D has gotten better the more time they've played. A real good sign for the future IMO

BillsWin
12-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Maybin gets a shot. He better make the most of it.

better days
12-03-2010, 09:45 AM

The NFL will have to make adjustments with an 18 game season such as increasing roster size (no more inactives on game day) & letting players come back from IR when healthy.

Nublar7
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
how many years does he have left with the Bills? I like this guy a lotGive him another season, then see if you still like the guy a lot.

T-Long
12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
They are 2-9. Maybin should be playing every snap from here on out anyways.

Beebe's Kid
12-03-2010, 10:22 AM
The best way I could put it, the last couple weeks was... "You know what? I do not hate Reggie Torbor."

I mean it. This guy is way more athletic than I would have ever imagined him to be. He was a very solid tackler, and was around the ball a lot. I was impressed with his speed, and just his overall presence.

I think he was invisible early on, due to the fact that he wasn't playing. Players tend to not make as much of an impact when they aren't on the field. That, in Buffalo-terms, means they suck and we need to move on.

I am not fully convinced that Reggie Torbor is human. He may be a cyborg, which I am completely fine with a cyborg at LB...I just would like a well maintained cyborg. With a name like Torbor, the question on him being manufactured is only escalated, as that is one of the best names to roll off of the tongue in a long while.

Ed
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
It sounds like Maybin has a big opportunity in front of him over the next 5 weeks. I've come to terms with the fact that Maybin will most likely never be the great player we hoped for, but it would still be good for our team if he could at least show signs that he has the ability to be a solid starter.

Thurmal
12-03-2010, 10:39 AM
They'll probably just play Coleman in his place. I'd like to see Maybin, though. He would've had a sack last week if not for that blantant hold.

justasportsfan
12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
although I hate the circumstances (coming in to replace an injured player) , I'm glad that our young players are going to gain some experience which will come a long way especially for next year.

patmoran2006
12-03-2010, 11:10 AM
It sounds like Maybin has a big opportunity in front of him over the next 5 weeks. I've come to terms with the fact that Maybin will most likely never be the great player we hoped for, but it would still be good for our team if he could at least show signs that he has the ability to be a solid starter.

No he doesn't, he'll just be active.
Coleman is starting in 3-4 base, Scott will see alot of action in nickel defense, and Moats will get more pass rushing situations.

Oaf
12-03-2010, 11:28 AM

Wow you really thought that? I thought he was completely awful. Interesting

HAMMER
12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
This defense is banged up, hopefully AP is not 100% or we are in deep schnit this weekend. Even w/o AP, Gerhardt will likely gash us.