X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: our OL getting praise?

man, that was a nice video. thanks for posting that. i don't have nfl network so i never get to watch any of this stuff.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Which is weird right? Baldinger is always ripping this team. So to see him point out key plays by the oline, actually give favorable commentary, and then predict a win for Buffalo over the Vikings of all teams is just odd, at least to me. lol That Steelers defense is probably the best we will see this year and our offensive line handled them very nicely. It bodes well for next year if this group can stay together and relatively healthy for next season. JMO
      Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 12-04-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

It's been years since I've seen some positive film breakdown!

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Baldinger never rips the team he always speaks the truth, he's a good analyst. The truth has been negative for the most part but look how quick he is to give credit and they only have two wins.

NFL Network has solid crews with weak links being Warren Sapp And Jamie Dukes, but Sapp is the worst.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

The o-line should be getting praise. They keep getting better. They could probably still upgrade RT, but I would be pretty comfortable going into next season with the line intact. They are young and should continue to improve.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
              lol That Steelers defense is probably the best we will see this year and our offensive line handled them very nicely. It bodes well for next year if this group can stay together and relatively healthy for next season. JMO
              And without our best... Wood!

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                And without our best... Wood!
                True. Yet, Urbik was solid replacing him. The o-line is quickly becoming the strength of the team.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                  • Jan 2010

what do you guys think about wrotto or howard starting at rt next year? or should we go after one of those prominent rt free agents ?

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

I think we are still in need of more depth and/or competition at RT.
                    I don't know who will be available as a FA at RT, although there will likely be a fair few, who are decent, simply due to how many FAs will occur this year, after so many ended up as RFAs due to the cancellation of the CBA.
                    If we can pick up a decent guy, I think you could avoid OT in the draft, unless someone fell into your lap.
                    I don't see any pressing need to try and draft an OT in the first 3 rounds atm though, and a FA OT, would almost certainly remove O-Line from the draft board, which isn't a bad thing at all.
                    Less areas of 'need' = better chance of picking up what you do need in the draft imho.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

I've been saying it for more than a month now, Bell is all we need at LT. The rest of the line is fine, the only place we need help is at RT.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

The part I love is the respect they give the Bills. And it wouldn't mean much if I didn't believe it, but I truly believe the respect has been earned and is deserved. This team is much closer than I would have expected to being a very good squad.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

I see our line in 3 tiers...

Bell
                          Wood
                          Levitre

Hangartner
                          Urbik

Wrotto
                          Howard
                          Wang

The unfortunate part of this tiering is that 3 out of our 4 T's are bottom tier. The good news is that IMO our 3rd tier is better than the lower tiers of the NFL... Jonathan Scott for example (who happens to start for the Steelers).

I believe we need to bring 1 or 2 T's in to push for those last 3 spots. We need players that can play RT and/or fill in adequately for Bell if necessary. I also believe we may bring in 1 interior guy. I like our guys now but I'm not sure on the contract status of Hangartner. Say what you want about him... But even if he gets pushed out by the Wood/Urbik combo, he'd make for excellent back-up at all 3 interior positions.

The only thing that would change my thinking here... If Levitre gets moved to RT and Urbik starts at G. In that event we'll want to look at beefing up the interior a bit.

Edit... Hangartner's under contract through 2012.
                          Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 12-04-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                            • Jan 2010

i wonder if levitre can play rt? im sure it cant be that hard, he played rt, lt in college...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                              i wonder if levitre can play rt? im sure it cant be that hard, he played rt, lt in college...
                              It is different in the pros. He is a little short (as are his arms) to play tackle in the pros.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X