PDA

View Full Version : our OL getting praise?

justasportsfan
12-03-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Playbook-Bills-vs-Vikings/b1651d70-089b-4003-941c-4742b361e26f

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
man, that was a nice video. thanks for posting that. i don't have nfl network so i never get to watch any of this stuff.

Extremebillsfan247
12-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Which is weird right? Baldinger is always ripping this team. So to see him point out key plays by the oline, actually give favorable commentary, and then predict a win for Buffalo over the Vikings of all teams is just odd, at least to me. lol That Steelers defense is probably the best we will see this year and our offensive line handled them very nicely. It bodes well for next year if this group can stay together and relatively healthy for next season. JMO

jamze132
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
It's been years since I've seen some positive film breakdown!

Buffalogic
12-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Baldinger never rips the team he always speaks the truth, he's a good analyst. The truth has been negative for the most part but look how quick he is to give credit and they only have two wins.

NFL Network has solid crews with weak links being Warren Sapp And Jamie Dukes, but Sapp is the worst.

mayotm
12-04-2010, 07:13 AM
The o-line should be getting praise. They keep getting better. They could probably still upgrade RT, but I would be pretty comfortable going into next season with the line intact. They are young and should continue to improve.

Yasgur's Farm
12-04-2010, 07:15 AM
lol That Steelers defense is probably the best we will see this year and our offensive line handled them very nicely. It bodes well for next year if this group can stay together and relatively healthy for next season. JMOAnd without our best... Wood!

mayotm
12-04-2010, 07:21 AM
And without our best... Wood!True. Yet, Urbik was solid replacing him. The o-line is quickly becoming the strength of the team.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
what do you guys think about wrotto or howard starting at rt next year? or should we go after one of those prominent rt free agents ?

Buddo
12-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I think we are still in need of more depth and/or competition at RT.
I don't know who will be available as a FA at RT, although there will likely be a fair few, who are decent, simply due to how many FAs will occur this year, after so many ended up as RFAs due to the cancellation of the CBA.
If we can pick up a decent guy, I think you could avoid OT in the draft, unless someone fell into your lap.
I don't see any pressing need to try and draft an OT in the first 3 rounds atm though, and a FA OT, would almost certainly remove O-Line from the draft board, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Less areas of 'need' = better chance of picking up what you do need in the draft imho.

X-Era
12-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I've been saying it for more than a month now, Bell is all we need at LT. The rest of the line is fine, the only place we need help is at RT.

X-Era
12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
The part I love is the respect they give the Bills. And it wouldn't mean much if I didn't believe it, but I truly believe the respect has been earned and is deserved. This team is much closer than I would have expected to being a very good squad.

Yasgur's Farm
12-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I see our line in 3 tiers...

Bell
Wood
Levitre

Hangartner
Urbik

Wrotto
Howard
Wang

The unfortunate part of this tiering is that 3 out of our 4 T's are bottom tier. The good news is that IMO our 3rd tier is better than the lower tiers of the NFL... Jonathan Scott for example (who happens to start for the Steelers).

I believe we need to bring 1 or 2 T's in to push for those last 3 spots. We need players that can play RT and/or fill in adequately for Bell if necessary. I also believe we may bring in 1 interior guy. I like our guys now but I'm not sure on the contract status of Hangartner. Say what you want about him... But even if he gets pushed out by the Wood/Urbik combo, he'd make for excellent back-up at all 3 interior positions.

The only thing that would change my thinking here... If Levitre gets moved to RT and Urbik starts at G. In that event we'll want to look at beefing up the interior a bit.

Edit... Hangartner's under contract through 2012.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
i wonder if levitre can play rt? im sure it cant be that hard, he played rt, lt in college...

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2010, 10:02 AM
i wonder if levitre can play rt? im sure it cant be that hard, he played rt, lt in college...
It is different in the pros. He is a little short (as are his arms) to play tackle in the pros.

X-Era
12-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I see our line in 3 tiers...

Bell
Wood
Levitre

Hangartner
Urbik

Wrotto
Howard
Wang

The unfortunate part of this tiering is that 3 out of our 4 T's are bottom tier. The good news is that IMO our 3rd tier is better than the lower tiers of the NFL... Jonathan Scott for example (who happens to start for the Steelers).

I believe we need to bring 1 or 2 T's in to push for those last 3 spots. We need players that can play RT and/or fill in adequately for Bell if necessary. I also believe we may bring in 1 interior guy. I like our guys now but I'm not sure on the contract status of Hangartner. Say what you want about him... But even if he gets pushed out by the Wood/Urbik combo, he'd make for excellent back-up at all 3 interior positions.

The only thing that would change my thinking here... If Levitre gets moved to RT and Urbik starts at G. In that event we'll want to look at beefing up the interior a bit.

Edit... Hangartner's under contract through 2012.Your tiering brought me to tears.

I agree that we need a RT draftee. There will be several option in the draft or through free agency. I dont see the need for 2, and I don't see the need for any interior guys considering the stack of them we have now. I think we just need to sort through the guys on the inside and figure out who we want to keep as the primary swing tackle/G. I think it might be Howard.

Yasgur's Farm
12-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Your tiering brought me to tears.

I agree that we need a RT draftee. There will be several option in the draft or through free agency. I dont see the need for 2, and I don't see the need for any interior guys considering the stack of them we have now. I think we just need to sort through the guys on the inside and figure out who we want to keep as the primary swing tackle/G. I think it might be Howard.I agree on interior since I found that Hangartner's locked up... But that leaves only 1 back-up inside unless some of our T's can help out.

The only reason to bring in 2 T's is to push the others... We keep 4, and Wrotto, Wang, Howard are not locks at this point.

X-Era
12-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree on interior since I found that Hangartner's locked up... But that leaves only 1 back-up inside unless some of our T's can help out.

The only reason to bring in 2 T's is to push the others... We keep 4, and Wrotto, Wang, Howard are not locks at this point.I just see Howard as a viable option for the swing tackle spot and has been decent when he started. I think the starters job is a hole and we need a draftee or signee to man it. I could see us doing both, so that would be your 2.

psubills62
12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Know what helps? Keeping them healthy. Yes, Wood has been out and we've switched around RT a few times this year, but the continuity has been 20 times better than it was last year.

Nighthawk
12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Baldinger never rips the team he always speaks the truth, he's a good analyst. The truth has been negative for the most part but look how quick he is to give credit and they only have two wins.

NFL Network has solid crews with weak links being Warren Sapp And Jamie Dukes, but Sapp is the worst.

Actually, Faulk is probably just as bad as Sapp...the guy is an idiot.

TigerJ
12-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I doubt the Bills will find a whole lot of value on the free agent market for tackles, but I would guess they might draft someone who could come in and compete. It won't be in the first or second rounds though, so it might be a developmental guy who won't in all likelihood be ready to start at the beginning of the season.

Goobylal
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
It will be interesting to see how/if Wrotto develops. If he does, that will remove another need for the Bills, allowing them to concentrate on pass-rushers (DE, LB), TE, and depth in FA and the draft.

HAMMER
12-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I doubt the Bills will find a whole lot of value on the free agent market for tackles, but I would guess they might draft someone who could come in and compete. It won't be in the first or second rounds though, so it might be a developmental guy who won't in all likelihood be ready to start at the beginning of the season.

Wang?

psubills62
12-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Know what helps? Keeping them healthy. Yes, Wood has been out and we've switched around RT a few times this year, but the continuity has been 20 times better than it was last year.

:doh: Feel free to blame me for this...me and my stupid luck.

BertSquirtgum
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
keep those thoughts to yourself in the future. thanks.