PDA

View Full Version : NFLPA - No football in 2011

YardRat
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/National-Football-League-players-union-advises-players-to-save-120410/?GT1=39002

The NFL players' union has advised its members to prepare for a lockout it expects to come in March, telling players to save their last three game checks this year in case there is no season in 2011.

In a letter to the players that was seen by The Associated Press, NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said the union had an "internal deadline" for agreeing to a new collective bargaining agreement.

"That deadline has now passed," he wrote. "It is important that you protect yourself and your family."

The letter was dated Wednesday, and copies were strewn across a table in the New England Patriots (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/new-england-patriots/67054) locker room during the media availability on Saturday. After a reporter asked players about the letter, a Patriots spokesman flipped the copies face-down.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello called the union's deadline "disappointing and inexplicable, especially for fans."

shelby
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh that would :shelby:ing suck!

ServoBillieves
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Finally a team with some fight, determination, and character has a year to put it all together, and they won't get the opportunity.

That being said, if the apocalypse is coming in 2012, I think and undefeated Bills group would be one of the causes :beer:

Buffalogic
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Lockout won't happen, guaranteed.

Nighthawk
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM

I agree...I don't think there will be a lockout...it would be a huge blow to the momentum that this league has built over the past decade.

SquishDaFish
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I really dont see it happening either

Buffalo Thriller
12-04-2010, 04:04 PM
No way it happens, no way

Novacane
12-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Who is going to blink first? Players or owners?

NOT THE DUDE...
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM
with the amount of money that would be lost there is just no way a lockout is going to happen, maybe it comes down to the wire but football will start in july at the latest..

hydro
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Owners have the upper hand in this and they won't be cracking. I know I wouldn't if I still got money from the TV contract even though the season isn't played.

Oldbillsfan
12-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Nice publicity stunt

Saratoga Slim
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Nice publicity stunt

exactly what this is.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh that would :shelby:ing suck!
My words exactly.

Ebenezer
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Owners have the upper hand in this and they won't be cracking. I know I wouldn't if I still got money from the TV contract even though the season isn't played.
If the owners still get TV money even though there are no games then the players stand exactly zero chance of getting anything.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree. It would cost EVERYONE more than they would want, and more than they can afford. It would be a lose-lose situation.

bigbry
12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I would pray for a lock-out if I were a Bills fan.

Michael82
12-05-2010, 01:56 AM
I heard the NBA might do the same thing.

Dujek
12-05-2010, 05:02 AM
The players' union is getting desperate, they know the owners have the upper hand and now they're throwing **** against the wall and hoping something sticks.

Just give it up and do a deal.

Dujek
12-05-2010, 05:03 AM
I would pray for a lock-out if I were a Bills fan.

You're just praying for a lockout before the Bills roll down to Miami and beat the hell out of the Dolphins.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-05-2010, 06:02 AM
this would never happen but this is such complete bs... who is producing the entertainment?? the players! why the **** would someone in capricious authority tell a producer of the good or service you cant have your money or league! **** capitalism!!!!!!

ddaryl
12-05-2010, 07:39 AM
It's going to happen. The players won't budge, and the owners sure as hell won't agree to a $0.60 from every $1.00 going to the players salaries.

The owners were ******ed for signing the last CBA that the only 2 teams voted no against. This time they have no choice but to hold their ground, so the only side that can blink is the NFLPA, and they're going to play hard ball for a year.

Here's what really needs to happen. The fans should boycott the rest of the season, the playoffs and the Superbowl and show the players and the owners who really pays the bills.

however most of the people are weak, have little backbone and will sell their souls to be entertained.

ddaryl
12-05-2010, 07:44 AM

the owners will not be getting any money form a TV contract if they lockout the players. No matter what the contracts says the networks will either negotiate a deal, or take it to the owners during the next contract to make up the differences.

The networks will be all over the league before they shell out 100's of millions for nothing.

Seriously do really see the networks just handing over huge monies because the owners locked out the league

YardRat
12-05-2010, 08:15 AM
If the owners go with scab players again, I'm signing up for McCargo or Maybin's spot on the roster.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 10:50 AM
the owners will not be getting any money form a TV contract if they lockout the players. No matter what the contracts says the networks will either negotiate a deal, or take it to the owners during the next contract to make up the differences.

The networks will be all over the league before they shell out 100's of millions for nothing.

Seriously do really see the networks just handing over huge monies because the owners locked out the league

This.

I don't know why people think owners have all the leverage because they're gonna get the TV money. Do they really not think what the ramifications will be if the Owners lock the players and collect the TV money with nothing to present?

The owners will stands to lose millions on the next TV deal if this is to occur.