PDA

View Full Version : Newton vs South Carolina

Buffalo Thriller
12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Boy is he putting up some numbers.

2 passing TD, 1 rushing in the 1st quarter.

YardRat
12-04-2010, 04:06 PM
He looks pretty good...

Ebenezer
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
What happens in four years when we find out he and his family is as guilty as Reggie Bush and his were?

mightysimi
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
What happens in four years when we find out he and his family is as guilty as Reggie Bush and his were?
I don't know if I'm the minority here but I don't think it is that big a deal what Bush did. None of that money ever helped him on the field unless he was using it to buy touchdowns.

I could care less if Newton took all the tea in china to play college ball as long as he produced in the pros.

HAMMER
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling Gailey would love to have this kid run his offense after some seasoning behind Fitzpatrick.

wmoz11
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm more impressed with Nick Fairley, tbh. This kid is a stud.

Buffalo Thriller
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm more impressed with Nick Fairley, tbh. This kid is a stud.

Is this a thread about Nick Fairley?

wmoz11
12-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Is this a thread about Nick Fairley?

I'm assuming that this thread is about Newton being a prospect for the Bills since we're in the Bills forum. Nick Fairley is more likely to be selected by the Bills than Newton. I think I'm right on topic.

You are a tremendous douche, though. So keep that up.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Is he a top 5 pick?
Would anyone be upset if the Bills picked him 5th overall?
I want to see the Bills pick defense but I wouldn't be upset with Green, Mallet, or Newton. Unless in 3 years they turn out to be a bust. Then I'll ***** about it.

Buffalo Thriller
12-04-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm assuming that this thread is about Newton being a prospect for the Bills since we're in the Bills forum. Nick Fairley is more likely to be selected by the Bills than Newton. I think I'm right on topic.

You are a tremendous douche, though. So keep that up.

I can be a smartass for you too?

T-Long
12-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Cam Newton looks like the real deal. Is he in the "Luck" category yet? No. But he is a different type of QB than Luck. He reminds me of Vince Young.

I do think the Bills go defense with the pick if they can't land Luck, but boy would Newton be tempting if he is there.

Ebenezer
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Cam Newton looks like the real deal. Is he in the "Luck" category yet? No. But he is a different type of QB than Luck. He reminds me of Vince Young.

That's worked out so well, hasn't it?

theanswer74
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
That's worked out so well, hasn't it?

if you like winning it has. Is Newton a head case? Who knows. But he only reminds me of VY in terms of running and passing production. Newton throws the ball much smoother than VY ever could. Many questions about VY side arm throwing motion in college. Newton has a flawless throwing motion.

Beebe's Kid
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Well we'll just have to have him ripped out of the league like Bush was...oh wait a minute...Bush is still in the league? It had no bearing on his NFL status??

Gee, you're right...what would we do?? I see two options...1. Defend him if henisnroing well for us, and basically look the other way, or 2. Piss and moan about what a bad person he is if he doesn't work out.

As far as comparisons to Vince Young, as long as it's I regards to his play and not his mental illness, that would be ok. As has been said, Newton has a much better throwing motion, but if you don't like him, that will not mean much.

Ebenezer
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Well we'll just have to have him ripped out of the league like Bush was...oh wait a minute...Bush is still in the league? It had no bearing on his NFL status??

Gee, you're right...what would we do?? I see two options...1. Defend him if henisnroing well for us, and basically look the other way, or 2. Piss and moan about what a bad person he is if he doesn't work out.

As far as comparisons to Vince Young, as long as it's I regards to his play and not his mental illness, that would be ok. As has been said, Newton has a much better throwing motion, but if you don't like him, that will not mean much.
The post was in reference to his potentially winning the Heisman and Auburn potentially winning the Nat'l Championship.

Ebenezer
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
if you like winning it has.

VY hasn't won anything in the NFL. Since the comparison of Newton to Young was made I asked how Young has worked out. Young is a bust. He won't even be on the Titans next year.

theanswer74
12-04-2010, 08:53 PM
VY hasn't won anything in the NFL. Since the comparison of Newton to Young was made I asked how Young has worked out. Young is a bust. He won't even be on the Titans next year.

A lot of QB's haven't won anything in the NFL, even more didnt win anything before 30 years old.

Vince is a head case. he had a chance to be really good, still does, but he cant handle when media, the coach, or fans push him.

As far as his play, he was getting better.

Figster
12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Chan Gailey could really work some magic with Cam Newton in my opinion.

tampabay25690
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Cam is becoming more interesting of a Pro prospect by the week....

kingJofNYC
12-04-2010, 10:51 PM
He's going in the first round, no doubt about it. Just how high is the only question right now.

With regards to Fairley, he looks like a promising 3 Tech, a guy who gets after the QB. If they're committed to the 3-4 for the future, I seriously doubt he's even a consideration. Sure you can move him outside to a 4/5 tech, ask him to eat up blocks, and free up others but it's not what he's done in the past. Why draft a guy and ask him to change who he is, to do what he didn't do? Really can't see us doing that with a 1st round pick, if we do take a look at him it's because we're going to play more 4-3 going forward.

SaviorEdwards
12-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Cam Newton is worth every penny Auburn payed for him.

Luisito23
12-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Draft him, and all defense.

Ingtar33
12-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Is he a top 5 pick?
Would anyone be upset if the Bills picked him 5th overall?
I want to see the Bills pick defense but I wouldn't be upset with Green, Mallet, or Newton. Unless in 3 years they turn out to be a bust. Then I'll ***** about it.

Newton is an atrocious Quarterback... well lets put it this way... he's a better thrower then Tebow... but Tebow was far more advanced as a passer then Newton is; you all know my opinion about Tebow... i don't think he was more then a round 3-4 player. Newton has shown me all the sophistication at reading a defense that a high school player would have.

He needs at least 2 or 3 more years in college before he's close to pro ready.

Jamarcus Russel was more pro-ready then cam newton. right now he's dominating simply because physically he's a freak... a man among boys (just like JaMarcus Russel did in college); he's accurate, and he's got world class talent on his team. all he's asked to do is run an option offense, where his pre-snap read is MADE FOR HIM on the sidelines (watch them as they line up, the whole offense looks to the sidelines for the presnap read); then he watches the defensive end after the snap for whether to run or pass. he has one option in the passing game.

Worse; he really only throws 1 pattern on time (a short post heck, it's almost a slant, to the left side of the field); the rest of the offense he runs terribly, hesitates and won't throw the ball unless the main target is completely uncovered and looking at him. In the SEC championship i only saw him go to his 2ndary target 1 time, the whole game. every other pass went to the pre-snap coach's read.

He has physical talent... god given talent that's simply breathtaking... but his grasp of the game is high school level at best.

Crisis
12-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Newton is an atrocious Quarterback... well lets put it this way... he's a better thrower then Tebow... but Tebow was far more advanced as a passer then Newton is; you all know my opinion about Tebow... i don't think he was more then a round 3-4 player. Newton has shown me all the sophistication at reading a defense that a high school player would have.

Jamarcus Russel was more pro-ready then cam newton. right now he's dominating simply because physically he's a freak... a man among boys (just like JaMarcus Russel did in college); he's accurate, and he's got world class talent on his team. all he's asked to do is run an option offense, where his pre-snap read is MADE FOR HIM on the sidelines (watch them as they line up, the whole offense looks to the sidelines for the presnap read); then he watches the defensive end after the snap for whether to run or pass. he has one option in the passing game.

Worse; he really only throws 1 pattern on time (a short post heck, it's almost a slant, to the left side of the field); the rest of the offense he runs terribly, hesitates and won't throw the ball unless the main target is completely uncovered and looking at him. In the SEC championship i only saw him go to his 2ndary target 1 time, the whole game. every other pass went to the pre-snap coach's read.

He has physical talent... god given talent that's simply breathtaking... but his grasp of the game is high school level at best.

Kind of offtopic....but this post just got me thinking what you thought of Vince Young when he came out?

mayotm
12-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Every Saturday, some college QB has a good day. Every Sunday, a thread is started stating how great that QB is and the Bills should draft him. It's pretty damn funny.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Every Saturday, some college QB has a good day. Every Sunday, a thread is started stating how great that QB is and the Bills should draft him. It's pretty damn funny.
Newton has had a great year.

mayotm
12-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Newton has had a great year.Yes, he has. However, I'd bet a majority of the people throwing around opinions haven't seen him play much. In addition, I don't care how good he's been. It's been one good year. I would be mortified if the Bills use their first pick on him.

Figster
12-05-2010, 09:27 AM

You honestly think Auburn has enough talent to be where they are today without Cam Newton?

He's like Vince Young, he's like Jamarcus Russell, he's like Mike Vick, good grief, If he was white he wouldn't be getting stereotyped.

Cam Newton is like Cam Newton and for him to accomplish some of the things he's accomplished with so little experience speaks volumes in my opinion.

Buffalo Thriller
12-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell were no where near Newton.

Figster
12-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell were no where near Newton.

I agree, and you could add Mike Vick to the list as well.

Figster
12-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes, he has. However, I'd bet a majority of the people throwing around opinions haven't seen him play much. In addition, I don't care how good he's been. It's been one good year. I would be mortified if the Bills use their first pick on him.

This seems to be the most intelligent and knowledgeable Bills forum on the internet from what I've seen.

I'll be mortified If we pass him up. ( unless we manage to snag Andrew Luck )