PDA

View Full Version : Eric Wood

HHURRICANE
12-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I have not been around much because I have been busy with work, etc. The Bills managed to pull me away the last few weeks and have made things interesting to watch.

My post is about Wood. His play has been horrible this year and he hasn't been missed since he's been out. Am I the only one concerned that he's just not that good? The line play has improved and I'm wondering why?

Thoughts?

YardRat
12-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't classify Wood's play as terrible, although there have been times when he appeared to be over-matched. Urbik certainly acquitted himself nicely last week, we'll see if he can do the same today.

bigbub2352
12-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I personally think that he is out of position and should be playing Center...i don't think his play has been as bad as Hangartner...especially in pass protection..i think Wood to center and Urbik stays in at RG...let Hang be the depth

Wood was the 2nd best Center behind Alex mack i believe coming out that year and we move him to Guard...makes no sense

Dujek
12-05-2010, 10:38 AM
His play was poor up until the bye week, but he's been solid, along with the rest of the line, since then.

As usual you just want someone to bash and have decided that it's Wood's turn despite the evidence.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Hmm I remember him completely handling Ngata in Baltimore.

Spiderweb
12-05-2010, 10:46 AM
His play was poor up until the bye week, but he's been solid, along with the rest of the line, since then.

As usual you just want someone to bash and have decided that it's Wood's turn despite the evidence.

Thanks. Many seem to place their one-sided emotional beliefs be true despite evidence and facts to the contrary. Just like with Politics. Grab a "belief" and run with it no matter how ridiculous it may be.

Wood has performed better and better each week from the season's onset. He's coming back from a horrific injury that has required him to have a few extra days off during the week just to be ready for Sundays. When he got his ankle rolled up on against Cinci, he was playing pretty well.

After the injury, I saw him on the sidelines apparently walking OK and he didn't seem to be that bad off. After the game, Gailey said he could have gone in a pinch if absolutely necessary, but now he's out again. Seems strange.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-05-2010, 11:12 AM
ummm wood has played well as a pass blocker and has graded out as the 3rd best run blocker in the nfl... not sure what you are talking about...

madness
12-05-2010, 11:28 AM
...and he's still not 100%.

kingJofNYC
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
LOL, he's been lights out since the bye week. Ngata, Suh were missing in action when they lined up against him. Try harder.

BillsWin
12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
He looked like a man amongst boys against Suh. I disagree with your assessment HH.

Wood has played well since the bye week.

Nighthawk
12-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Wood was playing well the weeks leading up to his injury, not sure what you were watching, HH? That being said, I still would like to see him moved to his natural position at Center.

Yasgur's Farm
12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Really HH? You go after our best O-lineman on a line that is quickly becoming dominating?

Is Kyle Williams your next target?

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Wood dominated Suh.

Did you notice that?

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I think Wood has been missed today.

At least a little.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Big oops on this thread.

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Big oops on this thread.
Epic Fail would have been a better description.

Mahdi
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I have not been around much because I have been busy with work, etc. The Bills managed to pull me away the last few weeks and have made things interesting to watch.

My post is about Wood. His play has been horrible this year and he hasn't been missed since he's been out. Am I the only one concerned that he's just not that good? The line play has improved and I'm wondering why?

Thoughts?
He is having a very good year. I don't know where you are getting that from.

The Warrior
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I miss Wood! Please hurry back ASAP. In fact he is one of the best for this o-line if not the best player the Bill's have on o-line.

Captain Obvious
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I have not been around much because I have been busy with work, etc.

Really..I thought it was because you were ashamed at Edwards being cut and Fitzpatrick being made the starter

TedMock
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I think "Wood has been horrible this year" is an inaccurate and unfair assessment. Wood definitely struggled a bit the first few weeks, but after returning from having his legged snapped in half that was to be expected until he started to actually get his legs back under him (no pun intended). Once he did, he started to play pretty well. In fact, I thought the last couple of weeks before he got hurt, he was really starting to play well. I still think that Hangartner is the week link on the interior and we obviously still need a tackle, but Wood, Levitre and, luckily, Urbik seem to hold their own.

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
...Wood was a beast after the bye week and everyone here knows it....since hes been injured our line has been noticeably worse.