PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why the Bills should not cut Leodis McKelvin immediately!

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Leodis McToast must be cut from this team now. Tell me why he should even be in the NFL.

Beat for a TD.
Fumble on the KO.
Interference.

Three mistakes to give them 14 points. Every week it is something with him. He must be cut.

Novacane
12-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I agree. Make an example that this BS will not be tolerated. The guy is as dumb as a rock. He does not learn from his mistakes.

Raptor
12-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Because this Cut him immediately **** is pretty ***** annoying?

Novacane
12-05-2010, 12:52 PM
He won't be a Bill next year.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Immediately?

Are you serious?

Sigh.

And you complain when others react like this?

No doubt he is having a horrendous game. But cutting him immediately is foolish.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Patrick Peterson!

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Immediately?

Are you serious?

Sigh.

No doubt he is having a horrendous game. But cutting him immediately is foolish.
It might be hyperbole but this is not a knee jerk reaction. We have watched this putz be bad for three years. He is horrendous every week. The guy could have been cut after the NE game last year and I would have cheered. The pick was as bad as Maybin.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Clearly he is related to Chris Watson.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 12:56 PM
He is horrendous every week. The guy could have been cut after the NE game last year and I would have cheered. The pick was as bad as Maybin.

Really?

You did not like him from the moment he was drafted. And he is not horrendous every week.

Cutting him after NE last year would have been stupid.

Take a step back. You don't like the guy. Fine. But you are much harsher on him than you are other players.

Novacane
12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
He is horrendous every week. The guy could have been cut after the NE game last year and I would have cheered. The pick was as bad as Maybin.

You could make the case he's worse than Maybin. Leoidi is out on the field hurting the team.

Ebenezer
Really?

You did not like him from the moment he was drafted. And he is not horrendous every week.

Cutting him after NE last year would have been stupid.

Take a step back. You don't like the guy. Fine. But you are much harsher on him than you are other players.
Because he sucks more than other players.

mikemac2001
ya lets calm down........how about he shouldn't return another kick ever?

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Because he sucks more than other players.
He has been better than Florence most of the year. Until the last two weeks Florence has been horrible.

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
ya lets calm down........how about he shouldn't return another kick ever?
I'm more than fine with that...he also can't cover anybody. What else is there for him to do? As Nova said, he only hurts the team by playing.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 12:59 PM
And the TD play was a perfect pass and catch. That was not as bad as the long pass or the fumble.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't expect Eb to be so reactionary.

One of the worst games ever though from Leodis.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
You can't blame that TD on Mckelvin.

that was all Florence.

clumping platelets
12-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Rice grabbed him on that 1st TD catch......that should not have been a TD, it should have been offensive interference

That being said, Bills should sit him until after halftime

Beebe's Kid
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Yobouty.

The Warrior
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
CB is a major need along with D. I have been saying the D needs help and I will stick with it as been saying.. 28 points. :(

Leodis needs to learn patience then he will become a good CB. Also learn from your mistakes

Tiburon1724
12-05-2010, 01:22 PM
and he lost the Pats game for us. I've always hated the idiot

Novacane
12-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Why keep putting him out there to return kickoffs? That's just bad coaching.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2010, 01:24 PM
and he lost the Pats game for us. I've always hated the idiot
He did not lose the Pats game for the Bills

The Warrior
12-05-2010, 01:26 PM
He did not lose the Pats game for the Bills

Well he did not help niether

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Cutting McKelvin immediately would be ignorant. Ever hear of depth?

McGee is hurt, Corner is hurt... We'd be left with Florence and Youboty as the only healthy corners? Serious?

Novacane
12-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I can't believe a guy that has done nothing for this team has so many defenders. Of course cutting him immediately is an over-reaction but this guy absolutely needs to be gone next year. He's just another round 1 bust.

justasportsfan
12-05-2010, 01:34 PM
The pick was as bad as Maybin.

holy over reaction batman

G Wolly
12-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Leodis McAssbag

Oaf
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
What happened on the first long reception? Was that on McKelvin too?

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Leodis is just another guy taking a roster spot. Unfortunately he's a guy who should be a difference maker because he was picked in Rd1.

mikemac2001
12-05-2010, 01:47 PM
nice pick

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2010, 01:47 PM
nice pick

Terrible interception. The guy has done nothing, ever. We should've cut him at halftime.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Leodis McToast must be cut from this team now. Tell me why he should even be in the NFL.

Beat for a TD.
Fumble on the KO.
Interference.

Three mistakes to give them 14 points. Every week it is something with him. He must be cut.
"McToast" :lol: I like it.

I was using McFumbles.

He's another Bills bust.

justasportsfan
12-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Leodis is just another guy taking a roster spot. Unfortunately he's a guy who should be a difference maker because he was picked in Rd1.

another Dick Jauron pick. How is it that it wasn't his fault again?

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 02:24 PM
another Dick Jauron pick. How is it that it wasn't his fault again?

I love how in your eyes Modrak Guy and Levy have zero responsibility in the bums that are on this roster.

justasportsfan
12-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I love how in your eyes Modrak Guy and Levy have zero responsibility in the bums that are on this roster.

Marv's only connection to Leodis is that he hired Dick who chose Leodis. Marv was gone when he was drafted. Nice try though.

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I can't believe a guy that has done nothing for this team has so many defenders. Of course cutting him immediately is an over-reaction but this guy absolutely needs to be gone next year. He's just another round 1 bust.

I said it was hyperbole but my point was that he is not good enough to return kicks or cover WRs. The guy has no value on this team except as a dime back. You were spot on when you said that he is a worse pick than Maybin because he is on the field and his play is actually hurting the team.

And I cannot believe the support that this guy has.

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't care if he was picked by ML or DJ or if every mind in the room agreed...the guy was not worth a first round pick...he might not have been worth a 7th round pick.

justasportsfan
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
you said that he is a worse pick than Maybin because he is on the field and his play is actually hurting the team.

he hurt his team today. Maybin cant even get on the field to hurt this team as Leodis did today

Mahdi
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM

Beat for a TD.
Fumble on the KO.
Interference.

Cut him???

He had his worst game of the year but he hasn't been playing badly this year. He has been good most of the time. This guy is still maturing.

Cut him? what a joke.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Marv's only connection to Leodis is that he hired Dick who chose Leodis. Marv was gone when he was drafted. Nice try though.

I'm talking about anyone on the roster.

No matter who it is, you say they suck because Dick Jauron chose him.

It's like Dick is your personal scapegoat for how bad the team was the past 5 years, which they clearly overachieved during his tenure.

If this year doesn't prove that, nothing will open your eyes.

YardRat
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Cut Stevie Johnson while your at it. Another drop, on his first attempt of the game, pretty much set the tone for the offense.

OpIv37
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Immediately?

Are you serious?

Sigh.

No it's not.

It's not like McKelvin has been great before this. He doesn't keep his head in the game and can't even win the starting job over the aging and oft-injured McGee.

The guy deserves to be cut for more reasons than just this game, but this game is simply inexcusable.

justasportsfan
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm talking about anyone on the roster.

No matter who it is, you say they suck because Dick Jauron chose him.

It's like Dick is your personal scapegoat for how bad the team was the past 5 years, which they clearly overachieved during his tenure.

If this year doesn't prove that, nothing will open your eyes.

I've alway said he's the MAIN/MAJOR reason. You only the other hand can't accept that. He's a MAJOR reason as to why Mckelvin , a player you just said just taking up a roster spot. i'm just pointing out he connection between Dick and LM ;)

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Cut Stevie Johnson while your at it. Another drop, on his first attempt of the game, pretty much set the tone for the offense.
The guy has had a rough two weeks but he was not a 1st rounder, prone to terrible mistakes (so far) nor has a track record of looking like a train wreck every week.

Oaf
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
We picked McKelvin to be a dual-threat, that's what he is consistently, to our special teams and defense.

k-oneputt
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Just another of the Buffalo Bills "were so smart" picks.

Ingtar33
12-05-2010, 04:12 PM
no ****. i wanted us to take Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie; and was pissed when the bills went with McKelvin over DRC. DRC has been to a pro-bowl already.

Mad Bomber
12-05-2010, 04:15 PM
We picked McKelvin to be a dual-threat, that's what he is consistently, to our special teams and defense.
I agree. He HAS been a threat to both our special teams and defense.

YardRat
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
no ****. i wanted us to take Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie; and was pissed when the bills went with McKelvin over DRC. DRC has been to a pro-bowl already.

I wasn't real high on DRC going into that draft....My bad.

Oaf
12-05-2010, 05:38 PM
When's the last time we've had a 1st round pick NOT be a liability for us? Evans, Lynch?

Night Train
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
McKelvin has talent but he does have a knack of making bad plays in critical situations and I wouldn't blame the Bills if they dealt him after the year.

Those like today just kill the team and it's happening far too often for a new coaching staff/admin. to trust him. They didn't draft the guy.

Novacane
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Maybe we could package McKelvin, McCargo and Maybin for 7th round pick.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Didn't DRC have a health issue?

Ebenezer
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
that is a terrible thought...

Dr. Pepper
12-05-2010, 08:53 PM
corners get burnt, it happens.... what shouldnt happen is him fumbling the damn ball every week on a return.... he should be off special teams immediately and permanently. let the dummy focus on defense.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Damn, stay away from players who has a M in the beginning of their name. You forgot Marshawn and Mhitner too.

PromoTheRobot
12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
CUT HIM NOW!!! ummmm, who is his back up?

PTR

BertSquirtgum
12-05-2010, 11:15 PM
mckelvin sucks. i haven't been decided on my feelings on this issue until today's game. today's game cemented my feelings on him. i can't understand why anyone is even defending him. he is 100% a 1st round bust.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Because our coaching staff and front office are not made up of childish, petulant fans?

dannyek71
12-06-2010, 07:20 AM
The guy is clearly a bust. Outside of LE, we haven't drafted a decent player in the 1st since the 90's

DraftBoy
12-06-2010, 07:40 AM
My preference on this pick is pretty well known, if you dont know just ask Doc about who I was really pulling for us to draft.

Stat Comparison;
DRC-44 GP 39 GS 128 tackles, 54 pass deflections, 12 INT's, 3 TD's, 3 FF
McKelvin-31 GP 19 GS 94 tackles, 15 pass deflections, 3 INT's, 2 FF

Ingtar33
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Didn't DRC have a health issue?

he was born with 1 non-functioning kidney... which was removed when he was young. he also played ball for Tennessee State University (a division 1-AA team)

That said he was a fantastic prospect, who was hands down the best DB in that draft.

Historian
12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
I gotta admit...McKelvin has me wondering.

He has amazing closing speed, great leaping ability, and good all around athleticism.

Unfortunately he has nothing in between his ears.

Sad.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Nobody saw the pass interference on the TD catch?

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
My preference on this pick is pretty well known, if you dont know just ask Doc about who I was really pulling for us to draft.

Stat Comparison;
DRC-44 GP 39 GS 128 tackles, 54 pass deflections, 12 INT's, 3 TD's, 3 FF
McKelvin-31 GP 19 GS 94 tackles, 15 pass deflections, 3 INT's, 2 FF

You neglected McKelvin's TDs, how many does he have?

YardRat
12-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Two...one KR, one INT.

k-oneputt
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
For being a top half first rd. pick he has underperformed.

Mike Williams, Whitner, McKelvin, Maybin.

Four wiffs of top-10 picks. Unbelieveable because that is actually difficult to do.

DraftBoy
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM

1 defensively.

trapezeus
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
DRC also has 11 kids that we could draft in the 2020 draft.

But Mckelvin did get pushed on the TD that he also came down with. That was truly a bizarre play. i've never seen anything like it. I would have been fine if they gave it to minny if he didn't interfere with mckelvin.

but mckelvin is showing signs of not getting it. There is simply no way that kickoff fumble should have come out. the way he was holding the ball so poorly. and that after the NE fumble and the punt fumble that florence dove in and got. He needs to be off special teams.

I can live with CB's getting burned. That happens. but constant fumbles out there. That's too much.

DraftBoy
12-06-2010, 11:01 AM
DRC also has 11 kids that we could draft in the 2020 draft.

You're thinking about his cousin Antonio Cromartie who has 9 kids. I dont know if DRC has any at all.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think McKelvin is great as a corner, but I don't think he is horrible either. I felt the first TD that Rice had should have been called pass interference against him since he tried to push McKelvin with his left hand as he jumped for the ball. I thought McKelvin actually played that OK and got his hands on the ball too, unfortunately, Rice made a great catch.

I also think McKelvin has been very good as a return man. He has had a couple of high profile fumbles in returns and that has hurt him. Obviously he was trying to make something happen in the return after the TD and coughed it up. I want players that are trying to make something happen. It is a lot better than running straight into a pile or running our of bounds at the first sight of an opponent.

Calling for him to be cut is borderline stupid and I am a bit surprised at who is doing that.

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't think McKelvin is great as a corner, but I don't think he is horrible either. I felt the first TD that Rice had should have been called pass interference against him since he tried to push McKelvin with his left hand as he jumped for the ball. I thought McKelvin actually played that OK and got his hands on the ball too, unfortunately, Rice made a great catch.

I also think McKelvin has been very good as a return man. He has had a couple of high profile fumbles in returns and that has hurt him. Obviously he was trying to make something happen in the return after the TD and coughed it up. I want players that are trying to make something happen. It is a lot better than running straight into a pile or running our of bounds at the first sight of an opponent.

Calling for him to be cut is borderline stupid and I am a bit surprised at who is doing that.

Clearly you would be surprised, as you grossly overrate McKelvin's contributions. He's been average as a return man, and when you throw in those high-profile fumbles, it makes him below average. It IS possible to try to make something happen without being sloppy with the ball.

And even if you give McKelvin a pass on that TD, he was getting picked apart before that. The only reason they were even in position to get the TD was because McKelvin wasn't playing defense.

The guy can't keep his head in the game and can't even beat out Florence or McGee for the starting spots. He rarely, if ever, makes big plays, and he makes stupid ones far more often than he should. I was on the fence with him before yesterday's game, but that was the last straw. Get rid of the bum.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 11:14 AM
You're thinking about his cousin Antonio Cromartie who has 9 kids. I dont know if DRC has any at all.

Admittedly, that is who I thought about at first too.

There have been some pretty good return men that have put the ball on the carpet.

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
If he does, I am sure he has some serious explaining to do to you.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Clearly you would be surprised, as you grossly overrate McKelvin's contributions. He's been average as a return man, and when you throw in those high-profile fumbles, it makes him below average. It IS possible to try to make something happen without being sloppy with the ball.

And even if you give McKelvin a pass on that TD, he was getting picked apart before that. The only reason they were even in position to get the TD was because McKelvin wasn't playing defense.

The guy can't keep his head in the game and can't even beat out Florence or McGee for the starting spots. He rarely, if ever, makes big plays, and he makes stupid ones far more often than he should. I was on the fence with him before yesterday's game, but that was the last straw. Get rid of the bum.

Clearly I don't listen much to one of the Bill's biggest critics.

He was third in kickoff return average his rookie year, yeah, that sucks.

mysticsoto
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
he was born with 1 non-functioning kidney... which was removed when he was young. he also played ball for Tennessee State University (a division 1-AA team)

That said he was a fantastic prospect, who was hands down the best DB in that draft.

If I remember, people kept saying DRC was too raw. DB and I were adamant in that he would be the better long term prospect...

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Clearly I don't listen much to one of the Bill's biggest critics.

He was third in kickoff return average his rookie year, yeah, that sucks.

what was that, like 3 years ago?

Sure, let's just sign everybody based on what they did 3 years ago and ignore the last 2 years. That makes perfect sense!

trapezeus
12-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Mckelvin has proved enough in two weeks that he shouldn't be out there. especially with the way chan runs the team. He holds people accountable. So why is leodis out there. Spiller needs to be out there, and roosevelt can get his chance. We are freaking 2-10. We need to see really what we have.

Somehow, CB is slowly becoming a position of need. I hate the idea of drafting a CB, but mcgee isn't here next year, florence i think is a free agent, mckelvin hasn't lived up to much to be our starting CB. I sadly think we need one. and i hope to god it comes through FA because i will vomit if we take another CB high in the draft again.

G Wolly
12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Nobody saw the pass interference on the TD catch?

I did.

But oh well.

We would've only lost by 17 instead.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
what was that, like 3 years ago?

Sure, let's just sign everybody based on what they did 3 years ago and ignore the last 2 years. That makes perfect sense!

2 years ago

broke his leg early in the season last year

didn't even return kicks until Spiller got hurt this year

Makes perfect sense, don't give a good returner a chance because he dropped a few balls. You would have probably cut Brian Mitchell and Mel Gray too.

G Wolly
12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Makes perfect sense, don't give a good returner a chance because he dropped a few balls. You would have probably cut Brian Mitchell and Mel Gray too.

Not just a "few".

Unless you mean a few game-changing turnovers.

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Here's why we shouldnt cut him...because its STUPID to simply CUT a player who is 25 years old, hasnt even played 2 full seasons worth of games yet, and has had a few good games. yes, he played terribly yesterday, but to say we should just cut him is typical over-reacting by Bills fans.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Not just a "few".

Unless you mean a few game-changing turnovers.

Yes, just a "few".

G Wolly
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes, just a "few".

The few that come to mind right away are last year Monday Night @ NE, Last week, and this week.

I'm sure there's a few more.

So let's say "several"

k-oneputt
12-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I think everyone knows he's not gonna be cut.
But if he can't hang onto the ball they have to get him offf special teams.

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
2 years ago

broke his leg early in the season last year

didn't even return kicks until Spiller got hurt this year

A few balls? The guy is now personally responsible for at least two losses. How many games are you willing to lose before you realize he's not the next Brian Mitchell or Mel Gray?

Makes perfect sense- hold on to a guy who looks like **** for way too long hoping he'll eventually become a superstar because he had "potential" when he was drafted.

Our team is LOADED with guys like that- Evans, Parrish, Maybin, Whitner, Poz, McCargo, McKelvin, etc. Keep defending them. Just don't complain when we keep losing.

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Here's why we shouldnt cut him...because its STUPID to simply CUT a player who is 25 years old, hasnt even played 2 full seasons worth of games yet, and has had a few good games. yes, he played terribly yesterday, but to say we should just cut him is typical over-reacting by Bills fans.

actually, what you're doing here is the typical UNDER-reaction by Bills fans. It's this kind of mentality that has led to holding onto players who have never lived up to the hype, like Evans, Parrish, Maybin, Whitner, Poz, McCargo, McKelvin etc.

Bills fans keep defending mediocrity and I just can't understand why.

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
A few balls? The guy is now personally responsible for at least two losses. How many games are you willing to lose before you realize he's not the next Brian Mitchell or Mel Gray?

Makes perfect sense- hold on to a guy who looks like **** for way too long hoping he'll eventually become a superstar because he had "potential" when he was drafted.

Our team is LOADED with guys like that- Evans, Parrish, Maybin, Whitner, Poz, McCargo, McKelvin, etc. Keep defending them. Just don't complain when we keep losing.

Way too long? He has been a starter for how long? And yeah, why would we want players with potential on our team, we are in perfect position to WIN RIGHT NOW!! Oh wait we're 2-10 and Terrence McGee is falling apart, so lets get rid of the only young CB we have who has shown much promise outside of being a solid Nickel guy like Reggie Corner.

Soooo sick of people overreacting with every single thing that happens.

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
actually, what you're doing here is the typical UNDER-reaction by Bills fans. It's this kind of mentality that has led to holding onto players who have never lived up to the hype, like Evans, Parrish, Maybin, Whitner, Poz, McCargo, McKelvin etc.

Bills fans keep defending mediocrity and I just can't understand why.

A few notes:

1. There is a difference between living up to hype and being good enough to play - especially in instances of the hype being too much. Somebody like Evans or Whitner or Poz are decent players who might have had too much hype.

2. Putting those 3 players, as well as Roscoe in the same discussion and to make the same point as Maybin or McCargo is ridiculous!

C'mon man.

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Way too long? He has been a starter for how long? And yeah, why would we want players with potential on our team, we are in perfect position to WIN RIGHT NOW!! Oh wait we're 2-10 and Terrence McGee is falling apart, so lets get rid of the only young CB we have who has shown much promise outside of being a solid Nickel guy like Reggie Corner.

Soooo sick of people overreacting with every single thing that happens.

he hasn't been a starter because he can't even crack the starting lineup over the aging, often-injured McGee! Do you see the ****ing problem here yet?

Potential is just a fancy word for "hasn't done **** yet." When a player has been in the league for nearly 3 seasons and the best thing you have to say about him is that he has "potential," that's the sign of a huge problem.

I'm so sick of people defending the players on this team who are keeping us from winning because some draftnik said they had "potential" 3 or 4 years ago.

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
he hasn't been a starter because he can't even crack the starting lineup over the aging, often-injured McGee! Do you see the ****ing problem here yet?

Potential is just a fancy word for "hasn't done **** yet." When a player has been in the league for nearly 3 seasons and the best thing you have to say about him is that he has "potential," that's the sign of a huge problem.

I'm so sick of people defending the players on this team who are keeping us from winning because some draftnik said they had "potential" 3 or 4 years ago.

So you would rather start who, exactly, over McKelvin? And next year when McGee gets hurt again?

I am all for drafting a CB next year because McKelvin isnt playing well right now. I am not defending McKelvin as much as I am saying we dont have anyone better right now, so why cut him now?

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
So you would rather start who, exactly, over McKelvin? And next year when McGee gets hurt again?

I am all for drafting a CB next year because McKelvin isnt playing well right now. I am not defending McKelvin as much as I am saying we dont have anyone better right now, so why cut him now?

That is true- we don't have anyone better right now.

The only real purpose in cutting him now would be to send a statement. This season is a lost cause, and honestly, I don't see us being that much worse without him. Corner isn't nearly as athletic but he does seem to do a better job of keeping his head in the game.

mysticsoto
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM

Op, I agree that he was terrible this past game and has looked pretty bad this season. But remember that he's only played in the Cover 2 since he got here. It is a transition for him and he is still young. Do I think he's playing at a level commensurate with where he was drafted? Hell no! Does that mean he should be cut? Same answer. He is still good as a nickel CB or backup and still has the opportunity to improve. And unlike others that we have - like McCargo, who has likely shown us his best already, McKelvin has had good games every now and then also. So it's not that he's a total failure. My guess is that he hasn't completely transitioned to the new scheme and needs to focus more on it.

Keep in mind also that our front 7 aren't great and don't put enough pressure on QBs most of the time either. That's going to put added pressure on our CBs...that should lessen if we improve our pass rush.

User Manuel
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Beat for a TD.
Fumble on the KO.
Interference.

Because that would be stupid, Eb. The man has loads of talent...he basically mised his full 2nd season. Relax......you'll thank him when we are picking in the top 3 at the draft.

Ebenezer
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Because that would be stupid, Eb. The man has loads of talent...he basically mised his full 2nd season. Relax......you'll thank him when we are picking in the top 3 at the draft.
Fine, pick 3rd...then cut him...rofl

BillsFever21
12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Just another wasted Bills 1st round draft pick. His 3rd year in the league as a Top 10 CB he should be better then this. There were many good CB's if they wanted one and we had 1st choice and ended up with the worse of them in that range.

He hasn't done anything. His rookie year was nothing special and was injured his 2nd season. You would think going into his 3rd year he would be showing more if he was a quality starting CB in the NFL. Chalk him up with the rest of our wasted 1st round picks in the past decade.

With that said I wouldn't cut him though. He still has a couple more years left on his contract. Lets hope he shows some improvement. With him entering his 4th season next year he doesn't look like a starter. Even if he turned it around we would not get our net worth out of him. His 1st three years have been a waste.

kingJofNYC
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Greer and McGee received all of the playing time his first year, IR year 2.

Look at Talib, his first two seasons he wasn't very good, especially last season. He was constantly picked on, he just couldn't get it together. This year, he stepped up his game and was doing quite well before going on IR.

McKelvin has the tools, hopefully he finds his way. Greer was awful before the 2007 season, now he's one of the best in the league. Sometimes it takes a bit more time, even for 1st rounders. Asomugha wasn't very good his first few years in the league, granted he was transition from FS to CB, but when it clicked he became a great player.

Not saying McKelvin is destined for greatness, but he also shouldn't be discarded so easily.