PDA

View Full Version : Luck, Mallet, Locker or Newton better be drafted

BuffaloBlitz83
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
At least One of them. Preferably Luck of course!

We need a QB of future. Fitz is Fitz

TacklingDummy
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
38 points

kingJofNYC
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Panthers are killing the Seahawks on the ground. There run D looks as about as bad as the Bills.

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
As long as we can get one of them in the 3 round or later.

HopefulBillsFan
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I want Newton.

JCBills
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Ah yes, because our inability to stop any RB has no impact on how our team is able to perform whatsoever.

Allowing 31 PPG has nothing to do with our inability to win games, right?

kingJofNYC
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Offense was just as bad as the D, maybe more so. D was on the field all day because we turned the ball over all day. We couldn't block their 4 with our 5, had to keep backs and TEs in, and they still managed pressure with just 4. Hard to win games when you're max protecting all game against a 4 man rush.

We got whooped up front on O, injuries had something to do with that. Regardless, we need a QB of the future, and if the right one is there we take him.

I think there's virtually no way the Panthes lose today, not with the way their front 5 is blocking the Seahawks right now.

Nighthawk
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
As long as we can get one of them in the 3 round or later.

You're on crack if you don't want the Bills to take Luck if they have the chance.

YardRat
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
If any of them can play in the trenches and handle the likes of Allen, Edwards and Edwards, I'm all for it.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Luck in round 1 if he's avail. No questions asked

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
You're on crack if you don't want the Bills to take Luck if they have the chance.

Well, I was assuming Luck will be gone. I don't think our biggest need is QB though.

don137
12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I wonder if there is a chance one of them would fall to the second round and the Bills could draft one of them.

Figster
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I want Newton.

I want Andrew Luck first and foremost, then Newton, and Mallet in that order.

T-Long
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Luck if he is there, if not, GO DEFENSE. I am tired of seeing this team run over

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Precisely.......:rockout:

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2010, 08:26 AM
38 points
7 points

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2010, 08:30 AM
If we cant get Luck, then there's no way I want Mallet, Locker or Newton in round 1, and only Newton would even be worth a Round 2 pick, IMO. Locker especially I dont want the Bills touching with a ten foot pole unless its in round 3 or later.

Figster
12-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Ah yes, because our inability to stop any RB has no impact on how our team is able to perform whatsoever.

Allowing 31 PPG has nothing to do with our inability to win games, right?

Time of possession and costly turnovers is also part of the problem. Teams run on us more because they know its dangerous to pass.

In most of the games that the defense has kept it close what did they get in return?

The defense depends on our offense to score the winning points in crunch time and so far it hasn't happened and part of the problem is our QB.

I appreciate what Ryan Fitzpatrick has done, but we could never win a Superbowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm and that is the ultimate goal.

Figster
12-06-2010, 10:44 AM
If we cant get Luck, then there's no way I want Mallet, Locker or Newton in round 1, and only Newton would even be worth a Round 2 pick, IMO. Locker especially I dont want the Bills touching with a ten foot pole unless its in round 3 or later.

Luck, Mallet and Newton will all go in the first and finding/ drafting our QB of the future is (or should be) a top priority.

So why in the world would we not draft Newton or Mallet?

The Buffalo Bills do not have the luxury of picking the best athlete available like the Spiller pick in my opinion.

trapezeus
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Bills defense gave up another 200+ yard game for the 6th time in this season
Bills defense gave up 30+ points for the 7th time in 11 games.

The fitz lead bills had a 2nd miserable offensive outing in 9 games. the line was totally f'd up.

I think fitz is the stop gap. i think the bills need an NFL caliber defense. I'm even willing to settle for a 31st ranked defense, because currently we are beyond awful.

Mike13
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Mallet is legally ******ed.

JCBills
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Time of possession and costly turnovers is also part of the problem. Teams run on us more because they know its dangerous to pass.

In most of the games that the defense has kept it close what did they get in return?

The defense depends on our offense to score the winning points in crunch time and so far it hasn't happened and part of the problem is our QB.

I appreciate what Ryan Fitzpatrick has done, but we could never win a Superbowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm and that is the ultimate goal.

When a QB doesn't feel like they have to claw back from the depths of a 3 score deficit, some of those throws will disappear, and a smart player like Fitz can take what is given to him, not think they have to force something to happen.

Figster
12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
When a QB doesn't feel like they have to claw back from the depths of a 3 score deficit, some of those throws will disappear, and a smart player like Fitz can take what is given to him, not think they have to force something to happen.

Fitz isn't a so called smart QB that takes what the defense gives him, (I'm not saying Fitz doesn't have a high IQ)

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a career 41 TD's, 38 INT's and has fumbled the ball 22 times

Some folks seem to think because we have big problems with the defenses ability stopping the run we should ignore the QB play.

Is Fitz Buffalo's worse problem? No, but it sure doesn't mean we shouldn't try to upgrade the position considering how important it is to the football team.

trapezeus
12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
i just think there are more "can't miss defensive guys early, than QBs" and i don't think Chan is going to run an andrew luck out there. so it'll be another "we need to develop him player."

if you can stop points from going up on the board, you don't need much more than sure and steady wins the race.

yes, fitz has some awful plays, and if there awas a ready QB in free agency out there, i'd say pursue him. but the defense is in much worse shape.

better days
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM

Well some teams have won the Super Bowl with QB's no better than Fitz IMO. The NY Giants & Ravens are two that come to mind.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Well some teams have won the Super Bowl with QB's no better than Fitz IMO. The NY Giants & Ravens are two that come to mind.
RARE exceptions........:nervous:

NOT THE DUDE...
12-06-2010, 12:36 PM
we are probably not going to get the number 1 pick so luck is out of the question, more likely we pick 4-7. if gailey and nix think cam newton,( my 2nd rated qb), can be a franchise qb and make a huge difference than fine they should take him. i wouldnt do it, but i woulnt be mad. it would be exciting.

i personally would take in this order

1 fairley
2 dareus
3 kerrigan
4 allen bailey
5 clayborn

DraftBoy
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
we are probably not going to get the number 1 pick so luck is out of the question, more likely we pick 4-7. if gailey and nix think cam newton,( my 2nd rated qb), can be a franchise qb and make a huge difference than fine they should take him. i wouldnt do it, but i woulnt be mad. it would be exciting.

i personally would take in this order

1 fairley
2 dareus
3 kerrigan
4 allen bailey
5 clayborn

3 out of your 5 are all better fits in a 4-3 than a 3-4.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
3 out of your 5 are all better fits in a 4-3 than a 3-4.

DAREUS OR CLAYBORN THEN... 34DE IS A MUST!

ive seen kerrigan stand up, he can play 34olb...jmo

Whysoserious?
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
It is not certain that one of those 4 QBs will not be around. QBs, more than any other, slip.

Whysoserious?
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Stay away from Clayborn.

J.J. Watt on the other hand. 2011

psubills62
12-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Don't worry BB83, all of those guys will be drafted, I guarantee it. Maybe not to the Bills, but they will get drafted.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Don't worry BB83, all of those guys will be drafted, I guarantee it. Maybe not to the Bills, but they will get drafted.

hardy har har flamer