PDA

View Full Version : Can we create a Brohm Zone?

more cowbell
12-05-2010, 04:45 PM
So I don't have to come on here and read idiotic theories on why this loser should play EVERY single day?

mikemac2001
12-05-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks for adding to the brohm zone......makes a lot of sense to bash brohm threads then create one.

Buffalo Thriller
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Then we should make Fitzpatrick thread so we can pretend how great he is.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Don't worry Brohm won't even be in the league next year.

more cowbell
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
thanks for adding to the brohm zone......makes a lot of sense to bash brohm threads then create one.

I thought it was a good idea, thanks for the compliment

more cowbell
12-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Then we should make Fitzpatrick thread so we can pretend how great he is.

Who has ever said Fitzpatrick is great?

Michael82
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Who has ever said Fitzpatrick is great?

A lot of people are praising the guy and saying that he's the guy that can lead our team to the playoffs and beyond. A bunch of people also believe that he's the QB of the future and we don't need to draft a QB. I'm sorry, but I don't see it.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM
A lot of people are praising the guy and saying that he's the guy that can lead our team to the playoffs and beyond. A bunch of people also believe that he's the QB of the future and we don't need to draft a QB. I'm sorry, but I don't see it.

Well said

Buffalo Thriller
12-05-2010, 05:02 PM
He will never take this team to the playoffs, so why do people back him up. I dont get it.

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM

Who is saying that?

My take is that the people who like Fitz just think he's capable of being a decent QB option while we have other needs to fix that are more important to this team.

more cowbell

QB of the Future and a QB who can lead a team to the playoffs also has something to do with the supporting cast. People seem to forget we have the worst defense in the entire league, and a complete joke of an offensive line.

Is Fitzpatrick going to take this team to the playoffs next year? No...but it won't be his fault...the entire roster is way too young and lacking talent.

Will Brian Brohm take this team to the playoffs? No...see Fitzpatrick

Will a Rookie QB take this team to the playoffs? No...see Fitzpatrick, and Brohm.

Mr. Pink
He will never take this team to the playoffs, so why do people back him up. I dont get it.

As this team is assembled right now, Peyton Manning wouldn't either.

more cowbell

You're right, Brian Brohm would though

Oaf
12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
A lot of people are praising the guy and saying that he's the guy that can lead our team to the playoffs and beyond.

Who? :withmom:

Albany,n.y.
12-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Brohm will be MVP next year.....................................................................................

of the UFL.

JCBills
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
You see it every day? I actually haven't seen any mention of Brohm for a few weeks until today, what are you looking at?

mikemac2001
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
You see it every day? I actually haven't seen any mention of Brohm for a few weeks until today, what are you looking at?

*****es like to *****

i have been actually surprised and impressed by fitz and i was all about giving brohm a shot

but today everyone was bad, the oline was the worst

psubills62
12-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure justa's tongue-in-cheek thread was the first I've seen in weeks/months.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Ah, just another excuse for a man who thinks that the same coaching staff that so brilliantly evaluated Trent Edwards as the team's best quarterback before the first preseason game was even played can be trusted on the judgment of what they have in Brian Brohm.

justasportsfan
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Ah, just another excuse for a man who thinks that the same coaching staff that so brilliantly evaluated Trent Edwards as the team's best quarterback before the first preseason game was even played can be trusted on the judgment of what they have in Brian Brohm.

so maybe we should start Brohm. It wasn't until we played Fitz that we found out that he was better than Trent. Maybe if we play Brohm he might be better than Fitz. :couch:

T-Long
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
If Brohm had come out following his junior season, he could have been the #1 overall pick. The kid has talent, but I am not so sure if it will transfer to the NFL. He hasn't really gotten a shot yet, so it's uneducated to say the guy can lead the team to the playoffs or flat out stink. None of us know that. All we know is that he didn't win the QB competition before 2010. You can't judge him on the Atlanta game last year because he didn't have a chance in hell to do anything substantial in that game. I see no reason why he can't at least compete for the backup job next season with Fitz and the rookie QB we will probably draft.

psubills62
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Considering they cut Edwards just 2 weeks after the season started, it's clear that they simply wanted to find out what he could do in Gailey's system. Edwards was always a better practice QB than game-time QB, and considering his really, really short leash, I have a feeling the coaches were simply hoping for more but not really expecting it.

psubills62
12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
If Brohm had come out following his junior season, he could have been the #1 overall pick. The kid has talent, but I am not so sure if it will transfer to the NFL. He hasn't really gotten a shot yet, so it's uneducated to say the guy can lead the team to the playoffs or flat out stink. None of us know that. All we know is that he didn't win the QB competition before 2010. You can't judge him on the Atlanta game last year because he didn't have a chance in hell to do anything substantial in that game. I see no reason why he can't at least compete for the backup job next season with Fitz and the rookie QB we will probably draft.

It intrigued me that, during the preseason, Gailey said that Brohm was great at reading defenses, but had some accuracy issues. It seems that how much he can improve that accuracy is going to be the main issue, because it seems that reading defenses is something we haven't had in a QB in a long time (though Fitz has done well at it - he's inaccurate plenty of times as well, however).

The case against Brohm seems to be pretty stacked (no TD passes, some higher number of turnovers, can't remember right now). I would still like to see more of him, however, especially if we can't get a top QB in the next draft. I have a feeling we'll grab a mid-round QB and try to develop him.

The coaches' plan for Brohm should come to light by what they do in the preseason.

dannyek71
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Brian Brohm is so good he was the backup to Trent Edwards backup for parts of 2 seasons.

justasportsfan
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Brian Brohm is so good he was the backup to Trent Edwards backup for parts of 2 seasons.

If we played Brohm instead of Fitz when we benchedTrent this year, Brohm too would have taken/kept the job from Trent.

better days
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM

With all the needs on this team, unless a QB is available that they really like, they may not draft a QB at all. They didn't last year until the 7th.

I think the Question is how much Chan & Buddy like Brohm & Brown vs what will be available.