PDA

View Full Version : So when is CJ Spiller going to do something?

more cowbell
12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
So far this year hes had a kick return for a TD and a 2 yard catch for a TD.

Other than that he has been completely worthless.

He's not a "bust".....YET...but once again another 1st round pick we have gotten nothing out of early.

Bufftp
12-05-2010, 05:08 PM
After we trade him to the Patriots for 7th round pick in 2012......

Mr. Pink
12-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Reggie Bush 2.0

Bangarang
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
When he gets the ball?

more cowbell
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
When he gets the ball?

Whenever I see him get the ball he goes sideways...maybe there is a reason he's not in the game.

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2010, 05:17 PM
The guy is averaging 4.0 yards per carry and has 18 catches for 81 yards. He needs to touch the ball more.

BidsJr
12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
More Touches.

Slim
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
He didn't look bad today. Especially when you consider that our offensive line was in shambles.

Oaf
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
The guy couldn't shake a guy in the open field 10 yards away. Definitely not a judgment or anything, but that was disappointing to see.

kingJofNYC
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
He had one safety to beat today and he was gone for a long TD, was honestly disappointed when he didn't juke him to the ground. Vikings safeties aren't very good, and he has to make that man miss, it's why he was drafted.

Raptor
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Needs more touches

Beebe's Kid
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
He had one safety to beat today and he was gone for a long TD, was honestly disappointed when he didn't juke him to the ground. Vikings safeties aren't very good, and he has to make that man miss, it's why he was drafted.
Yeah when that guy dove and grabbeb him around the ankles, I was waiting for the juke move, high step, spin move, stiff arm combo. I really saw his limitations when the guy pulled his ankles togetherand he couldn't run anymore.

Night Train
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
He should be returning all punts & kickoffs, in addition to seeing far more snaps at RB or in motion a a receiver.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
My optimism is starting to turn on this kid.

bigbry
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
He would do well IF he had offensive line.

Ingtar33
12-05-2010, 07:23 PM
He would do well IF he had offensive line.

Fred Jackson doesn't seem to be doing so badly...

he doesn't see lanes particularly well, doesn't like to take a 2 yard gain when there is nothing else available (he will bounce outside and take a 3 yard loss), and does a poor job following blocks.

That said the kid has god given speed. I hope he learns how to play his position.

YardRat
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I didn't expect as much out of him as some, but I certainly thought he would be contributing more than he has.

djjimkelly
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
My optimism is starting to turn on this kid.

i said this a few weeks ago

sadly a total waste of a 1st rounder

i pray he turns it around but at least we know hes good at twitter

theanswer74
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Fred Jackson doesn't seem to be doing so badly...

he doesn't see lanes particularly well, doesn't like to take a 2 yard gain when there is nothing else available (he will bounce outside and take a 3 yard loss), and does a poor job following blocks.

That said the kid has god given speed. I hope he learns how to play his position.

lol, you see all this in 4 carries game?

I mean watching Adrian Peterson on his 1st 8-10 carries today you would think he is nothing but a goal line RB.

trapezeus
12-05-2010, 10:18 PM
i think the bills offense is a work in process. disregarding today's non effort, they are throwing the ball well. but they really are hesitant to run the ball at all. the times they have run well, they got into in the second half.

i think the OL needs better run blocking. they are ok in pass protection.

CJ and Fred need to get into rhythm. yes, CJ has been underwhelming,, but they need to trust him out on the field and get him to correct his mistakes. he hasn't been anything special so far, but i think he'll develop.

it is a shame that the bills haven't got an immediate starter from a first round pick since donte whitner.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Told ya.

How's Bulaga looking now?

BertSquirtgum
12-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Told ya.

How's Bulaga looking now?

this post is a ******.

EDS
12-06-2010, 08:31 AM
it is a shame that the bills haven't got an immediate starter from a first round pick since donte whitner.

That is not true. Lynch and Wood were immediate starters as rookie first rounders.

justasportsfan
12-06-2010, 08:37 AM
We'll start seeing Spiller score rushing TD's and receiving Td's once Fred Jackson stops scoring rushing td's and recieving td's.

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
He seemed to run a little more north-south yesterday and hit the hole instead of dancing, but he is a raw product at this point.

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 08:55 AM
The Spiller situation infuriates me.

During the draft, we had a plethora of needs and two good RB's. What do we take? A ****ing RB.

Everyone said it was the right pick. Everyone said he's the next Chris Johnson. Everyone said that the reason the Bills have done so poorly in the draft is because they drafted for need instead of taking the best player available.

Well, guess what? We took the consensus best player available- he's still doing nothing and the team is still losing. We traded Lynch away because we got Spiller- now, Lynch never really lived up to the hype, but is Spiller really any better? I certainly don't see it. Spiller has done NOTHING, and RB is probably the easiest position as far as transition from college to the NFL. EVERY year, 2 or 3 RB's come out of college and shred the league as rookies.

Is there a chance Spiller could get better? Sure, but right now, he looks like another Bills first round failure.

justasportsfan
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM

During the draft, we had a plethora of needs and two good RB's. What do we take? A ****ing RB.

Everyone said it was the right pick. Everyone said he's the next Chris Johnson. Everyone said that the reason the Bills have done so poorly in the draft is because they drafted for need instead of taking the best player available.

Well, guess what? We took the consensus best player available- he's still doing nothing and the team is still losing. We traded Lynch away because we got Spiller- now, Lynch never really lived up to the hype, but is Spiller really any better? I certainly don't see it. Spiller has done NOTHING, and RB is probably the easiest position as far as transition from college to the NFL. EVERY year, 2 or 3 RB's come out of college and shred the league as rookies.

Is there a chance Spiller could get better? Sure, but right now, he looks like another Bills first round failure.

the only reason why we're not seeing it is because for the most part, Fred is playing the way we hope Spiller WILL be in the future.

EDS
12-06-2010, 09:02 AM

I think the Bills need to go into one of the few games remaining this season with the intent of giving Spiller 20+ carries.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Spiller actually looked really good running the ball yesterday. He finally started to go north and south and showed some great acceleration. Not his fault he touches the ball 8 times a game.

Historian
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
He was my disappointed nominee in that thread a few weeks back.

:(

dannyek71
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM

I could not agree more. I would have rather drafted a backup G than another RB. Until he shows something, the guy is a bust. We can make all the excuses we want for him. #9 picks should be GOOD football players. Good football players find ways to make plays.

The guy is a microcosm of this franchise over the last 15 years. Draft a position you dont need only to watch the guy turn into a royal bust.

This makes the Whitner pick look great.

RoscoeMagic
12-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Anyone could have seen this coming, but not enough Bills fans did.

Cue the Kool-Aid Spillers :rockon:

NOT THE DUDE...
12-06-2010, 04:48 PM
not a above average run blocking oline
team plays from behind a lot becasue d sucks and cont stop the run
hes a rookie
not many touches
this just in the nfl is very talented...

RoscoeMagic
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM
not a above average run blocking oline
team plays from behind a lot becasue d sucks and cont stop the run
hes a rookie
not many touches
this just in the nfl is very talented...
That's been the point since day 1. It's not bashing Spiller's talents, it's we needed a line and many other things and our RB situation was solid.

patmoran2006
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM
the only reason why we're not seeing it is because for the most part, Fred is playing the way we hope Spiller WILL be in the future.

The only thing against your point that I'll say is that when you continually stink, you dont draft guys 9th overall to be good in the future, you draft them to be good NOW.

We're not the Patriots or Colts, we're not a good enough team to have the luxury of slowly developing high first round picks.

EDS
12-07-2010, 08:43 AM
The only thing against your point that I'll say is that when you continually stink, you dont draft guys 9th overall to be good in the future, you draft them to be good NOW.

We're not the Patriots or Colts, we're not a good enough team to have the luxury of slowly developing high first round picks.

Plus, when the team stinks shouldn't a top 10 pick be able to win a starting position?

patmoran2006
12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Plus, when the team stinks shouldn't a top 10 pick be able to win a starting position?
I really like Spiller, he's a GREAT kid and he may turn into a fine player in time. However, the critics were right-- he was more of a luxury pick, RB was one of the few positions of strength we actually had coming into the draft.

Looking at this roster now; it would be so much better off had we taken a OT (like Davis or Bulaga) or a DE (Morgan, Paul, Graham) for the future.

I dont blame Spiller at all. its kind of like with Whitner.. its not his fault where he was taken.

Crist, there are three rookie running backs with more rushing yards who WEREN'T EVEN DRAFTED.

I hope he proves me wrong, but unless he gets into wide open space, I dont ever see him being a great RB.. HE goes down way too easy when he's hit.

EDS
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I really like Spiller, he's a GREAT kid and he may turn into a fine player in time. However, the critics were right-- he was more of a luxury pick, RB was one of the few positions of strength we actually had coming into the draft.

Looking at this roster now; it would be so much better off had we taken a OT (like Davis or Bulaga) or a DE (Morgan, Paul, Graham) for the future.

I dont blame Spiller at all. its kind of like with Whitner.. its not his fault where he was taken.

Crist, there are three rookie running backs with more rushing yards who WEREN'T EVEN DRAFTED.

I hope he proves me wrong, but unless he gets into wide open space, I dont ever see him being a great RB.. HE goes down way too easy when he's hit.

In fairness, what experience does the Bills franchise have with underperforming 1st round running backs and undrafted backs that outperform them?

dasaybz
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
It's really tough to put the blame on Spiller here. Get him the ball more, and then we can make a more accurate judgment if he's a bust or not. I'd love to see him be the feature back for an entire game first.

djjimkelly
12-07-2010, 01:39 PM
bottom line this franchise should not take another rb in the first round for at least another 10 years.

other teams consistently show the league rb can be found any where

fred jackson undrafted

arain foster leads the league in rushing.

benjarvis green ellis a nobody before this year

most rbs can be above average if there are holes to run through

BillsFever21
12-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I was speachless when we took Spiller. I couldn't believe we took ANOTHER RB high in the draft with all of our other needs.

The kid is lost here in his rookie year in the easiest position to transition to in the NFL. Unless he turns out to be another Chris Johnson or Marshall Faulk it will be another wasted pick for Buffalo. Even if he ends up decent it still will be. You can find RB's anywhere let alone when we already had RB's and many other holes to fill.

I sure hope he ends up as a good everydown back. If not it's another wasted 1st round pick for us. He could outrun everyone in college. That doesn't work in the NFL though.