PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth

Stewie
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
75% chance he's going to be cut, according to reports. Signed that huge contract 2 years ago. Has been paid 36.5 million. He is only due 11.7 million over the next two years, at which time he can be resigned, cut, <strike>franchised</strike> or traded.

Would the Bills brass put the 3-4 on hiatus? Could they add a premier 4-3 DT, pair him with our best defensive player Kyle Williams and allow us some flexibility in the draft?

Unless Carolina claims him, we'd have him if we put in a waiver claim.

psubills62
12-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Don't think so. I've heard he actually won't be cut, but I don't think Gailey would want him anyway.

hydro
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't see us grabbing him. Too much money. This team is going young and cheap with any new talent they bring in.

jamze132
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I doubt Gailey wants to scrap the 3-4 thing.

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
If he is cut during the offseason, I don't think he will go through waivers - he will become an UFA immediately.

psubills62
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
If he is cut during the offseason, I don't think he will go through waivers - he will become an UFA immediately.

I believe the rumor is that he'll be cut by this Saturday. I don't think it will happen, though, as that's what Haynesworth wants - out of Washington, especially after having collected 36+ million for just two years. Shanahan won't do him that favor.

mchurchfie
12-06-2010, 11:35 AM
He'll probably end up with the Pats or Jets and end with an illustrious career.:hang:

hydro
12-06-2010, 11:37 AM
He'll probably end up with the Pats or Jets and end with an illustrious career.:hang:

Highly doubt that. The reason this whole thing started is because he didn't want to be the NT in a 3-4 defense. Both of those teams run a 3-4.

mikemac2001
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
not a bad post

not a bad idea

i think we would have a solid 4-3 with him but at what cost. id rather go with the plan and take our chances on that then signing haynesworth

good idea though.

THRILLHO
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Highly doubt that. The reason this whole thing started is because he didn't want to be the NT in a 3-4 defense. Both of those teams run a 3-4.
Yep, and is why we will not pick him up. I saw the same PFT article and considered making a thread about how we will NOT sign him if he is released, lol.

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I hope that if the Bills do claim him, that he practices for at least 30 minutes before getting injured!

OpIv37
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't think they would have a problem going with the 4-3. In fact, they've used some 4-3 looks this year and have generally been more successful than with the 3-4.

That being said, I hope they don't bring in Haynesworth. I live in the DC area so I've been privy to all the drama- the guy is a straight-up diva. He's unprofessional, he pouts when he doesn't get what he wants and he's a locker room cancer. No thanks.

This team is going young and cheap with any new talent they bring in.

Haynesworth aside, I hope this isn't true. I can live with young, but not young and cheap. This is the route the Bills have gone the last 10 years with no success whatsoever.

DraftBoy
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think they would have a problem going with the 4-3. In fact, they've used some 4-3 looks this year and have generally been more successful than with the 3-4.

That being said, I hope they don't bring in Haynesworth. I live in the DC area so I've been privy to all the drama- the guy is a straight-up diva. He's unprofessional, he pouts when he doesn't get what he wants and he's a locker room cancer. No thanks.

Haynesworth aside, I hope this isn't true. I can live with young, but not young and cheap. This is the route the Bills have gone the last 10 years with no success whatsoever.

IMO, Shanny is as much to blame for this situation as Albert is. Neither person has handeled it well.

Stewie
12-06-2010, 12:05 PM
IMO, the guy just wants to play in a 4-3. A lot of the drama was overblown by the shanahan pissing match and the media's need to make money.

Although I don't think he'd be thrilled about going to buffalo, I gotta believe he wants to play. He has a need to have people praise him, he wants to be out there, stomping on opponents heads and stuff.

Plus, Kyle Williams will be a one man backfield wrecking crew working alongside big Al. Can you imagine? Kelsay has even played well when playing from a DE spot. All of a sudden, our line is much better, stroud can be rotational depth at DT. The right defensive end would be the only question mark imo.

trapezeus
12-06-2010, 12:22 PM

and then traded back to washington 3 years from now for a 3rd round pick.

Beebe's Kid
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM

I don't live in the DC area, but I do have the interweb. For the posters that don't have cable, regular internet access, or have been locked inside of a cave for the past 6 months... Op is right...there is no need for a poll.

We need this guy like we need a kick in the pills.

Lexwhat
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Obviously this is all hypothetical, but...

You know what team would be a good fit for him? The Colts. I don't think it's the type of move that Polian would make though.

He wouldn't look bad in an Eagles uniform either. And imagine how motivated Haynesworth would be when they play the Redskins twice a year.

Realistically though, I think he'll eventually end up back in Tennessee if he is ever cut.

patmoran2006
12-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Haynesworth represents everything that this organization does NOT like.. Plus, this all started when he had to move to a 3-4.
No chance of him coming to Buffalo next season (I dont think he's getting cut this late in season)

justasportsfan
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
He'll probably end up with the Pats

Haynesworth and Wilfork on the same DL?

THRILLHO
12-06-2010, 03:18 PM

*Shudder* If we draft a QB, dont even play him vs NE with that line.

justasportsfan
12-06-2010, 03:27 PM
*Shudder* If we draft a QB, dont even play him vs NE with that line.

Hayneworth : " Vince, you go for his knee and then I'll stomp on his face when he's down".

trapezeus
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Your quarterback better protect his knees and his head with those two on the same team.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
NO ****ING WAY