PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno just burned the Bills

Mr. Miyagi
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Talked about all the snow in Buffalo, and some people got stuck in the snow in their cars and couldn't move for 12 hours.

"You know what they call people who can't move in Buffalo? A running back!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RoscoeMagic
12-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't get it. Freddy's pretty good :confused:

Johnny Bugmenot
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM
This is getting bad. First the Stevie Johnson jokes and now this. Buffalo has officially become laughingstock of the league.

We've past the point of no return.

Stewie
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I disagree. There are a handful of teams in worse shape. Carolina, Washington, Detroit, Denver, etc.

We played an awful game this past week, but we have a spirited bunch and a gamer for a coach. Definitely not the laughingstock of the league.

Billz_fan
12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
This is getting bad. First the Stevie Johnson jokes and now this. Buffalo has officially become laughingstock of the league.

Your one of the guys that want the team to lose every game to :laughter:

Whysoserious?
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
A) Bad Joke

B) Jay Leno sucks. Conan is taking all of his ratings.

Bosco
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Who is Jay Leno ?

psubills62
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Not really. They talk about Johnson's drop...and make a RB joke that, as RM indicated, wasn't really that good, considering Jackson has been more than solid. I don't think Jay Leno is part of "the league," just FYI.

They also talked about how great Steve Johnson was doing (before he had that drop). They also talked about that great comeback against the Bengals. The league has also talked about how we took the Ravens and Steelers to OT.

We had a receiver drop a bad ball, and had a bad game this week. It's not like we had a QB run out the back of the end zone.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2010, 11:55 PM
That's what happens when you lose 4 Super Bowls in a row and your team has sucked for 10 years. Want respect? Start winning.

kingJofNYC
12-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Jay Leno is about as relevant as the Bills.

sqad5
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
That's what happens when you lose 4 Super Bowls in a row and your team has sucked for 10 years. Want respect? Start winning. dude you sound like a broken record. but your right

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2010, 05:20 AM
I disagree. There are a handful of teams in worse shape. Carolina, Washington, Detroit, Denver, etc.

We played an awful game this past week, but we have a spirited bunch and a gamer for a coach. Definitely not the laughingstock of the league.
I fail to see how Detroit is in worse shape. They are in way better shape with players like Suh and Stafford.

Carolina? Sure.

Washington - meh. Not really. At least they win once in awhile

Denver - not really.

The Bills have not made the playoffs in 11 years and have one winning season in that time.

They are the laughingstock of the NFL and rightfully so

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Jay Leno is about as relevant as the Bills.
Yeah - he makes millions of dollars and millions of people watch him every night.

And the Bills, well they have, ummm.... , well, they have the WR that makes funny tweets.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Arron Maybin

Still laughing?

elltrain22
12-07-2010, 06:08 AM
What looks like ***, has a stupid show, and is a huge tool who knows nothing about sports?????

Jay Leno

STFU Jay

RockStar36
12-07-2010, 06:12 AM
What do you call a person on late night TV that nobody likes and even fewer people watch?

Jay Leno!

Lexwhat
12-07-2010, 06:46 AM
I fail to see how Detroit is in worse shape. They are in way better shape with players like Suh and Stafford.

You beat me to it... If we wanna talk about a team on the rise (that loses a lot of close games), the Lions are that team. They've also played an extremely tough schedule this season. If Stafford could ever stay healthy, they might be in the playoff hunt. They could use improvements on Defense though.

The only position that we are definitely better than them is our secondary.

zone
12-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Jay Leno is a no talent ass clown who steals all his bits.

malvado78
12-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Denver - not really.

I disagree. They have Buffalo's RB Coach from Last yea as a head coach because they fired both their OC and Head Coach...

Oh and they reached for Tebow... :kid:

Jan Reimers
12-07-2010, 07:58 AM
For chrissakes guys, it's a harmless joke. Lighten up.

Cleve
12-07-2010, 08:07 AM
That's what happens when you lose 4 Super Bowls in a row and your team has sucked for 10 years. Want respect? Start winning.

Lots of teams can turn it around, like the Patriots did. Instead we have Ralph Wilson Jr as our "Hall of Fame" owner.

People *****ing in this topic about the millions Jay Leno makes for nothing - I'd say Wilson trumps him in that regard in a heartbeat. Wilson makes more money than Leno, and has achieved even less - his errant and erratic personnel decisions/selections in the last 15 years have broken the back of the team.

It's amazing the Bills can be as competitive as they are, given who is in the driver's seat.

Stewie
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I think detroit is in worse shape...they have more talent but nothing more to show for it.

Denver is in complete disarray. They let go of cutler, hillis and marshall, and now fired the guy who made those decisions. Another team with more talent and nothing to show for it.

Don't even get me started on the redskins. What a complete joke of an organization. Proof that money doesn't automatically equal success.

If the bills are the laughingstock, is because people are lazily making judgments based on the past and not what's happening now, imo

OpIv37
12-07-2010, 08:22 AM

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

I used to get pissed at people for taking cheap shots like this at the Bills, but the reality is that we should be pissed at the team for the years of mismanagement that have created a situation where jokes like this make sense.

trapezeus
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
but the point is, it isn't really funny. There is a guy producing. it'd be funnier if it was the packers run game or some team that simply can't run the ball at all.

it's like a bill clinton joke now. ok, we get the punchline. ha ha ha, find something else.

Jay always goes for the straightforward punchline and that's why he has the biggest crowd. it's inoffensive, it's not anyone's particular brand of comedy. it is just blah.

guys who actually have a style get smaller crowds because people either totally love them or totally hate them.

OpIv37
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
but the point is, it isn't really funny. There is a guy producing. it'd be funnier if it was the packers run game or some team that simply can't run the ball at all.

it's like a bill clinton joke now. ok, we get the punchline. ha ha ha, find something else.

Jay always goes for the straightforward punchline and that's why he has the biggest crowd. it's inoffensive, it's not anyone's particular brand of comedy. it is just blah.

guys who actually have a style get smaller crowds because people either totally love them or totally hate them.

I agree with you- the only problem is that the initial complaint isn't that the joke wasn't funny. The complaint was that the joke ripped on the Bills.

Ginger Vitis
12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't get offended or take it personally anymore when someone makes fun of the Bills.. Heck I do it myself.. But that joke was kinda lame

trapezeus
12-07-2010, 10:46 AM
i think the general feeling in this thread is that the joke is lame and doesn't make sense. it's just ripping on the bills based on past norms.

hell, the bills and buffalo were mocked during the height of its run. Meanwhile, everyone is on the patriots nuts for going 3-1 over 10 years in superbowls. Yet, still no respect for going 4 years straight. Every team in the last 10 years that the media wants to see be dynasties totally pales in comparison to the 1990 bills. Sure we lost them all. but we did what no one else could do. not even the goldenboy pats.

justasportsfan
12-07-2010, 10:51 AM
we may not be the worse shaped team right now but we're bad enough to be made fun of.

It's okay to laugh at yourself people. It lessens the pain when you are able to.

Oaf
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Personally insults of Jay Leno aside, I think the cracks were more at the city than the team, and really, people have joked about it for years.

Buffalo is next in line for revitalization after Detroit's done.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Letterman should have got the Tonight Show gig after Johnny retired anyways.

Mr. Miyagi
12-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I didn't like the joke, but Jay Leno is way funnier than Conan.

Conan is just another slapsticky assclown. In the same category as Jim Carrey. To each his own though, not my cup of tea.

LtFinFan66
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I didn't like the joke, but Jay Leno is way funnier than Conan.

Conan is just another slapsticky assclown. In the same category as Jim Carrey. To each his own though, not my cup of tea.Conan is WAY funnier

Beebe's Kid
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Conan is WAY funnier

He'll probably take over for Jay, and I'm sure he'll be lights out...

I really like the Lions love here.... three weeks ago, when we beat them, they were the bottom feeder of all bottom feeders, now they are back on the road to redemption.

"They lose a lot of close games." Almost as many as the Bills, and not to the same caliber of teams. I love the complete ignoring of the facts, to just piss and moan...again...whoa is us.

RockStar36
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
He'll probably take over for Jay, and I'm sure he'll be lights out....

Not that this is the right forum for this, but Conan is better than Jay. NBC boned him hard and set him up to fail.

LtFinFan66
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
He'll probably take over for Jay, and I'm sure he'll be lights out...

I really like the Lions love here.... three weeks ago, when we beat them, they were the bottom feeder of all bottom feeders, now they are back on the road to redemption.

"They lose a lot of close games." Almost as many as the Bills, and not to the same caliber of teams. I love the complete ignoring of the facts, to just piss and moan...again...whoa is us.i don't see him taking over for Jay again...they tried that and Jay/NBC dicked him over

better days
12-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Personally insults of Jay Leno aside, I think the cracks were more at the city than the team, and really, people have joked about it for years.

Buffalo is next in line for revitalization after Detroit's done.

Agreed, the jokes were all because of the snowstorm. Whenever Buffalo gets hit with a winter storm, it is not local news, it is National news played around the Country. They really love to play it up here in South Florida to show the tourists how nice it is to be here for vacation when they could be stuck in that cold & snow.

Mr. Miyagi
12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Conan is WAY funnier
I've never liked him since the CO show.

Night Train
12-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Actually not a bad line but his target audience is age 65-90 and he hasn't mattered in a very long time.