• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Moats hopes Favre is okay

I've been reading the morning wire reports and they are filled with articles about Moats hoping that Favre is okay. He says he doesn't want to be known in trivia questions later as the player who ended Favre's streak at 297.

The problem I have with his sentiment is that this is football. People get hurt all the time. It's not like he pulled an LT and broke Theisman's leg or was the player who hit Everett and almost caused him to be in a chair for the rest of his life. He made a play on a fragile QB and that's part of the game.

Suck it up.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Moats hope Favre is okay

He's a young guy trying to be politically correct. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

As a football player, you want to play hard and play well. As a LB he wants to hit his opponents as hard as possible.

But I think that most players do not want to injure an opponent. Hurt an opponent? Sure. But not injure.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

The difference is he didn't seriously injure Favre, he just put an aging, past his prime, QB on the sidelines where he belongs. So what if the "streak" is in jeopardy? He's a linebacker doing his job. Injuries will happen.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Re: Moats hopes Favre is okay

It was a totally clean hit, so there is really nothing Moats did wrong. At his age, Favre should be enjoying retirement, anyway.

(Sorry, NBF, didn't see your post.)
          Last edited by Jan Reimers; 12-07-2010, 09:18 AM.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I think it's fine. On the field, he's looking to do whatever he can to sack Favre. Off the field, he's a caring individual. I don't think it's going to affect his play, and I think he was simply indicating that he doesn't play to hurt people.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

I would love nothing more than for Moats to be the answer to that trivia question. At least we will have accomplished something this year.

Comment

• Whysoserious?
                • Dec 2010

Obviously he wishes Favre is okay. Not many human beings want to hurt someone else (James Harrison). However, anything goes on the field.
                This Sig will not change until the Bills make the playoffs!

12-04-10

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Players dont, after the game at least, talk to the media and say "Yeah I hope that guys arm is broken, the old bastard!"....they simply dont do it, its in bad taste and even the dirtiest of players generally dont wish injury upon anyone after the final buzzer has blown.
                  Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 12-07-2010, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

He probably watched Farve growing up and has a great deal of respect for him and his career. Why wouldn't he wish for a speedy recovery?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Moats became my favorite Bill after that play.

Farwell Brett. You're yesterdays news.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                        The difference is he didn't seriously injure Favre, he just put an aging, past his prime, QB on the sidelines where he belongs. So what if the "streak" is in jeopardy? He's a linebacker doing his job. Injuries will happen.
                        On an unrelated note, I personally thank you very much (sincerely) for changing your avatar to a MUCH less scarier one.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I don't think most players want to injure other players. The few exceptions (like a certain former safety and a certain current linebacker who share the same last name - Harrison) end up with both fans and other players hating them. As long as Moats plays clean, I want to see him keep hitting just as hard as he does. I don't want the fear of hurting someone to make him timid.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X