PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth suspended for season without pay

OpIv37
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/12/redskins_suspend_albert_haynes.html

The rumor is that he stayed out late on Thurs and showed up hung over on Friday.

Mr. Miyagi
12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Nice work ethics.

RockStar36
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Haynesworth is garbage. Let's not forget this is the guy who stomped on someone's throat during a game.

hydro
12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Haynesworth is garbage. Let's not forget this is the guy who stomped on someone's face during a game.

Fixed, although just as callous.

better days
12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I saw nothing in the article that said he was suspended without pay. This seems similar to the Keyshawn Johnson situation in Tampa a few years ago. Johnson was suspended in the same manner but was paid. I think the same will happen with Haynesworth, he will be paid for the rest of the year, but will never play for the Skins again.

RockStar36
12-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Fixed, although just as callous.

Details were fuzzy, but thank you for the correction. Either way, I think we all agree on Haynesworth.

Makes me think, Jeff Fisher never gets criticized for the constant character issues on his team.

RockStar36
12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
I saw nothing in the article that said he was suspended without pay. This seems similar to the Keyshawn Johnson situation in Tampa a few years ago. Johnson was suspended in the same manner but was paid. I think the same will happen with Haynesworth, he will be paid for the rest of the year, but will never play for the Skins again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5895357

Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3543) was suspended without pay by the Washington Redskins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/wsh/washington-redskins) on Tuesday for the last four games of the regular season, capping a saga that began last offseason.

OpIv37
12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/shanahan-explains-haynesworth-1.html

This one also says without pay:

The Albert Haynesworth Era in Washington may have reached its conclusion as the Redskins Tuesday suspended the disgruntled defensive lineman without pay for the final four games of the season, citing conduct detrimental to the team.

better days
12-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Details were fuzzy, but thank you for the correction. Either way, I think we all agree on Haynesworth.

Makes me think, Jeff Fisher never gets criticized for the constant character issues on his team.

In spite of being on the competition committiee, Fisher seems to encourage his team to play dirty. I would expect Haynesworth to end up back on the Titans next year.

Buffalogic
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
In spite of being on the competition committiee, Fisher seems to encourage his team to play dirty. I would expect Haynesworth to end up back on the Titans next year.I think Fisher being on the committee he has a more intimate understanding of every single rule so he pushes the envelope a little bit. Fisher is a good coach no denying it.

better days
12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/shanahan-explains-haynesworth-1.html

This one also says without pay:

Yeah, it looks like they are going to try to get away without paying him. As the article says it will be appealed. While I hate Hanesworth, I hate Snyder even more so I hope Albert wins the appeal because I love to see Snyder waste money.

Lexwhat
12-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I think it will be difficult for the Redskins to successfully suspend Haynesworth without pay. He can easily be "suspended," but if they try to withhold salary, expect the NFLPA to intervene on Haynesworth's behalf.

For all practical purposes, the only person who has the power to suspend a player without pay is Roger Goodell.

HAMMER
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, it looks like they are going to try to get away without paying him. As the article says it will be appealed. While I hate Hanesworth, I hate Snyder even more so I hope Albert wins the appeal because I love to see Snyder waste money.

Not nice, and not smart, this would only encourage other punks to do the same and know they will still get paid.

Beebe's Kid
12-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Not nice, and not smart, this would only encourage other punks to do the same and know they will still get paid.

Hammer...stepping it up with the seasonal avatar...nice!!

As far as Jeff Fisher goes, he is an amazing coach... I would be happy if we had all of he rings he does... oh, ****...he doesn't have any rings...in fact they aren't even an annual Playoff team. He fights publicly with his players, and they are dirty... Why is he so good, again?

better days
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Buyer beware. Maybe it will encourage people like Snyder that try to buy a Championship, to spend their money more wisely & in so doing, keep cost down for everyone when Hayensworth wins his appeal.

edit- I agree with Beebes kid your avatar has a seasonal appeal.

Thurmal
12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
There is an article on Deadspin with a picture someone took of Haynesworth at a bar on Thursday night in Reston.

He supposedly arrived one whole minute late to practice.

For anyone still clamoring for Shanahan, just look at how he handled everything with Haynesworth. People in town think he is a joke and some are actually sticking up for Big Al.

BillsFever21
12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
He was a prime example of a player with a horrible work ethic that would be a bust once he got his big contract.

He had a horrible work ethic in his early years in Tennessee and then the last year or two before his rookie contract ended he played hard. He was a prime target for being one of them players in the long list of them in sports. Then when he ended up with the Redskins that sealed the deal. How many more players are they going to open the vault for only to get nothing out of them?

sqad5
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
He did almost step on his throat.

sqad5
12-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, it looks like they are going to try to get away without paying him. As the article says it will be appealed. While I hate Hanesworth, I hate Snyder even more so I hope Albert wins the appeal because I love to see Snyder waste money.He waste money every year signing so called big named players. lol

YardRat
12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Fisher might not last much longer in Tennessee.

Dujek
12-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Fisher might not last much longer in Tennessee.

I think he's pretty much done. He might as well have said "It's him or me" in relation to Vince Young going forward, and Bud Adams loves Vince.