PDA

View Full Version : The future of the Sabres

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 01:08 AM
****ing SUCKS.

Adam, Weber and Mancari all ****ed up big tonight.

Mancari was awful all game.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2010, 04:53 AM
OK - We know Mancari sucks. He is not in the future.

But you are really jumping all over Adam's ****? The guy has played less than 10 NHL games.

You can already tell us that he will never amount to anything?

Really?

Sigh.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2010, 04:56 AM
That being said, after playing a solid game Weber's giveaway was unacceptable. He did well after that too, but that play at that point in the game was horrendous.

BTW - Adam also scored on a nice play.

And you saying he will always suck is asinine.

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 06:07 AM
I have no problems with Adam. Especially considering that while he plays, Connolly sits.

don137
12-08-2010, 06:20 AM
That being said, after playing a solid game Weber's giveaway was unacceptable. He did well after that too, but that play at that point in the game was horrendous.

BTW - Adam also scored on a nice play.

And you saying he will always suck is asinine.

That's the thing that kills me about Weber. He sucked the entire game up tp giving up the tying goal and basically cost his team a point. After his major goof he played excellent going down blocking shots. Why did he not play with that much passion before he cost his team a goal?

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2010, 07:58 AM
****ing SUCKS.

Adam, Weber and Mancari all ****ed up big tonight.

Mancari was awful all game.
Yeah Adam really F'd up by scoring that goal!!!

Weber Holy **** what a bad pass.

Mancari I don't remember him making any big mistakes.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2010, 07:59 AM
OK - We know Mancari sucks. He is not in the future.

But you are really jumping all over Adam's ****? The guy has played less than 10 NHL games.

You can already tell us that he will never amount to anything?

Really?

Sigh.
Agreed Adam is a future top 2 line player, with size, grit and scoring touch.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Adam looked good for the most part, but taking a 4 min penalty is inexcusable, whether you've been in the league for 6 years or 60 minutes. He and Weber cost us a point against a division rival and allowed Boston to get 2 points.

Mancari didn't make any glaring mistakes that turned into goals or great scoring opportunities, but he was just sloppy all game- stone hands receiving passes, missing guys making passes, overplaying the puck, etc.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Adam looked good for the most part, but taking a 4 min penalty is inexcusable, whether you've been in the league for 6 years or 60 minutes. He and Weber cost us a point against a division rival and allowed Boston to get 2 points.

Mancari didn't make any glaring mistakes that turned into goals or great scoring opportunities, but he was just sloppy all game- stone hands receiving passes, missing guys making passes, overplaying the puck, etc.
I agree on the first point and hopefully he is more carefull with his stick in the future.

Mancari just isn't a player they are going to build on. He is NHL ready as a 4th liner when needed but isn't a cornerstone.

I do like some of the young guys though:
Ennis - looks like a stud
Myers - already a star
Adam - Potential to be a top 2 line player
Gerbe- Looks very good paired with Roy and Vanek
Kaleta - One of the best instigators in the league and seems to have found a bit of touch.

Would love for them to make a move to obtain a true difference making forward.

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Adam's penalty certainly led to the loss, BUT if Weber doesn't give it away they don't even make it to OT. And if the Sabres felt like killing the penalty, this is also a moot point. I'll give him a pass on that one.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Adam's penalty certainly led to the loss, BUT if Weber doesn't give it away they don't even make it to OT. And if the Sabres felt like killing the penalty, this is also a moot point. I'll give him a pass on that one.

Killing a 4-minute 4-on-3 is no easy task.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2010, 08:46 AM
I agree that it is not excusable, but to declare that he will never amount to anything is a bit of a stretch.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 08:46 AM
And as far as Ennis goes, he is starting to annoy me.

The guy is obviously fast and obviously creative with his stick-handling, but the comparisons with Afinogenov are becoming more and more apt.

He NEVER finishes. All of his stick-handling rarely results in a quality shot for himself or his teammates. And he tries that "stuff it in from behind the goal" move every game- I think it's worked ONCE all season, but it's still his bread and butter.

The guy needs to apply his talent better.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Never finishes?

He is tied for 4th for NHL rookies in goal scoring.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLSRSAll&sort=goals&viewName=summary

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Killing a 4-minute 4-on-3 is no easy task.

First, it wasn't even going to be a full 4 minute penalty kill. Second, Boston scored very early into it. It was like they didn't even try.

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM

The guy is obviously fast and obviously creative with his stick-handling, but the comparisons with Afinogenov are becoming more and more apt.

He NEVER finishes. All of his stick-handling rarely results in a quality shot for himself or his teammates. And he tries that "stuff it in from behind the goal" move every game- I think it's worked ONCE all season, but it's still his bread and butter.

You should watch more games. You're way too hard on Ennis. You need to pick on people like Gerbe, Pominville, GAUSTAD, and Connnolly.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Never finishes?

He is tied for 4th for NHL rookies in goal scoring.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLSRSAll&sort=goals&viewName=summary

tied for 4th amongst rookies? Wow, I'm impressed!

/sarcasm.

Comparing him to other rookies is irrelevant. Comparing him to overall scoring in the NHL and discussing whether or not he's scoring enough to help this team- those are the standards we should be using.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 08:59 AM
You should watch more games. You're way too hard on Ennis. You need to pick on people like Gerbe, Pominville, GAUSTAD, and Connnolly.

Pominville is just awful and I pick on him all the time. Same for Connolly.

I criticized Gerbe from the moment we drafted him.

Gaustad is one of my favorite players on this team, but even I have to admit that he's having a really bad season. He adds zero offense.

The fact that none of these guys are doing anything just means it's even more important for guys like Roy and Ennis to score.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2010, 08:59 AM
tied for 4th amongst rookies? Wow, I'm impressed!

/sarcasm.

Comparing him to other rookies is irrelevant. Comparing him to overall scoring in the NHL and discussing whether or not he's scoring enough to help this team- those are the standards we should be using.
So you would not compare a rookie to other rookies and he should be held to the same standard as veteran players.

That makes sense.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 09:14 AM
So you would not compare a rookie to other rookies and he should be held to the same standard as veteran players.

That makes sense.

The goal is to win. ALL players, rookies or not, need to be evaluated on whether or not they're helping to meet the goal of winning, not whether or not they're better than other rookies. "good for a rookie" is not good enough.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2010, 09:28 AM

He doesn't remind me of afinigenov at all. He is a much better passer and he actually has touch and a good shot.

He probably should shoot a bit more though I agree.

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Pominville is just awful and I pick on him all the time. Same for Connolly.

I criticized Gerbe from the moment we drafted him.

Gaustad is one of my favorite players on this team, but even I have to admit that he's having a really bad season. He adds zero offense.

The fact that none of these guys are doing anything just means it's even more important for guys like Roy and Ennis to score.

Roy is first on the team in points (again, like he is every season) and Ennis is 4th. While Ennis could use more, he's doing what he can. I'm not going to come down on him when the others are doing next to nothing.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Roy is first on the team in points (again, like he is every season) and Ennis is 4th. While Ennis could use more, he's doing what he can. I'm not going to come down on him when the others are doing next to nothing.

The point is that
A) Ennis doesn't finish enough and
B) the other guys who are doing next to nothing have never done anything and won't ever do anything. Our only hope for winning is for Ennis to start finishing more.

It's a hell of a lot more likely than Pominville or Connolly suddenly remembering how to play hockey.

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
The point is that
A) Ennis doesn't finish enough and
B) the other guys who are doing next to nothing have never done anything and won't ever do anything. Our only hope for winning is for Ennis to start finishing more.

It's a hell of a lot more likely than Pominville or Connolly suddenly remembering how to play hockey.

He's doing what he can. He's a rookie. I'd like to at least give him a full season before declaring him to be garbage.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
He's doing what he can. He's a rookie. I'd like to at least give him a full season before declaring him to be garbage.

I never said he was garbage.

I said that his speed and fancy stick-handling rarely result in goals or even quality scoring chances.

Those are two completely different things.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM

I said that his speed and fancy stick-handling rarely result in goals or even quality scoring chances.

You said he was like Max.

The difference is that Max did that after being in the league for years and Ennis is still young and (in theory) can get better.

RockStar36
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM

Comparing him to Max is basically saying he is garbage. Max is garbage.

OpIv37
12-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Comparing him to Max is basically saying he is garbage. Max is garbage.

fair enough- I can't argue with that logic.

trapezeus
12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
i watched a period and a half. i missed the weber give away and the adam penalty.

the most glaring problem is pominville. if we have to put blame on a single player, that guy gets it. He had 2 or 3 point blank opportunities. HE can't score at all.

I thought the defensive backchecking sucked hard in the second. Literally there were 3 or 4 odd man breaks that left miller covering the shooter and the pass. If the bruins put the puck on the net, they are up 5-0 before adam scores.

I like Adam. HE's the first guy with size in a while for a forward.

the sabres were lucky to be in it after half way through the second.

Nighthawk
12-08-2010, 12:16 PM

You cannot discount the fact that Ruff has a tendency to kill offensive creativity from young guys and you're seeing it with Ennis. Trust me, this kid is probably the most talented player on the team and I'm pretty sure that Ruff is in his ear telling him to play defensive hockey. Ruff is not a great coach for guys who like to play a creative style of hockey...he just isn't.

trapezeus
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
You cannot discount the fact that Ruff has a tendency to kill offensive creativity from young guys and you're seeing it with Ennis. Trust me, this kid is probably the most talented player on the team and I'm pretty sure that Ruff is in his ear telling him to play defensive hockey. Ruff is not a great coach for guys who like to play a creative style of hockey...he just isn't.

And i didn't see much defensive hockey being played last night. that's a sad state of affairs.

JD
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I really can't wait to raise this thread from the ashes in a couple years.

LEADING THE AHL IN POINTS?!?! THATS IT!??!!??

What a ****ing bum! He wouldn't even crack the top 100 in the OHL, he's GARBAGGGEEEE

rbochan
12-08-2010, 04:14 PM
And it's worse than now?

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy189/rbochan2/thieves.jpg