• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

pure speculation and inquiry

There was an article on yahoo.sports yesterday about how mcdaniels departure puts Tebow's future in jeopardy. Apparently, only mcdaniels really liked the guy. Everyone else on the staff didn't care for him much as a QB prospect.

So the word is his time may be coming to an end with Denver. Knowing how much buffalo liked him in last year's draft, is this something you think the bills would pursue? It's not a bad option if you really like the defensive players on this year's board. You can draft who you want to draft, and pick up Tebow to satisfy the QB crowd and give you a good young QB who needs a bit of grooming under a coach who knows how to groom them.

Just wondering outloud.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: pure speculation and inquiry

How much did Buffalo really like Tebow? I know Kelly vouched for him and a TON of the media speculated that we were interested. However, afterwards from various comments from Nix, etc., indications were that they never really targeted Tebow.

I don't know what will happen with Tebow, but I'd rather not see him on the Bills, especially if we trade to get him.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

Our running backs corps is pretty solid already.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I didn't like him in the draft and I don't like him now.

I suppose that if we don't get a good QB prospect in the draft, and he gets cut so we could sign him cheap, it might be worth the risk. But I certainly wouldn't give up anything of value for him.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i figure in a trade scenario, he can't be worth too much. A. he was yesterday's news, B. he hasn't done much to wow people, C. there are a boatload of newer model QB's that people are infatuated with.

That puts only a few people in the running.

I am torn on this QB thing. Fitz is an adequate stop gap, however, if the coaching staff doesn't really think brohm is the guy, we do need to find a guy to groom and to groom quickly. Fitz can probably be a mid level to slightly above average qb for 2-3 years. He doesn't have the tools that makes me believe he'll be great much past 30. Plus a young guy that gets 2 full years to soak it up as opposed to start is better than getting thrown in there from the start.

I don't think the team's need is QB, as the defense is awful, but i do think it's something they need to seriously consider to give that guy a real shot at being good. Our problems the last few QB's have been throwing guys who aren't close to being ready into the starting role and making them our savior.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
            Senior Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
            There was an article on yahoo.sports yesterday about how mcdaniels departure puts Tebow's future in jeopardy. Apparently, only mcdaniels really liked the guy. Everyone else on the staff didn't care for him much as a QB prospect.

So the word is his time may be coming to an end with Denver. Knowing how much buffalo liked him in last year's draft, is this something you think the bills would pursue? It's not a bad option if you really like the defensive players on this year's board. You can draft who you want to draft, and pick up Tebow to satisfy the QB crowd and give you a good young QB who needs a bit of grooming under a coach who knows how to groom them.

Just wondering outloud.
            Yuck. No to Tebow......

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Even if they did not like him I don't think they will just dump him after 1 year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Let's put it this way: Our desperation for a QB doesn't make any of the available options any better.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Fitzpatrick > Tebow

I know he is a backup, and a stop gap, and serviceable at best and all of the other things everybody, much smarter than myself, "know" about Fitzpatrick, but I'd rather have Fitzy any day over Tebow.

I would rather have Fitzy than a lot of guys, for a multitude of reasons, that are too exhausting for me to go into, and unimportant to those pining for a draft pick, but over Tebow, I would guess that there has to be more than one or two people in agreement with that.

McDaniels is a ****ing flake. He blew his load to get the guy, and then the team extended Orton, and Tebow couldn't get on the field. There was a lot of issues with Tebow coming out of school, as far as making it in the NFL, and none to have dissipated.

I will say that, much like Fitz, Tebow is a guy that has heart, and if we could improve, even marginally, the team around them, I wouldn't feel safe taking bet against either of them. I just happen to appreciate the fact that Fitzy has already done the learning that Tebow will be doing for the next 4 years, if he can hold on that long.

I am sure this thread will take a turn for the worse, when the normal "authorities" on our QB situation get out of bed, but this is a worthy discussion...I just would rather stick with what we have, as there is something to be said for continuity, not that we would ever want that, because we are always looking for the next guy.

Edit: I see some of the authorities have already chimed in...good thing for the ignore feature ****
                  Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 12-08-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Beebe, i think we are on the same page. my point in picking up tebow isn't to make him the savior. it's to make him a better qb from the bench.

i think fitz can do enough to win (provided that this minnesota game isn't his undoing). i think the bills do need to have a guy learning behind him. i don't get the sense they trust brohm to be that guy. but that's just talk on my part. maybe they do and maybe that's why they won't get a QB.

but if they need another QB, Tebow might be a guy to look at. he can take two to 3 years on the bench as fitz plays, and the bills can be focused on defense since it is barely NFL worthy.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

I would be interested to see how Tebow would work with Gailey, however that is a thought from over 6 months ago. At this point the next draft will have so many QB prospects that I'd rather go that route. I still think the Bills would've considered Tebow had Denver not jumped up to take him so early.

D & S Sports

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

I understand that Matt Leinert, JaMarcus Russell, and Colt Brennan are all available, as long as we are recycling past draft hypes.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

tebow with less than a year of playing, and in a non starter capacity is already at the same level as leinart, russell and brennan?

that's a stretch.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                            • Sep 2003

I'd trade Maybin to Denver for Tebow!! :o)

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
                              Our running backs corps is pretty solid already.
                              But short at TE.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X