PDA

View Full Version : Wood to man center

sdbillsfan2
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
"Bills head coach Chan Gailey confirmed what was anticipated Wednesday that Eric Wood will man the center position Sunday for the Bills."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/08/wood-to-man-center/

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Worst kept secret ever. Every Bills fan knew that was going to be the case eventually since he was drafted.

trapezeus
12-08-2010, 01:50 PM
if the bills OL looks competent with Wood at center, i hope hangartner takes his time healing.

i think some of the line issues have been with making the right calls fromt he center position.

if the bills are playing short handed and look competent, i'm giving wood a lot of credit.

Scumbag College
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
More injuries, shuffling, and backups starting on the offensive line.

Here we go again.

mayotm
12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
The line had been playing fairly well for the past few weeks. Including a good performance against Pittsburgh. Then there was the Minnesota game. Hangartner got hurt early and the line played like crap. Coincidence? Perhaps. However, I think Hang has does a lot more than most of us probably appreciate. That stated, I too am looking forward to seeing Wood play.

better days
12-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I am happy to see Wood at Center but who will play RG with Urbik out?

justasportsfan
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I am happy to see Wood at Center but who will play RG with Urbik out?

General Tsao

Bangarang
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Levitre-Wood-Wang

PROFIT?!

better days
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
General Tsao

I love his chicken.

The Warrior
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Hangartner maybe the most under-rated Buffalo Bill. He does not be a toal hero or one of the best center or does not do anything bad to hurt him much and the team. But i'm glad Wood is in center tho.

SquishDaFish
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM
FINALLY!

Beebe's Kid
12-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Wang hasn't taken his helmet off since he was activated. He will be ready, grasshopper.

Luisito23
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I hope he does great, we need him to be our center of the future badly...Hangartner is nothing but a backup at best.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Gailey stated in his Wednesday presser that Howard/Wang will alternate at the RG spot.

YardRat
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Center is a huge position to lose...I hope Wood can step up to the challenge.

TrEd FTW
12-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Almost two full seasons late. Welcome to the world of common sense, Bills.

Bill Cody
12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
This is good news. Wang is a lot better the closer he gets to Wood.

better days
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I hope he does great, we need him to be our center of the future badly...Hangartner is nothing but a backup at best.

I agree, but Hangartner is a very good backup. It would be great to have him in that role next year.

jamze132
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I would love for Hangartner to be the #1 BU in the future. Not sure if that's something he would like having started at C for the last 2 seasons though...

Jan Reimers
12-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hangartner goes about his job in a quiet, professional way. He is a solid performer, but not an All-Pro.

Therefore, he ranges from undervalued to bum among most posters here. Very frankly, we are best with him at center and Wood and Levitre at guard, at least for now.

I am not as happy as most with Hangartner out and Wood at center. It might very well weaken us at both positions, although I think Wood will be fine at center.

The interior of our O-line has been a strength. A permanent move of Wood to center may very well necessitate our taking another guard in FA or the draft, as I don't know as we have an adequate replacement for him on the roster - it seems like we have a lot of guys playing RT/G, but no real standouts as yet.

I'd like to leave well enough alone at C/G and concentrate on D in the draft.

Buddo
12-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Hangartner goes about his job in a quiet, professional way. He is a solid performer, but not an All-Pro.

Therefore, he ranges from undervalued to bum among most posters here. Very frankly, we are best with him at center and Wood and Levitre at guard, at least for now.

I am not as happy as most with Hangartner out and Wood at center. It might very well weaken us at both positions, although I think Wood will be fine at center.

The interior of our O-line has been a strength. A permanent move of Wood to center may very well necessitate our taking another guard in FA or the draft, as I don't know as we have an adequate replacement for him on the roster - it seems like we have a lot of guys playing RT/G, but no real standouts as yet.

I'd like to leave well enough alone at C/G and concentrate on D in the draft.

I think you need the additional 'beef' that Wood can bring to the position.

Don't forget either, that the Hangman is no slouch as a guard.
If the likes of Urbik or Howard can't cut it, Hangman could still do a decent job there.
Urbik is a decent prospect imho, but obviously the injury could set him back.

I still believe the real 'problem' area, is that of RT. Get that sorted, and I think we can find a guard from the roster, that fits in well with the other guys.

One thing that does seem to have happened in more recent times, is that guys who come in, do appear to have an understanding of what the line is trying to do, even if they can't quite cut it at times. Generally speaking, I believe the whole group, largely understands what it's trying to do, even if they aren't there yet.

Spiderweb
12-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Levitre-Wood-Wang

PROFIT?!

Now that's a stiff interior line.