PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

ratso
12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Not for anything but this team has not played with a full deck at all in the last four years. A very interesting article done in 2009 about man games lost and we were the leader by wide margin. Here is the link:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2010/2009-adjusted-games-lost-totals (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2010/2009-adjusted-games-lost-totals)<o:p></o:p>
This season is no different, last year it was the offensive linemen we lost and now it’s the twenty or so linebackers we have lost to injury. Things are so bad we are forced to star Arron Maybin! Just when you see them get a little steam, Parrish goes down or Hangartner or Torbor etc…. How in god’s name could you ever beat the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">University</st1:PlaceType> of <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:PlaceName></st1:place> let alone the Vikings with the injuries on the offensive line they had to absorb. 20% of this roster has been turned because of blown wheels. It was the same crap last year when Woody and half of the defensive starters blew out. <o:p></o:p>
The injuries are never minor by the way. They all require season ending this or major constructive that. I am not sure what the point is here but I do know they will never get better unless they can stay healthy. It’s very frustrating because there really is nothing you can do about it. How do you prevent torn ACL’s and broken hands? If they could keep everyone on the field at one time I believe they are not that far away. <o:p></o:p>
I understand depth is crucial but no one could absorb the injuries the bills have had and expect to compete. <o:p></o:p>

Johnny Bugmenot
12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
There are several things:

1. Fix the turf. Buffalo plays and trains on a turf different from almost every other team in the league. They're not used to the turf the rest of the league uses. Thus, they get injured much more, especially on the road.
2. Get players that stay healthy. This should be obvious.
3. Better conditioning.
4. Doctors willing to bend the rules and give more optimistic prognoses than they've been giving-- and if you don't think the other teams are doing this, I have some nice oceanfront land in Wyoming to sell you.

There's some ideas for starters.