PDA

View Full Version : who would you guys draft that's NOT a qb?

evol4276
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
first off, sorry if this has been a beat topic.

say we finish the season in the 1-4 range pick in the draft. who would you guys like to see as of right now take it?

DraftBoy
12-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Ill give you four names;

Marcel Dareus
Da'Quan Bowers
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Im the most hesistant on Bowers, but would take any of the other three in a blink.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Andrew Luck:chuckle:

DesertFox24
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
It will be very interesting to say the least.

Two names to keep an eye on are JJ Watt and Cameron Jordan.

I doubt we go QB in round 1.

PromoTheRobot
12-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Ill give you four names;

Marcel Dareus
Da'Quan Bowers
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Im the most hesistant on Bowers, but would take any of the other three in a blink.

Not only would I not draft a QB but I would try and trade down for more picks if I thought I could still get one of these players. This entire draft should be DLs, LBs and O-line.

PTR

OpIv37
12-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Andrew Luck:chuckle:

Leprechauns, unicorns, waterfalls of chocolate....

ok, make-believe time is over now.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Not only would I not draft a QB but I would try and trade down for more picks if I thought I could still get one of these players. This entire draft should be DLs, LBs and O-line.

PTR
Yes, yes, we already know you're madly in live with Ryan Fitzpatrick. LOL. Why, I'll never know.:brilliant:

T-Long
12-09-2010, 12:13 PM
If the draft was today, I see it going:

Car: Andrew Luck
Det: Patrick Petersen
Cin: AJ Green

That would give us the cream of the crop on the defensive side of the ball, which in my opinion would be Da'Quan Bowers without a doubt.

Beebe's Kid
12-09-2010, 12:17 PM

That would give us the cream of the crop on the defensive side of the ball, which in my opinion would be Da'Quan Bowers without a doubt.
The cream on the crop on the defensive side is probably Petersen...

Although, I thought we had to draft a QB? If you have a good QB, they make your run defense look better.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Although, I thought we had to draft a QB? If you have a good QB, they make your run defense look better.

In a way they do.

If you have a more accurate QB, your offense stays on the field more which doesn't expose your defense as much.

evol4276
12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
thanks guys i haven't yet started my draft class research in any means, though i know it is still a bit early

evol4276
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Da'Quan Bowers looks plain scary to me. from what i saw, plays the run decently as well.

T-Long
12-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I meant in terms of defensive lineman...should have clarified.

evol4276
12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
green definately knows how to use his size to his advantage

Bangarang
12-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Da'Quan Bowers looks plain scary to me. from what i saw, plays the run decently as well.

Doesn't offer much in terms of pass rushing moves from what I've seen.

Beebe's Kid
12-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I meant in terms of defensive lineman...should have clarified.

I'm sorry, T. I wasn't pointing out that you missed Peterson, but rather I guess I was making a small case for the fact that he really should be considered by our FO.

I know what you meant and didn't mean to come across like I was just pointing out that you missed him.

I am torn on the Draft, and what exactly we do...part of me wants to put down our chips and go for Luck, another part wants Cameron, the biggest part wants front 7 help, like you, and the other part is thinking how hard it would be to pass up PP.

JCBills
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Leprechauns, unicorns, waterfalls of chocolate....

ok, make-believe time is over now.

Prancing nougat in the meadow sings a song of satisfaction...to the worldddddd.

bflojohn
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Da'Quan Bowers has 15 1/2 sacks this year alone! Bangarang, I do believe that this guy will be a feared pass rusher at the next level. Much the better IF he does it in a Bills uniform, IMO!! Oh, by the way, find the best pass rushing OLB in round two and then we're cooking, Jeremy Beal anyone?!?!
1.) Buffalo- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
2.) Buffalo- Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma

EDS
12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
In a way they do.

If you have a more accurate QB, your offense stays on the field more which doesn't expose your defense as much.

In addition, a good QB puts points on the board so your team is playing with a lead, which means other teams are forced to pass to catch-up. This formula has worked well for the Colts for a number of years (this year not included, obviously).

Joe Fo Sho
12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes, yes, we already know you're madly in live with Ryan Fitzpatrick. LOL. Why, I'll never know.:brilliant:

Please stop making every thread into a Luck debate. This one was specifically against that. Maybe you don't read the thread titles when they're not followed by the almighty asterisk.

To stay on topic, I don't know who I'd take until the combine. But I want the best LB, DL, or T available.

X-Era
12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
It's going to get fun for some that don't want a QB in round 1. Cam Newton is on the rise and some already have Mallett as a top 10 pick.

Both those names may be thrown around as a potential pick for the Bills.

It could especially come into play if we win this weekend and look to pick below the 2 win teams and with the 3 win teams.

X-Era
12-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Da'Quan Bowers has 15 1/2 sacks this year alone! Bangarang, I do believe that this guy will be a feared pass rusher at the next level. Much the better IF he does it in a Bills uniform, IMO!! Oh, by the way, find the best pass rushing OLB in round two and then we're cooking, Jeremy Beal anyone?!?!
1.) Buffalo- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
2.) Buffalo- Jeremy Beal, OLB, OklahomaPossible.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
In addition, a good QB puts points on the board so your team is playing with a lead, which means other teams are forced to pass to catch-up. This formula has worked well for the Colts for a number of years (this year not included, obviously).

Exactly.

Thank you for expanding my point.

The Saints last year were a good example of this too.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Please stop making every thread into a Luck debate. This one was specifically against that. Maybe you don't read the thread titles when they're not followed by the almighty asterisk.

To stay on topic, I don't know who I'd take until the combine. But I want the best LB, DL, or T available.
Cripes, guy, just having a little fun. Relax, calm down. LOL:hand:

jdbillsfan
12-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Fairley could have some issues, but he is a beast. I wouldn't mind him. Dareus hasn't impressed me as much as Fairley in the games I have watched.

Seems to definitely stand out.

alohabillsfan
12-10-2010, 08:51 AM
It would be awesome to trade down a few spots, with that said...

RD1) DT/DE Fairley
RD2) OLB Beal
RD3) ILB Hightower

methos4ever
12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Fairley could have some issues, but he is a beast. I wouldn't mind him. Dareus hasn't impressed me as much as Fairley in the games I have watched.

Seems to definitely stand out.
I think he does as well, though I'm conflicted if his best position isn't a 3 technique in a one gap 4-3 than a hellraiser in a 3-4.

DraftBoy
12-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I think he does as well, though I'm conflicted if his best position isn't a 3 technique in a one gap 4-3 than a hellraiser in a 3-4.
I dont like him in a 3-4. His lower body build to me wont stand up well in that role.

methos4ever
12-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I dont like him in a 3-4. His lower body build to me wont stand up well in that role.
I think that a guy like a Dareus or the big hoss in Baylor later may be better - someone that can help shore up the run as a traditional 3-4 DE (one slasher in KW is enough) and can do work in a 4-3 when we're in nickel. And the guy from Baylor, weight being an obvious issue can do what Ngata does - play NT, DE5T and a 1 Tech...

psubills62
12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I think that a guy like a Dareus or the big hoss in Baylor later may be better - someone that can help shore up the run as a traditional 3-4 DE (one slasher in KW is enough) and can do work in a 4-3 when we're in nickel. And the guy from Baylor, weight being an obvious issue can do what Ngata does - play NT, DE5T and a 1 Tech...

Phil Taylor...used to be at PSU. Wouldn't mind getting him at all.

DraftBoy
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM

You mean Baylor NT Phil Taylor?

DraftBoy
12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Phil Taylor...used to be at PSU. Wouldn't mind getting him at all.

He's slow off the snap and a lacks all lateral movement while being blocked.

psubills62
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM
He's slow off the snap and a lacks all lateral movement while being blocked.

I assume you don't have him ranked very high then? I saw cbssports.com has him with a 2nd round grade. How well does he anchor?

justasportsfan
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Other than needing a franchise qb, we could use the best players that can help at stopping the run. We could also use a shutdown cb.

methos4ever
12-10-2010, 11:28 AM
You mean Baylor NT Phil Taylor?
I think I was more enamored with his size and some of his play during the Baylor TAMU or Texas game...I saw fighting double teams and the big man rest periods, but I didn't look at how well he moved laterally.

So, given that, which NTs have the ability to stack and move laterally after the snap that I can look up / find on my dvrs?

don137
12-10-2010, 01:41 PM

My buddy is a big Bengals fan and the word is they would want Luck first and Da'Quan Bowers after that. They have no pass rush and are desparate for someone who can get to the QB

X-Era
12-10-2010, 03:46 PM
My buddy is a big Bengals fan and the word is they would want Luck first and Da'Quan Bowers after that. They have no pass rush and are desperate for someone who can get to the QBI can't put much faith in a message board rumor when they still have yet to can Marvin Lewis and let Palmer go. Who knows who will come in and who they will want.

tcb5033
12-10-2010, 09:27 PM
I'd be thrilled with anyone who doesn't turn out to be a complete bust like our last decade of first rounders. The way I see it either Bowers, Fairley, or Peterson would be steps in the right direction and would help us shore up those respective positions....if Luck is off the board of course.

better days
12-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Other than needing a franchise qb, we could use the best players that can help at stopping the run. We could also use a shutdown cb.

A guy that can put pressure on the QB would also be welcome.

better days
12-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I can't put much faith in a message board rumor when they still have yet to can Marvin Lewis and let Palmer go. Who knows who will come in and who they will want.

Well, aside from the fact Palmer has not played well, he is also getting older.