PDA

View Full Version : I hope we lose out

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't care. We have potential to grab number 1. As Carolina can potentially win one game. Go ahead and call me a bad fan. I want Luckkkkkkkkkkkkk.

cocamide
12-10-2010, 11:58 AM
There should be a four team playoff with the league's worst teams playing for the number one pick at the end of the year. In order to get the number one pick you have to win that two-game playoff. This way we can earn the number one pick at the end instead of just sucking the most.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't care. We have potential to grab number 1. As Carolina can potentially win one game. Go ahead and call me a bad fan. I want Luckkkkkkkkkkkkk.
You and me both, brother.:band:

Johnny Bugmenot
12-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I still think Luck's going to fall flat on his face in the NFL. Call it a hunch, but my hunches have been very good so far.

RockStar36
12-10-2010, 12:31 PM
If you guys know something I don't, feel free to clue me in.

How does Carolina have a shot at winning another game?

On top of that, how will Buffalo win the tie-breakers with Carolina (if they win, they won't), Cincy, and Detroit?

Give it up. The #1 pick is over. Move on.

better days
12-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I still think Luck's going to fall flat on his face in the NFL. Call it a hunch, but my hunches have been very good so far.

It would not surprise me. I don't know if he has the arm to play in the north east.

psubills62
12-10-2010, 12:36 PM
If you guys know something I don't, feel free to clue me in.

How does Carolina have a shot at winning another game?

On top of that, how will Buffalo win the tie-breakers with Carolina (if they win, they won't), Cincy, and Detroit?

Give it up. The #1 pick is over. Move on.

They play Arizona at home, John Fox is still fighting for his job.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Not this one. Luck will be a star.:ignore: :beers:

RockStar36
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM

Have you seen Carolina play?

They are bad. Plus they know they have the inside track to the #1. Don't discount that.

madness
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
You're hope may have just went out the window...

Delhomme to start for Browns (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/10/delhomme-to-start-for-browns/) <small>
Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2010-12-10T12:49:18+0000"> December 10, 2010 – 12:49 pm </abbr> </small>

Colt McCoy practiced on a limited basis Friday, but veteran Jake Delhome will make his third straight start for the Browns as they face the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium Sunday.
Browns head coach Eric Mangini said that based on how practice goes today (Friday) and how McCoy feels Saturday will determine whether or not McCoy can serve as the emergency third string QB against the Bills. McCoy has a high ankle sprain suffered three weeks ago.
Seneca Wallace will serve as the Browns’ backup quarterback.

better days
12-10-2010, 12:40 PM

The Panthers could win every game & Fox will be gone after this year. I do think Clausen is playing for his job though. If the Panthers select Luck, Clausen will be a back up & he will have to fight Pike for that honor.

psubills62
12-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Have you seen Carolina play?

They are bad. Plus they know they have the inside track to the #1. Don't discount that.

I know they're bad. But Arizona is starting John Skelton this coming week at QB...he's been splitting reps with Richard Bartel, who was just signed. I wouldn't underestimate Arizona's suckiness, either.

psubills62
12-10-2010, 12:50 PM
The Panthers could win every game & Fox will be gone after this year. I do think Clausen is playing for his job though. If the Panthers select Luck, Clausen will be a back up & he will have to fight Pike for that honor.

Yeah, I'm sure Fox is out no matter what, but why would he want to do Carolina any favors if he knows he's gone, anyway?

I agree - Clausen is playing for his job. Carolina's running game has also improved ever since Goodson took over. Jonathan Stewart is finally looking like his old self.

Like I said...Arizona sucks. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Carolina win that game.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-10-2010, 01:00 PM
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!:cas: :cas: :chug: :chug:

RockStar36
12-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Even if Carolina beats Arizona, that doesn't solve the Cincy/Detroit issues. The odds of getting the #1 pick are next to none.

psubills62
12-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Even if Carolina beats Arizona, that doesn't solve the Cincy/Detroit issues. The odds of getting the #1 pick are next to none.

They're not next to none. I'd say they're unlikely, but still a possibility. SOS's are very close, as I mentioned in the Draft Position thread. A lot of shifting can still occur.

feldspar
12-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Carolina plays Atlanta twice and Pittsburgh...they likely won't win any of those. Even if they do beat the Cardinals and the Bills lose out, we will still lose the tiebreaker for draft position against Carolina; they will pick first. The Cardinals also need a QB as badly as anyone.

Anyway, Luck may not even declare this year, and we are likely already out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes anyway.

Bangarang
12-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I hope Carolina wins out.

don137
12-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I truly wonder if Carolina had the #1 pick in the draft if they would trade the pick or keep it to draft Luck.
I have seen many Panthers games this season and I truly am not convinced one way or another if Claussen will become a good QB in this league. If I had to pick I would say no however he is a rookie being thrown to the wolves. It will be up to the next coach to decide.
On radio here in Charlotte they talked about what would be better drafting Luck or getting another pick and a player. For example, would you give them a player, a third and swap firsts to move up one or two spots?

justasportsfan
12-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Fox is gone and Carolina will hire Dick Jauron who in turn will bring in Trent to be his qb. Problem solved. Luck will be a abill.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Are you sure? I thought we had tiebreaker. I was thinking Arizona as a W with Skeleton starting now

RoscoeMagic
12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Atlanta will bench their players in week 17, and Carolina has Arizona. That's 2 possible wins, not that long shot. And Cincy just took the defending champ Saints to the last play. Their talented and can hang with anyone. I doubt we win another game, maybe week 17 with the benches, but Pats and Jets should still be duking it out for home field. With our injuries, I don't see another win.

RockStar36
12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Atlanta will bench their players in week 17, and Carolina has Arizona. That's 2 possible wins, not that long shot. And Cincy just took the defending champ Saints to the last play. Their talented and can hang with anyone. I doubt we win another game, maybe week 17 with the benches, but Pats and Jets should still be duking it out for home field. With our injuries, I don't see another win.

You don't know that.

If New Orleans beats Atlanta in Week 16, that division will still be up for grabs in Week 17.

Don't Panic
12-10-2010, 03:33 PM

Top pick might not matter... at least at first. I don't see the Lions taking Luck no matter what. Now, they could trade the pick, but that at least puts us in the conversation. And although the odds of Cincy going QB aren't much better, I could see a new regime wanting to start fresh and deal Palmer, highly increasing the odds of them going QB. That means Carolina is the only team we have to worry about for sure.

So that brings us to Roscoe's post. They definitely could beat Arizona. I'd call it 50/50. Fox isn't going to give up, and Claussen wants to send a message that he's worth building on. Atlanta would have to have the 1 seed locked up, rest Ryan, Turner and a lot of their D, and still pretty much lay down for Carolina to get that win. I wouldn't bank on it.

So then we go SOS, which I can't seem to find anywhere. I think it should be close, but they probably have the edge (we have the tougher schedule), and I doubt that changes since we still have Pats and Jets coming up. Therefore, the odds are slim, unless the Panthers can win vs. Atlanta's backups and everything else goes as planned. Then again, Delhomme could throw 4 picks this weekend and end this whole conversation!

RoscoeMagic
12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Top pick might not matter... at least at first. I don't see the Lions taking Luck no matter what. Now, they could trade the pick, but that at least puts us in the conversation. And although the odds of Cincy going QB aren't much better, I could see a new regime wanting to start fresh and deal Palmer, highly increasing the odds of them going QB. That means Carolina is the only team we have to worry about for sure.

So that brings us to Roscoe's post. They definitely could beat Arizona. I'd call it 50/50. Fox isn't going to give up, and Claussen wants to send a message that he's worth building on. Atlanta would have to have the 1 seed locked up, rest Ryan, Turner and a lot of their D, and still pretty much lay down for Carolina to get that win. I wouldn't bank on it.

So then we go SOS, which I can't seem to find anywhere. I think it should be close, but they probably have the edge (we have the tougher schedule), and I doubt that changes since we still have Pats and Jets coming up. Therefore, the odds are slim, unless the Panthers can win vs. Atlanta's backups and everything else goes as planned. Then again, Delhomme could throw 4 picks this weekend and end this whole conversation!

Yeah the Lions don't really matter to us. You have to assume they won't take Dareus or Fairley either with Suh and Corey Williams already on the inside. And obviously they're not taking a QB. I think they go one of the top 2 CBs.

It looks like Arizona has given up. If you've seen the games lately, Carolina is actually playing much better the past couple weeks and now with Jonathan Stewart back they at least have a threat on offense. Arizona's starting Skelton...say what you will about Clausen, but he's much better than Skelton who would be making his first start of his career 5th rounder out of Fordham.

Yeah maybe we play good D and pick off Delhomme, but is it reasonable to think we won't stop Hillis? He should run all over us like Mendenhall did, 30-35 times a game I think the Browns are smart enough to pound it all day. Especially with our injuries to both lines, I hope we win, but I don't think it will happen. We've also lost our last 3 to Cleveland. Then Miami, NE, Jets. Yeah I just don't see it. 3-13 for Buffalo best case scenario IMO which gives us a top 4 pick for sure I would think. If that's the case, Denver and Arizona better start winning too...too many variables! :ignore:

Cincy could take a QB, but they also have a ton of needs. But if Luck's there they shouldn't pass on him. I'm not sure they'd take Mallett, Locker, Newton or whoever else is out there though. Depends on the new coach situation.

RoscoeMagic
12-11-2010, 04:40 PM
You don't know that.

If New Orleans beats Atlanta in Week 16, that division will still be up for grabs in Week 17.

I know everything :plane:

NO will lose in 2 weeks in Baltimore.